Air Jordan II “Chicago” December 30th 2022

Wonder if it even made a difference with holes or not.
They eyelets seem durable and I haven’t really seen cracked eyelets. But then again I feel like material back then was more durable. Heck my 85 chicago glue is still holding strong.

At least my pair is still intact. (Unfortunately the midsole did not hold up with time lol)
8BAFDD90-6BD1-4B02-9558-E46D0B88224C.jpeg

Get those things sole swapped and wear them down…

Soooo.... I received my pair fron Snks App, Overall not bad, the Leather upper is NOT good imo very cheap. crazy cause I've seen some pairs on this thread that the Leather looks good, my pair was "Made in Vietnam" is there others made from somewhere else out there or? I have the '94 pair and I'll be honest the '94 pair is BY FAR better, Leather quality, Toe Box shape, the punched out holes wrapping around the sides and toe box are to far back they should be closer towards the toe box rand of Leather, also the heel tab (red piece and Nike logo is smaller than the '94 pair, the "Air Jordan" logo on the tongue is not the same and smaller. I realize I'm being picky and that this is the BEST retro of the OG 2 since '94, but i was just hoping for more . lol

Chicagos touched down from eBay today! Pretty happy with these overall. A step down in quality over all from the AMMs but about on the same level with the OW 2s. Over all very happy with them. Nike gave me the fun around with my size 11 but eBay came through with a good price. Here’s my obligatory “look at my other shoes” pics
F5809F54-BB70-4A4B-96DE-A607F2C659F6.jpeg
07CB6A63-4670-409E-AFCD-D12B8F08FA29.jpeg
702B4C75-D544-470C-A112-0FB58F8FEF23.jpeg
C809084A-F2CC-4EF0-B032-EA69542423F2.jpeg
93F3DF01-0DE4-4190-9457-2551EB57C8A8.jpeg

Soooo.... I received my pair fron Snks App, Overall not bad, the Leather upper is NOT good imo very cheap. crazy cause I've seen some pairs on this thread that the Leather looks good, my pair was "Made in Vietnam" is there others made from somewhere else out there or? I have the '94 pair and I'll be honest the '94 pair is BY FAR better, Leather quality, Toe Box shape, the punched out holes wrapping around the sides and toe box are to far back they should be closer towards the toe box rand of Leather, also the heel tab (red piece and Nike logo is smaller than the '94 pair, the "Air Jordan" logo on the tongue is not the same and smaller. I realize I'm being picky and that this is the BEST retro of the OG 2 since '94, but i was just hoping for more . lol
Some of those details are more accurate on these compared to the OG than the 94/95 version. The red heel bellows and Nike logo are way too big on your old pair, I’m sorry to say. There’s no disputing the leather quality, though 🤣

Did a side by side pic with my cooked ‘94 pair last night, didn’t realize they have 4 eyelets plus the lace holes was also punched too.

I also notice the ankle on the ‘94 pair have almost no padding and they have that slant just like the newer retros have.
76AFE577-15F6-4EB8-B079-DC28C9B58EA9.jpeg

Last edited:
Overall, I am unimpressed with this release. Yes, the toebox looks much better than previous releases but they still screwed up the back and collar. The red on the back is incorrect and the spine is too small.
Based on what comparison? The 95s? Or the OG? As much as that SCollard dude was annoying on this II retro release, this IG post of his was informative when we’re talking about the heels. Hit the second slide to see.

There is no way in hell you honestly believe the leather on these is similar/on par with Chi OWs. NO WAY, NOT EVEN CLOSE! frenchbreadbuilds frenchbreadbuilds

The OW 2s might be a little bit thicker cut with an unfinished edge but it looks and feels like that same “nothing to write home about” Jordan brand leather. The chicagos have the vinyl tongue that is an obvious downgrade in comparison but outside of that? I love the shoe, but there’s nothing overtly luxurious about the OW2. Especially put up against the AMM 2’s and Just Dons

Last edited:
Soooo.... I received my pair fron Snks App, Overall not bad, the Leather upper is NOT good imo very cheap. crazy cause I've seen some pairs on this thread that the Leather looks good, my pair was "Made in Vietnam" is there others made from somewhere else out there or?
Pair from Nam as well.
Leather is fine but definitely not that tumbled butter soft others have had the fortune of recieving aside from the hits at tongues top.
Be sure to check your insoles,
nike reimbursed 10% but they came with ones 2 sizes smaller than the actual shoe.

9 Ls now for 2s im one of the house who don't want them for the hype too. I keditnkovebrhis shoe. Resale doesn't bother meni the least I'm looking at a lar for 224 right now... either their fake or stolen or ont a imed heavily discounted. I'll be famned paying 300 for some fakes... thats the only thing k3epimy3 ftpm yo65omg pay...

Back
Top Bottom