What’s the sizing?

• 1/2 Size Big (buy a half size down)

Votes: 57 8.4%
  • True to Size (buy your true size)

Votes: 551 80.9%
  • 1/2 Size Small (buy a half size up)

Votes: 73 10.7%

• Total voters
Lmao... So stockx didn't take my mars 4s that had some creasing on the medial side. They didn't charge me the 15% tho. At least they have some type of integrity.

They probably thought it was worn/not DS. Oh well. That's cool that they didn't charge you the fee. Maybe they ultimately believed that it was unworn, but not in good enough condition to resell....

Lmao... So stockx didn't take my mars 4s that had some creasing on the medial side. They didn't charge me the 15% tho. At least they have some type of integrity.
Funny how they approved the WC3 FTL I purchased with the bent/flawed back tab which obviously shouldn’t have passed because it stuck out like a sore thumb. And they made it sounded like they did me a favor by allowing me to return...saying they will only let me return that one time and never again.

Check out the Black Metallic V's I received from StockX a few weeks ago. They arrived with a silver paint streak about 1" long, other than that, they were fine. I took some Angelus Black to the affected area and all is well. I did email them about the silver streak and they gave me the option of a $20 code or a refund...I took the code since I copped these for under retail. :smile:

Screen Shot 2018-03-20 at 3.51.05 PM.png
1C4CB55D-6548-4980-9522-7189EF9E5809.jpeg

Check out the Black Metallic V's I received from StockX a few weeks ago. They arrived with a silver paint streak about 1" long, other than that, they were fine. I took some Angelus Black to the affected area and all is well. I did email them about the silver streak and they gave me the option of a $20 code or a refund...I took the code since I copped these for under retail. :smile:

Makes sense. StockX isn't Nike QC. That's a manufacturer's defect, which they're not trying to screen. They're just checking that they're authentic and DS.

They probably thought it was worn/not DS. Oh well. That's cool that they didn't charge you the fee. Maybe they ultimately believed that it was unworn, but not in good enough condition to resell....
Nah they called in manufacturer defect. I understand why it wasn't accepted but it's an old shoe. Oh well. I'll sell them on reddit or something.

Funny how they approved the WC3 FTL I purchased with the bent/flawed back tab which obviously shouldn’t have passed because it stuck out like a sore thumb. And they made it sounded like they did me a favor by allowing me to return...saying they will only let me return that one time and never again.
-.- I would've been tight.

Smh at least it's fixable tho.

-.- I would've been tight.

Smh at least it's fixable tho.
Yea I was pissed when I read that response from them. Wrote them another email saying they shouldn't blame me for the return when obviously they've been F*&^king up and shouldn't have passed.

Yea I was pissed when I read that response from them. Wrote them another email saying they shouldn't blame me for the return when obviously they've been F*&^king up and shouldn't have passed.

I think it's debatable. A bent back tab that really should have been a Nike B stock, is a diff level. That silver line is a slippery slope. What about a small scuff from the factory, or weird EP, or crooked toe EP, or the perforation issue we've seen, or toe creasing, or diff leather on each shoe, glue stains, etc. It's a judgement call. They really can't be accountable for defects. If it could have legitimately come from the retailer like that, it should pass. That was is kind of borderline, but not really serious. I probably would have just used a sharpie. On that midsole it would hardly be noticeable. I'm sure you could have argued to return them with no penalty.

I think it's debatable. A bent back tab that really should have been a Nike B stock, is a diff level. That silver line is a slippery slope. What about a small scuff from the factory, or weird EP, or crooked toe EP, or the perforation issue we've seen, or toe creasing, or diff leather on each shoe, glue stains, etc. It's a judgement call. They really can't be accountable for defects. If it could have legitimately come from the retailer like that, it should pass. That was is kind of borderline, but not really serious. I probably would have just used a sharpie. On that midsole it would hardly be noticeable. I'm sure you could have argued to return them with no penalty.
To me, all the other flaws you mentioned isn't really noticeable unless you took a really close look at it, otherwise it looks normal. But the back tab was literally bent sticking backward that can't be ignored. I understand what you mean by it's a borderline, I probably wouldn't have made such a big deal out of it if I got it for retail.

Yes, they can't be accountable for defects...but they could not approve it, since that is part of what their service offers. That's where the borderline kicks in....I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will always feel that stockx is a big dumping ground to offload "B-grade" defected or factory-flawed shoes. No pictures required and no easy returns makes it so easy to do so.

Not saying it's all flawed shoes, but it's the best place to sell them off.

I've never gotten a perfect pair from stockx, and I just assume there's going to be some inconsistency when I buy from there.

Kind of in a wack position:

11.5 is too big heel slippage) but an 11 is a tad snug.

Going to rock with the 11 and hope there’s some give over time.

Nike makes Nike Elite Lightweight socks which are really thin and help in cases like this. I used them for the True Blue 3. Also, you could change the insoles to something thinner, while you break in the shoe. But the thicker insole is where the comfort comes from on this pair.

https://www.nike.com/t/elite-lightweight-no-show-tab-running-socks-olTgvv4n/SX5193-010

The outlets have had a bunch of the black ones recently. I bought a bunch for 5 bucks each when they had the 30% off.

Nike makes Nike Elite Lightweight socks which are really thin and help in cases like this. I used them for the True Blue 3. Also, you could change the insoles to something thinner, while you break in the shoe. But the thicker insole is where the comfort comes from on this pair.

https://www.nike.com/t/elite-lightweight-no-show-tab-running-socks-olTgvv4n/SX5193-010

The outlets have had a bunch of the black ones recently. I bought a bunch for 5 bucks each when they had the 30% off.
Most of Nike socks don't even have cotton in them anymore so I don't mess with em...

Most of Nike socks don't even have cotton in them anymore so I don't mess with em...

The nike dri fit cushioned socks are some of the best socks ever. Jordan Ultimate Flight Dri Fit no shows are amazing comfort and fit. Nike Elite wool no shows are awesome. I could go on and on, but I wear nike dri fit socks everyday to work. Now, these are not to be confused with the non dri fit cushioned socks, those suck.

I will always feel that stockx is a big dumping ground to offload "B-grade" defected or factory-flawed shoes. No pictures required and no easy returns makes it so easy to do so.

I've never gotten a perfect pair from stockx, and I just assume there's going to be some inconsistency when I buy from there.

I see where you're coming from. Perhaps on GRs where people like us are buying multiple pairs and sending in the rest to StockX. That said, we're a rounding error on sales. I bet most of them are straight out re-sellers just flipping them. Even at $30/pair profit, that's a 15% ROI. Do that in volume and it's very respectable. I had to buy a rental property to get that kind of return...heh. Other inventory they get are probably a lot of people just getting rid of shoes they don't wear, and want to flip them for something else, or young people realizing they're spending money they don't have, and need to cash out. I recently sold my UNDFT 97s. Awesome shoe, but I knew I would never get around to wearing them, and the price was so high, so I sent them to StockX. Perfect condition; no flaws or issue. I suppose I could buy the Tinkers with that money, and it would have only cost me about $200 out of pocket, however, I'm still not paying that kind of money for any pair of shoes, even if it was all profit from that sale; that's still cash that could by the Katrinas or something else ;-).

Anyway, to each their own; it's a pretty hassle free place to buy and sell, and a good view into how the market values a given shoe.

I just got my first pair/first purchase off of Stock X and sorta feeling this way. I've compared my pair to my TB's and Sport Blue and feel that the quality is better than the BC's that I bought. Could be buyer's remorse, lol?!?! I'll try to post pics to get some feedback/opinions...

a seller accepted my bid for $235 shipped on StockX :nthat:

heres hoping I don't get one of those B grade looking mismatched pairs

Back
Top Bottom