Air Jordan Future Featuring xi sole 2014

mean.gif

Let me guess, make the first 2 pairs orca limited to build up the hype.. Then a few months later they flood the market and everyone is pissed, because they arent special anymore

I hope I'm wrong, because I actually like the concept of the shoe (plus I'm a sucker for black and lime/neon green CWs), but I bet THIS particular pair will be limited.

First real information we get on a pair, and we already have detailed images and a release date which is only 2 months away?  Smells like a QS/limited release to me.  

COMPLETE SPECULATION BUT....

JB can start the price point @ $185, let Nike do what they do best, and limit the supply on their perceived most sought after CW (throwing all their eggs in the basket with this first pair with the GITD and 3M), then watch all of us squirm...

1-2 months later, all of a sudden we'll see a Laney CW, Knicks CW, insert random "non-desirable" CW here, then pull us back in with a Infrared/Bulls CW, then back to a few less desirable CWs, or lowtop version as mentioned previously.  They might not make $185 on each CW, but by limiting the first run and including all the "hype" related concepts with the first model, they in turn set their own market price and will get folks spending $140 on a "discounted" pair in an alternate CW down the line and feeling good about their purchase.  

After the XX8, JB is fishing for ANYTHING they can to generate hype/marketing on a non-retro shoe.  "Let's see...what's popular out there now?  Ok, lets start with a woven upper, sprinkle in some 3M, make sure they glow in the dark, then just to top it off, throw the XI midsole/outsole on em...that should work right?".  I'm not knocking their strategy, or the shoe, but, at least in my opinion, their marketing strategy seems pretty transparent.  I imagine if the aforementioned CMFT XIs, or Clave Xs released in THIS market, they'd sell.  We're in the middle of the shoe bubble, and JB is doing everything they can before it pops...

I know "TL:DR"

As for the shoe...I like em.  I enjoy seeing JB branching out and trying something new.  Can't wait to see some more pics, and HOPE that I'm completely wrong, and they're massed produced.  

Let me guess, make the first 2 pairs orca limited to build up the hype.. Then a few months later they flood the market and everyone is pissed, because they arent special anymore
I've unfortunately had that suspicion since the first info dropped 2 months ago.  I do think we'll see these FLOOD the market during the summer months...but not these two pairs.  

Nike marketing strategy is genius...

Starting to loose hope to find a size 13 for a decent price.  I was first hoping for $250...now $300 seems completely out of reach.  I wouldn't be surprised to see these hit $400+ (at least in size 13...I hate wearing that size) soon after release.

Oh well...let's see how it pans out.

I was there this past saturday, I asked three different employees about the release they all said FCFS 
mean.gif
 we know how dangerous thats is in nyc. But they could've possibly changed the method.

I wonder what niketown is doing 
nerd.gif

FCFS. Hope I beat the resellers there. Its gonna be a fun night LOL

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom