Air Jordan 6 retro “Carmine” - Nike Air - February 13, 2021

6C857E1A-0E07-4318-8500-17F8E6111703.jpeg

This damn re-release just had a litany of problems. The issues are just perpetual.

Although there were pairs with midsoles that weren't discolored pink, some did have a teeny shade of pink on them which makes me feel those will eventually turn pink.

After seeing a multitude of negative feedback on here during the release weekend, it made me decide not to try to hunt for leftover pairs at stores before that weekend ended.

These just weren't worth the stress for me despite having enough gift cards to get myself a pair if I was able to find one at a store. Even if I got a pair that didn't have pink midsoles, I would have still been stressing over if they would turn pink or not.

And I would have worn them seldomly. My only motivation to get these was to wear them strictly with the 1991-92 white Bulls Jordan jersey I have. I already have lots of shoes that I don't wear often because they're strictly for my correlation purposes. Perhaps having these would have compounded that little issue.

So not getting a pair of these isn't a bad thing for me at all in a broad sense. But if there were zero problems with the quality and acquisition process, I would have been happy to have these.

And I hope everyone who got a pair so far doesn't end up with problems in the future despite my skepticism on these.

Wow! Now THIS is really disappointing.
I was just about to post this too. So fkd up man I had so much love for these too.
Chipping paint is the icing on the pink cake!
:rofl:
wow not the paint cracking again wtf
Can anyone here confirm their pairs cracking too?
If that's legit and not a troll job or a bad pair of fakes or whatever, just ... wow. I know this is only one release but it's been so ******, it's starting to feel like the bad old days of the mid/late 2000s have returned for real. Hopefully enough people in here have already been wearing their pairs to confirm this alleged one-wear paint cracking is BS.

I don't know about unfair, but it's stupid. First of all, no one knows for sure that's how the app works. Second of all, I, for one, try to buy lots of shoes every year from Footlocker. And it gives me Ls left and right. So I'm not sure what 20 pairs you're buying there per year, unless you're buying loads and loads of GRs just to get a few pairs of shoes you actually want at retail price. The math doesn't add up for someone who does that, anyway. I'm not going to spend $2K-plus at a store on **** I don't want just for access to the shoes I do to avoid paying the resale tax. You're better off, financially, buying nothing from Footlocker etc and just paying the resale price, if that's really how it works.
I mean, what is this, a Ferrari dealer? Where they make first-time customers buy a pre-owned car or three before possibly, maybe, letting that person onto the list for the next new car? Or a Rolex dealer, where you have to buy a bunch of $8K-plus watches before they'll possibly, maybe, let you on the list for a Daytona or Submariner at retail? Give me a break.
That's a great question. I'm going to run down the list of just Jordans I copped up to July 2020 off the app's reservation system since FLX launched on All Star Weekend of 2020. This is just up to July so imagine how much more I've copped since then.

UNC to Chicago I
Pine Green I
Flint XIII
Concord Bred XI Lows
Toro XIV
Alternate Grape V
Smoke Grey I
Black Cement XI Low IE
University Gold XII

There's probably a lot of Yeezys I copped throughout the year as well. I also copped several pairs of Black Satin Is, Defiant Is, and Neon Air Max 95 IVs when they went on sale.

If I was MJ, all OG retros would be made in USA to highest level of quality.. His brand at this point should be all about honoring his legacy, and one of the best ways to do so is with the shoes.

MJ has a whole lot of leverage with Nike, I’m sure he could make it happen if he wasn’t afraid to ruffle some feathers :emoji_alien:

If I was MJ, all OG retros would be made in USA to highest level of quality.. His brand at this point should be all about honoring his legacy, and one of the best ways to do so is with the shoes.

MJ has a whole lot of leverage with Nike, I’m sure he could make it happen if he wasn’t afraid to ruffle some feathers :emoji_alien:
Facts that would be nice and pricey

That's a great question. I'm going to run down the list of just Jordans I copped up to July 2020 off the app's reservation system since FLX launched on All Star Weekend of 2020. This is just up to July so imagine how much more I've copped since then.

UNC to Chicago I
Pine Green I
Flint XIII
Concord Bred XI Lows
Toro XIV
Alternate Grape V
Smoke Grey I
Black Cement XI Low IE
University Gold XII

There's probably a lot of Yeezys I copped throughout the year as well. I also copped several pairs of Black Satin Is, Defiant Is, and Neon Air Max 95 IVs when they went on sale.

See, that's the thing and exactly my point: It depends on what you're into. Of all those shoes you listed, the only one I wanted (and got, and not from FTL) or gave a **** about was the flint 13. So if the theory is even correct in terms of how the app works, I have to buy virtually every retro Jordan release to get the one or two or three pairs I actually want. I'm just way better off paying whatever resale is on those pairs rather than buying 10-plus pairs of shoes that cost on average $200 or so out the door. As many shoes as I love and buy, I'm not literally a crackhead who feels the need to buy 75 percent of everything the brand pushes out. Oh well.

If they’re already shipped, Nike isn’t going to do anything else. That is you’re only option.

I agree, I would take the L and be more careful next time. I’ve accidentally shipped to the wrong address before but I don’t go blaming Nike about it :lol:

Jordans were never made in USA and will never be made in the USA. Be ready to pay $500 retail for some made in USA Jordans.

We have to deal with this issue again? The 2015 6s didn’t have this issue. This is all Gentry fault; this hasn’t happened post 2015.

Nike/JB need to cut costs in order to increase profits per pair. They cut production #s on retros (per individual release) so they wouldn’t have to discount pairs. They have to make that up by cutting production costs or raising prices, and they haven’t done the latter yet at least not overall for retros.

Nike/JB need to cut costs in order to increase profits per pair. They cut production #s on retros (per individual release) so they wouldn’t have to discount pairs. They have to make that up by cutting production costs or raising prices, and they haven’t done the latter yet at least not overall for retros.

One thing that helped them was with stores being closed during the pandemic they could put more stuff directly online, which gets them more money per pair.

One thing that helped them was with stores being closed during the pandemic they could put more stuff directly online, which gets them more money per pair.

Yep you are 100% correct about this. I do wonder if the pandemic and issues with manufacturing abroad made them rush the production of this release as well since production on there had to have started in 2020 (I’m sure someone with a pair could confirm). Wouldn’t be at all surprised if they rushed these out the door as a result of that.

Just got off the phone with Nike and they’re going to escalate it. Gave me a case number and to check back later today.

One rep even told me to force FedEx to turn it around and Nike would automatically refund me and I can “simply” re-order the shoes. I had to tell her I’m not sure that’s possible.

Just got off the phone with Nike and they’re going to escalate it. Gave me a case number and to check back later today.

One rep even told me to force FedEx to turn it around and Nike would automatically refund me and I can “simply” re-order the shoes. I had to tell her I’m not sure that’s possible.
Lmao they playin games

Back
Top Bottom