• 1/2 Size Big (buy a half size down)

Votes: 57 8.4%
  • True to Size (buy your true size)

Votes: 551 80.9%
  • 1/2 Size Small (buy a half size up)

Votes: 73 10.7%

• Total voters
DCD36641-868F-41DA-B3E6-B6A91FBF614A.gif

you can voice displeasure but why are you buying it? and or keeping it?

you have reviews pics on foots in high-def. If not to your liking don't buy, but they do and still complain i see if you brought it voice your concerns then returned the product.

On top of that its when something is found to be a GR the real complaints on quality come out. It's so inconsistent tbh if these were limited like the 88's with their sub par leather and non consistent elephant print (i had 3 pairs off FNL) i had to pick and match for the best one's smh... people would be like "BLESSED TO HAVE EM" then resell talk.

way more people were just hoping to get them very few brought up the fact they were 1 out of every 4 pairs were good

you have reviews pics on foots in high-def. If not to your liking don't buy, but they do and still complain i see if you brought it voice your concerns then returned the product.

On top of that its when something is found to be a GR the real complaints on quality come out. It's so inconsistent tbh if these were limited like the 88's with their sub par leather and non consistent elephant print (i had 3 pairs off FNL) i had to pick and match for the best one's smh... people would be like "BLESSED TO HAVE EM" then resell talk.

way more people were just hoping to get them very few brought up the fact they were 1 out of every 4 pairs were good

Who’s buying? I’m certainly not. :lol: I learned a loooong time ago to not give JB my money, hence why I’ve only bought a handful of pairs in the last 10+ years. When they do it right, I buy. Has nothing to do with limited or GR for me. A bad product is a bad product.

Was hoping for a retro worthy of a buy, but JB gonna JB. Oh well. Maybe next time they’ll get it right??

Last edited:
Who’s buying? I’m certainly not. :lol: I learned a loooong time ago to not give JB my money, hence why I’ve only bought a handful of pairs in the last 10+ years. When they do it right, I buy. Has nothing to do with limited or GR for me. A ****ty product is a ****ty product.

Was hoping for a retro worthy of a buy, but JB gonna JB. Oh well. Maybe next time they’ll get it right??

then i can respect you opinion in saying your voting with your wallet lots of people are just talking that talk, but handing JB $$$$

at least you stand on ur convictions

it's not a debate for me. I've talked to people on campus and got it straight from them. maybe those you're talking to are telling you different but I trust the people that I have talked to.
this is true and not just when it comes to shoes or any consumer product. feedback is taken into account in every avenue of life. it may not change something overnight and it may take awhile but voices are heard. someone would be foolish not to take into account the voices of consumers, listeners, viewers, etc.

it don’t look like it matters much if most buyers don’t give 2 damns about shape, ep, color, height, na or jump man. it’s been said before.

nike/jb can re re release any original retro and chances are it will relatively sell well.

until all jordan nike products sit on shelf’s collecting dust, it looks like they make things how they interpret it

until that happens, nike and jb are hearing and reading some of “our” (that is Niketalk’s honest opinions) words and are making products that satisfies them more than what the consumers, collectors, ogs, retro heads REALLY want.

Some of these products are a hit, so they figure it looks acceptable according to the sales.

And then 6, 10 yrs after they will be like hey let’s retro these and make them even more accurate to originals

whether they sell subpar stuff, close to accurate stuff, or even 99.9% accurate stuff,
some stuff will sell.

however our opinions, photoshops, and wallets do matter to some extent to nike. no matter how many comments or how much money, or how many photos

The purchase is the main vote. and it seems a lot of the voters aren’t paying the kind of attention some niketalkers pay.

big difference between 2016 tb3 and possibly these

then i can respect you opinion in saying your voting with your wallet lots of people are just talking that talk, but handing JB $$$$

at least you stand on ur convictions

Absolutely most are doing that. I used to be one of them! :lol: That nostalgia is hard to set aside and JB knows this.

I’m to the point now where I pass on most retros because Nike always cuts corners. The AM98 comes to mind—been waiting on a proper retro of those for years. I thought they got it right this time until the Gundam outsole was wrong AND they put leather on the shoe where the OG didn’t have it. Easy pass for me.

Now the Anniversary AM1s? They got those right. Shape is good. Materials are acceptable. Guess what? I’m up to 3 pairs of the reds and am looking for a fourth. :lol: :smh:

i got the solars 2s. awesome looking shoe, the quality looks subpar. it don’t matter to me how lmtd or not, quality should be what it should be for what we pay. usually it ain’t the case

1.it’s 1 thing to complain about a shoe before u buy it or see it

2. it’s 1 thing to keep complaining 24/7 :lol: and not buy

3. it’s another thing to see it, buy the shoe, not complain and keep it

4. it’s another to see it, buy the shoe, complain, and keep it

5. it’s another to see it, buy the shoe, complain, and trade/sell it

6. it’s finally another to complain about a shoe, look at it, convert, buy it, keep it and your mouth closed!:lol:

Guys if you want to make a statement. Do not spend your dollars. It's that simple.

Your complaint will highlight a problem, sure, but JB's profit margin, positioning and equity is still strong, all this online bickering will fall on deaf ears if you still purchase the product.

Guys if you want to make a statement. Do not spend your dollars. It's that simple.

Your complaint will highlight a problem, sure, but JB's profit margin, positioning and equity is still strong, all this online bickering will fall on deaf ears if you still purchase the product.
try again next retro. dudes ain't skippin these

To be honest,
It’s awesome seeing what these customers/restorers are doing these days.
If the release really bothered me, I’d seriously consider buying an old pair that I felt was acceptable then paying for the work to be done.

And I am personally following what I am preaching.
I’ve been buying older jordans when what’s released is something I’m disturbed about.
Give me back my red October money

Is it even bickering though? This is NikeTALK. If dudes can’t voice displeasure here, where can they? You have mods telling people to get over it, a.k.a. shut up and accept what JB gives you. Seems to be the antithesis of what NT is, but maybe I’m just old. *shrugs*

Any info on when the chain stores are doing reservations? I’m going into next week with just Snkrs as ammo. I think its time to dust off the store apps.

Is it even bickering though? This is NikeTALK. If dudes can’t voice displeasure here, where can they? You have mods telling people to get over it, a.k.a. shut up and accept what JB gives you. Seems to be the antithesis of what NT is, but maybe I’m just old. *shrugs*
No need to put words in my mouth homie.

You got mods in here tired of seeing the same complaining. Y’all supposed to be grown men yet y’all complaining about every little detail.

I’m not saying just accept what JB gives you. Learn to read and comprehend vs deciding to make words out of what I say. I’ve clearly stated that if you have issues then DO NOT BUY. That defintiely does not say what you are lying about.

Last edited:
I realize we are on an online forum about sneakers and I like sneakers as much as the next guy but at the end of the day theyre just shoes. Something Im gonna put on my feet to go about my day. They are gonna get scuffed, someones gonna spill beer on em, the paint will chip. Ill probably step in dog ****. Thats life. So who cares if theres a small glue mark coming off the heel or if your elephant print is slightly off? How obsessive and OCD has the sneaker "community" become? Every little stitch, every glue mark, every cm of our elephant print.

Ive never bought a J that I truly wasnt happy with. I buy what I like and wear everything I own. I dont care if its a GR or Family and Friends kick. Ive worn the 2013 Fire Red 3s easily 700+ times. Balled in em, yardwork, hit the bar, wear em in the winter etc.....Theyve held up fine. These are Nikes, not high end shoes, not Louboutins.

As far as the OG thing.What percentage of buyers were even around when these originally came out? Honestly. While there are people who grew up with MJ and do have nostalgia for the OG. Its not the majority. I respect the older heads that have truly seen Js from the beginning. Thats dope.

These shoes look great and if you actually plan on putting these on your feet and living life then who cares about minor flaws. The real issue is a lot of sneakerheads have their priorities backwards. No money in the bank but spending their paycheck on kicks and clothes. No car but 50 pairs of Js they havent worn. Walking around duckfooted not bending their toes to preserve the shoes on their feet. all outta wack.

Back
Top Bottom