Air Jordan 5 Retro 'Fire Red' 2013 Vol: No 23

My right shoe has the jumpman slightly off too...ordered from NDC and just got them. Not the end of the world but interesting that at least 3 of us have the same problem on the right shoe.
I'm starting to think this is normal. I noticed the "head" of the jumpan aligns with the part of the leather that dips "U". The way the leather is cut (left vs right shoe) might be the reason for this.

Last edited:
THIS
Umm what do you want them to do?
If you are not satisfied go return it but dont expect a replacement if its oos... Preety much hav to live with it if u don return

Define "circle."
Obviously I was exaggerating a little.

My point was, that they went way South before coming back up North to make my delivery.... I'm in Austin.

The fact that you actually mapped it out to analyze my verbage choice tho.......

I can only add the sz 8 and 10.5 to the cart.

Side note,
this is what I was talking about. My midsole has this black stain on the the red. Is there any way to clean this off? I bought these from Niketown LA
My pair have the same stain in the same spot, although it doesn't bug me it's surprising we have similar defects.

Honestly, I would have a restorer or a customizer fix this, but document the entire process and email it over to JB or Nike.

If you go through that much truoble, you're bound to get something out of it.

But you pretty much have a some choices to make:

A. Return, get your money back, say goodbye to these until a "possible" restock.

B. My suggestion of fixing them if you REALLY want to keep them.

It all depends on how much you want them though.

Obviously I was exaggerating a little.

My point was, that they went way South before coming back up North to make my delivery.... I'm in Austin.

The fact that you actually mapped it out to analyze my verbage choice tho.......
Looks like they just wanted to get to San Antonio before Austin. Makes perfect sense to me since it's a bigger hub and they probably had more to deliver.

Honestly, I would have a restorer or a customizer fix this, but document the entire process and email it over to JB or Nike.

A. Return, get your money back, say goodbye to these until a "possible" restock.

Get a restorer involved over some 2013 "pleather" V's
mean.gif
Maybe if these were DB IX's but for easiest cop of the year it makes no sense to put all that work into *maybe* getting a $25 gift card. I would just return them if it bothers me.

Get a restorer involved over some 2013 "pleather" V's
mean.gif
Maybe if these were DB IX's but for easiest cop of the year it makes no sense to put all that work into *maybe* getting a $25 gift card. I would just return them if it bothers me.
True.

Like I said, depends on how much he wants them though. I'd probably just return them and wait for a restock.

True.

Like I said, depends on how much he wants them though. I'd probably just return them and wait for a restock.
The thing that gets me if how we all have similar issues, you would think they would check these spots first when judging if it's a B-grade..

Last edited:
Looks like they just wanted to get to San Antonio before Austin. Makes perfect sense to me since it's a bigger hub and they probably had more to deliver.
UPS is so large of a company though, I know it was bound to happen.

Typically stuff travels a little more direct (we get madd deliveries at my house). More than half of my recent pick ups come directly to Austin from Dallas. They waste of lot of resources when they go out of the way so much though. (I work for a regional UPS competitor and could go into Logistics but 
J7BMq.gif
)

Typically it just comes a lot more direct to me. They're getting here a day ahead of schedule though so I'm not complaining, just amused
laugh.gif

True.

I would pick up a pair via restock, or even from a store shelf if mother has unlocked the basement, and THEN return the ones with the tiny black speck that he doesn't like.  Just to guarantee he has a pair. 

The thing that gets me if how we all have similar issues, you would think they would check these spots first when judging if it's a B-grade..
Agreed!

Quality control is mos def slippin'. Kind of anxious about how my pair will look when I open them tonight. I've got class until 9:30 though
mean.gif

Last edited:
My pair is out for delivery today from NDC.

Checked UPS' tracking, and these took the most out of the way route possible through their network. :lol:

To sum it up, these went through the biggest circle ever.
I'm sure it's because that's the only truck that's going your way at the time or else it might not get to you at the time frame they say. That's just my opinion. It's funny when you see it happen like that tho.

I would pick up a pair via restock, or even from a store shelf if mother has unlocked the basement, and THEN return the ones with the tiny black speck that he doesn't like.  Just to guarantee he has a pair. 
With as many numbers as it seems like JB put out on these, this is probably the best option.

& who gave them to him & cuts Crabtree a check???? JB like i said :lol:

Was that media day? If so good marketing on there part. Think the hype of a whole team wearin em will make em move off shelves quicker. (Insert laughing emoticon)

Nike.com chat was a bust. The girl pretty much said this,

"Since this item was purchased at the store, then you need to fix this with the store"

Tweeted Nikela and sent a DM but have yet received a response.

No complaints besides a slightly off centered jumpman on right heel. The leather was no surprise, very similar to my white cement IVs just a little thicker IMO. The tongue is shaped differently than my other Vs it's taller and has a little more padding. There is no way to defend or justify the way JB sizes their products. I sized down to a 9 thanks to tips from other NTers and it was the right move no doubt. My size 9 fit like my 9.5 WC IVs and those ran big so essentially these run almost a full size up. Overall I'm satisfied with my first pickup of 2013.

No complaints besides a slightly off centered jumpman on right heel. The leather was no surprise, very similar to my white cement IVs just a little thicker IMO. The tongue is shaped differently than my other Vs it's taller and has a little more padding. There is no way to defend or justify the way JB sizes their products. I sized down to a 9 thanks to tips from other NTers and it was the right move no doubt. My size 9 fit like my 9.5 WC IVs and those ran big so essentially these run almost a full size up. Overall I'm satisfied with my first pickup of 2013.
Another person with the jumpman slightly to the right only on the RIGHT SHOE! Even though it's off to the right the head lines up with the "U" cut in the leather just like mine. This may be how it's supposed to be.

I drew a pic so you can see what I'm referring to >

Last edited:
Just got my 10.5 from Eastbay just now. Honestly I'm pretty impressed with these. Mine came out perfect. Love the og box and black paper. Really nostalgic. They do seem big like others have said tho. Overall I'm so glad I copped!

Back
Top Bottom