Air Jordan 9 “Olive”: Nov. 17 (New Pictures pg 19)

What do you think about these?

• Cop

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pass

• I really don't care

• Total voters
So my olive 9 experience turned out very shady. My connect had them on lock for me weeks before the release. His coworker told him that she would use her discount, then she says no on the discount and I was like coo, nor prob I will pay retail. Then Friday night my connect tells me no go on the olive 9's, his coworker decides to tell him the night of the release she can't (which BASICALLY means SHE WON'T) do it. She finds out they are limited, doesn't even want the damn shoes just to resell them. I am more upset at how this went down. She knew damn well before the release that she was NOT going to do it and if she told my connect that he would have just got them for me himself. THIS retro 9 I wanted and needed to complete my set of OG colorways ONLY for the Jordan 9's! Just had to get that out.

Last edited:
Olive 9's this popular? Since when? :lol: Crazy world we live in now :smh:

Every since JB/Nike slapped a "LIMITED" tag on it. Seriously ALL I heard was most people TRASHING this shoe when they talked about them, but yet it sells out faster then most shoes have this year! It would be the ONE shoe that I need and want to complete my Jordan 9 OG ONLY colorways set. Some serious BS goin on.

Last edited:
I understand why ppl dont like the color way. it isnt traditional. But i had them in 02 and I've been trying to get my hands on another pair for over 2 years. It annoys me that ppl got them just to sell. People like my self who really wanted them lost out or had to pay more then retail.
mean.gif

word I hope so, so are you just gonna keep checking the sites online to see if they put up more sizes? if so do you think it will be on footlocker, eastbay etc? or just restocks on select sites

Is there even a chance of restock?
I would imagine there is with NDC later this week. Most releases get a re-stock cuz of canceled orders, ect....and with the website being faulty on Saturday I would say there is a good change there will be a restock...but who knows. I know the alter-ego pack as had small re-stocks too far for what its worth.

Olive 9's this popular? Since when? :lol: Crazy world we live in now :smh:

Every since JB/Nike slapped a "LIMITED" tag on it. Seriously ALL I heard was most people TRASHING this shoe when they talked about them, but yet it sells out faster then most shoes have this year! It would be the ONE shoe that I need and want to complete my Jordan 9 OG ONLY colorways set. Some serious BS goin on.

I feel what you saying. But they know what they are doing by creating this situation. The sudden desire for this cw sounds crazy to me. You're always going to have those that like these because they like the shoe, such as your case. But these selling out? Naaah son. This is my third time witnessing this shoe, OG, retro, and re-retro. When then retro'd in '02, these sat mostly until dudes figured out they can buy them and dye the olive part black. Now all of a sudden it's a hot cw and it's a "must have" for the collection? F O H. I know I'm not crazy, but it's a case of hype beyond hype. Because of this false hysteria of "needing" a cw, I'm really starting not to care until it dies down. However long it takes. I just don't buy these hypebeast liars talking about it's their "grail" or something. :smh:

And to those talking restock, there isn't for the most part. Just sporadic cancelled orders. Y'all know the drill by now. Good luck to those who really like this craptastic shoe...

I feel what you saying. But they know what they are doing by creating this situation. The sudden desire for this cw sounds crazy to me. You're always going to have those that like these because they like the shoe, such as your case. But these selling out? Naaah son. This is my third time witnessing this shoe, OG, retro, and re-retro. When then retro'd in '02, these sat mostly until dudes figured out they can buy them and dye the olive part black. Now all of a sudden it's a hot cw and it's a "must have" for the collection? F O H. I know I'm not crazy, but it's a case of hype beyond hype. Because of this false hysteria of "needing" a cw, I'm really starting not to care until it dies down. However long it takes. I just don't buy these hypebeast liars talking about it's their "grail" or something. :smh:

I hear what you are saying, but if you go back far enough and cherry pick, you can make the same case for lots of shoes. OG Carmines, Blues, and Maroons couldn't be given away. Mocha IIIs sat like bricks. $49.99 Laneys. $49.99 1994 Is, IIs, and IIIs...

As any successful company does, JB was able to grow their customer base over the years. There are a lot of johnny-come-lately, limited-chasing wannabe hypebeast types out there, but credit JB's marketing and all that too because they've also been able to just honestly gain more customers too. (Despite a vastly inferior product than in the past).

Personally, the Olives were my favorite IX CW when they released as OGs. Overall, I thought the IX was a step down from the VIII though and didn't buy any of them.

And to those talking restock, there isn't for the most part. Just sporadic cancelled orders. Y'all know the drill by now. Good luck to those who really like this craptastic shoe...

They've had plenty of restocks over the past year, militaries, fire reds, VII's...

So why didn't you put the work in? Stop using NT as a way to gauge how popular a shoe will be. Most lines had older guys in them.

Yo, some people freak out over the use of terms like "Bred," Raptor," or "swag." I don't like 'em either, but the #1 priority for reforming sneaker language has to be to remove the term "putting in work." Can we please not attempt to associate buying shoes, google-ing release dates, and lining up on a sidewalk with "work?"

Last edited:

Not sure if you have been paying attention to recent releases but there will be some form of restock. Pretty much every Jordan since the Obsidian 12s have restocked on NDC or JJ. They may not have EVERY size but definitely more than sporadic cancelled orders. Anyways, thanks in advance for wishing me luck on copping this really crapastic shoe :nthat:

Yo, some people freak out over the use of terms like "Bred," Raptor," or "swag." I don't like 'em either, but the #1 priority for reforming sneaker language has to be to remove the term "putting in work." Can we please not attempt to associate buying shoes, google-ing release dates, and lining up on a sidewalk with "work?"

I still don't understand "my body is ready". Sounds like something only a female should say. There's no way you can say that out loud and sound masculine. Do dudes say that off line? In a room full of dudes, dudes are saying, yo son my bodies ready for those elevens?

Last edited:
I still don't understand "my body is ready". 
laugh.gif

Good, I'm not the only one who thinks this is strange.

I still don't understand "my body is ready". Sounds like something only a female should say. There's no way you can say that out loud and sound masculine. Do dudes say that off line? In a room full of dudes, dudes are saying, yo son my bodies ready for those elevens?

:lol: True.

I've always dismissed that as just silly internet speak. I thought it was just a meme - like "Thank you Based God" or whatever.

But, when dudes say, "putting in work," I feel like they are being serious, which is what is disturbing.

Back
Top Bottom