What’s the sizing?

• 1/2 Size Big (buy a half size down)

Votes: 57 8.4%
  • True to Size (buy your true size)

Votes: 551 80.9%
  • 1/2 Size Small (buy a half size up)

Votes: 73 10.7%

• Total voters
What's also near-sighted is for a company to degrade one of its own most popular models just because it might cost some money in the short-term to make a few changes. What happens the next time a line manager decides that a few more little changes won't make a difference, either? Then you've made changes to a shoe that was already changed, and it gets even more distanced from the reasons it was popular in the first place. It's a slippery slope, for starters.

People around here like to dismiss complaints like this by saying, if you don't like them then don't buy them. And I didn't. But make no mistake: In business, the disgruntled loyal fan is something to fear. Today it's me, @tonytobacco and probably a (for now) small number of others who spoke with our wallets. But one turns to two turns to three turns to 1,000 turns to 10,000 etc. Is it guaranteed this will happen to JB or the AJ3? Of course not. But there's also no guarantee hundreds of thousands of people will keep buying the shoe upon every release. Nike and Jordan seem to take this audience for granted, and that's a dangerous strategy to adopt.

This argument would be valid if these changes affected their bottom line, but so far it hasn’t. BC3s still sold really well and I’m sure they made a big profit.

They aren’t stupid, if the $$$ ever stopped rolling in they would make the changes they needed to, but for now they have incentive to do so.

This argument would be valid if these changes affected their bottom line, but so far it hasn’t. BC3s still sold really well and I’m sure they made a big profit.

They aren’t stupid, if the $$$ ever stopped rolling in they would make the changes they needed to, but for now they have incentive to do so.

Not too loud, you’re not supposed to oppose Group Think on NT, even if it makes sense.

Not too loud, you’re not supposed to oppose Group Think on NT, even if it makes sense.
Come on now, coming from someone that will argue to no end with pic after pic if someone disagrees with you. Both sides of the discussion can make sense. Trying to figure out Nike/JBs release logic is like talking politics. Everyone is right or wrong depending on what side your on. Being neutral and seeing both sides is not cool I know. They without doubt intentionally alter retros just enough to make you want to buy and also keep you coming back again. Some fall into it (like myself),, some do not. The guys that want a perfect retro, are they wrong? No. The people that "settle" are they wrong? No. Pass or buy its just that simple. Here we get the chance to discuss the details of shoes we want and like with people that actually understand what were talking about lol. Majority of consumers are not like us. So Nike, I truly believe gets feedback in here. But they are not going to change their plans because of us when they know its gonna sell regardless. So the discussion of if a 100% true remake would sell better or not is redundant.

Last edited:
20180825_175140.jpg
I'm happy with them cause I know Nike/Jordan will never give us a true og form

I’m agreeing with you, but to say closer to the OG means better sales simply isn’t true. The folks on here that are making this known are being attacked for being blind or whatever else just because they either don’t care to see the OG 1000% duplicated, or are trying to tell everyone else in NT that the majority doesn’t care and may never care. Let’s not act like NT people can’t and don’t get snoody when someone says they don’t like the OG as much as others. I’ve seen many get attacked because of their perceived age and join date.

I’ve.been told in this thread that since I like other OGs a lot(5-8 ), I’m supposed to like them all.

Additionally, I typically go back and forth if I see something that is factually incorrect(the Infrared debate, or the Charcoal 7 debate). The Infrared debate was about a disagreement fueled by a detail someone thought to be something else. Would I not be argued down, if I came in here claiming the OG 3s had black lines on the EP instead of grey, that changed to grey with age, after being shown repeatedly that they did?

Last edited:
Looking to pick up my first pair of 3's. If I go with the 2003 white cement, will these things bust after a few wears due to the age?

Looking to pick up my first pair of 3's. If I go with the 2003 white cement, will these things bust after a few wears due to the age?
If DS I think it will. My 2001 black cements are starting to lose the lettering on the AIR in the back.

I’m agreeing with you, but to say closer to the OG means better sales simply isn’t true. The folks on here that are making this known are being attacked for being blind or whatever else just because they either don’t care to see the OG 1000% duplicated, or are trying to tell everyone else in NT that the majority doesn’t care and may never care. Let’s not act like NT people can’t and don’t get snoody when someone says they don’t like the OG as much as others. I’ve seen many get attacked because of their perceived age and join date.

I’ve.been told in this thread that since I like other OGs a lot(5-8 ), I’m supposed to like them all.

Additionally, I typically go back and forth if I see something that is factually incorrect(the Infrared debate, or the Charcoal 7 debate). The Infrared debate was about a disagreement fueled by a detail someone thought to be something else. Would I not be argued down, if I came in here claiming the OG 3s had black lines on the EP instead of grey, that changed to grey with age, after being shown repeatedly that they did?
See I like the 6-9 originals a lot. I would love to have them all back looking like that again. But we know how this all works by now. As far as 80s retros go, I will take what I can get. Just because I do that, dont make me a poser or a fake. I have passed on way more than I have purchased. Ex the WC 4, diff shape, toe box, but Nike Air? I have to have that. No diff than with these BC3s. Are there some small details missing? Yes. But they are worth it to me. I love my pair. Im not waiting for Nike to finally appease the NikeTalk community because it wont happen. So I take what they give. And Im satisfied.

Nike watches us. We (NT) are the reason why small changes happen. They aint stupid. Make it exactly how we want it, then we wont buy the next iteration.

Remember, Nike is a marketing company that happens to sell sneakers.

they know that for today, the story sells not the actual product.

sad.

I don't know who originally concocted this theory that by making retros perfect, then no one will buy them the next time, but it's illogical. When they go five (give or take a bit) years in between releases, people who love the shoe most certainly will buy it again. The majority of buyers aren't whacky sneaker collectors and NT members with 100-plus pairs of shoes who have five-year-old shoes sitting around in pristine condition. Most people actually wear the shoes when they get them. Keeping them on ice for three years, then wearing them 12 times over the next two or three years is not normal behavior.

IMG_20180806_213023.jpg
IMG_20180806_213006.jpg
IMG_20180806_213041.jpg
As you can see I display alot of my stuff. I collect, and wear. Some I keep ds because they are too old and risky to wear now. I will always buy. The pairs I wear the most are not pictured. I have 11 pairs in regular rotation but it's hard to wear all the time working in a factory that requires steel toes. I do wish they would make all true to original. But I still enjoy what I have regardless.
Everyone buys for their own reasons. If they start making a true 100% retro, Im in. But it is very unlikely to happen. So with that, just enjoy what were able to obtain.

Last edited:
IMG_20180806_213023.jpg
IMG_20180806_213006.jpg
IMG_20180806_213041.jpg
As you can see I display alot of my stuff. I collect, and wear. Some I keep ds because they are too old and risky to wear now. I will always buy. The pairs I wear the most are not pictured. I have 11 pairs in regular rotation but it's hard to wear all the time working in a factory that requires steel toes. I do wish they would make all true to original. But I still enjoy what I have regardless.
Everyone buys for their own reasons. If they start making a true 100% retro, Im in. But it is very unlikely to happen. So with that, just enjoy what were able to obtain.

See, J, that’s definitely not normal behavior :rofl:
But that is badass.

I know my collection pales in comparison to a lot of you guys, but its all personal to me. The shoes are a way to tap into younger days when things were a lot simpler. Thank you for the comments. The Air Jordan is a tangible item I have used to have fun with, and remember. There is a thousand collections better than mine. But, memories drive my passion for these. In a world all about "now", I like to reflect on yesterday. Thanks NT.....:nthat: You all help me do that..:nthat:

The shoes are a way to tap into younger days when things were a lot simpler. Thank you for the comments. The Air Jordan is a tangible item I have used to have fun with, and remember. ... In a world all about "now", I like to reflect on yesterday

And ... THIS is why some of us keep harping about wanting better retros that are closer to the OGs. I held the OG 3s in my hands and saw them on the street. I couldn’t get them back then when I was in seventh grade when I was 11/12. THAT is why I won’t let it go. Thanks for summing it up, J, even if unintentionally.

And ... THIS is why some of us keep harping about wanting better retros that are closer to the OGs. I held the OG 3s in my hands and saw them on the street. I couldn’t get them back then when I was in seventh grade when I was 11/12. THAT is why I won’t let it go. Thanks for summing it up, J, even if unintentionally.
Believe me, in a perfect world they would ALL be 100% remakes. But it didnt take long (early 2000s) to figure out what they were doing. Im mean as far as leaving out certain details separating the current retro from the originals. It was all confirmed to me in a SC mag several years back that the tactic was for sure done on purpose by Gentry in an interview. "preserving the originals for the original collector". Which is total BS I know. So from that point I just kinda realized this is how its gonna be from here on.

Damn, found '01s I thought I tossed cleaning basement. Now, these are definitely Destroyed! Though some of you would probably classify these as Moderately Used...jk!

P.S. Midsole and Outsole strongly intact, no separation. Tabs will definitely crack though!

Attachments

• 20180828_230757.jpg
    20180828_230757.jpg
    234.6 KB · Views: 77
  • 20180828_230724.jpg
    20180828_230724.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 70
Believe me, in a perfect world they would ALL be 100% remakes. But it didnt take long (early 2000s) to figure out what they were doing. Im mean as far as leaving out certain details separating the current retro from the originals. It was all confirmed to me in a SC mag several years back that the tactic was for sure done on purpose by Gentry in an interview. "preserving the originals for the original collector". Which is total BS I know. So from that point I just kinda realized this is how its gonna be from here on.

Yup but we’ve also seen them go back on several things that dip**** said back then. He also said Nike Air was “never” coming back.

Most little changes on most of the models, I don’t care that much. Threes are just different. It’s one shoe I won’t buy in its present guise because all the changes make it a shoe that no longer makes me happy. Obviously you and others are happy with it, and that’s cool. I wish I could feel the same, believe me.

As much as we want a true shaped OG shoe from JB i dont think some would still be as happy as they think. With all the imperfections and inconsistencies from glue to leather to craftmanship, some would still look horrid with an OG shape... Reading through NT and seeing folks sorting through several pairs of Jays just to match a near perfecf pair suitable for them is crazy... Lets be honest JB had some of the crappiest craftmanship back then as well. Especially the jumpman itself.. The butt cracks, the poor stitching, The jumpman hand or leg just all over the place lol... Even some of the materials used didnt hold up long term.. Midsoles yellowed so quick on some models. Not saying this is true of all models. So bringing out a true OG would consist of bring back everything mention.. Would some of us be okay with this? Or do we want a hybrid shoe...just the OG shape with updated materials and craftmanship (which I dont think is an OG.... personal opinion). BTW JRepp23 JRepp23 thats a nice setup/display you have.

For me, its buy and enjoy what once was. Nostalgia is always gonna get some of us to cave in...
20180802_222844.jpg

Damn, found '01s I thought I tossed cleaning basement. Now, these are definitely Destroyed! Though some of you would probably classify these as Moderately Used...jk!

P.S. Midsole and Outsole strongly intact, no separation. Tabs will definitely crack though!

The shapes so much sleeker even the 2001's. I hate the bulky look and weird proportions. Makes me not even want to wear the 18's.

Back
Top Bottom