Air Jordan 5 "Oreo"

true..figure i ask it always comes up soon as u submit your order ...someones like oh dont forget to use w/e for 20% off 
laugh.gif

think i still sit this one out unless one those pop up

true..figure i ask it always comes up soon as u submit your order ...someones like oh dont forget to use w/e for 20% off :lol:

I hear you. I did a quick search and got nothing. That said, you can always put an order in then place another and cancel the first on dsg :D

knew u was going to say that lmao

i did a quick research found nothing as well but if they sit there long enough may hit submit 

^^^ I have a DSG like 5 min away so if I either have buyer's remorse or I get a crap pair, its very easy for me to return. I guess its a win/win situation for me.

You can always just submit your order….. and call back on the phone with your Confirmation number and just tell the Customer Service Rep… "Hey, I put the discount coupon code in and it didn't give it to me..Can you still Honor it?"  

I'd say more then 8 outa 10 times that's worked for me……   It's how you ask the Rep and your Tone of Voice… Most People wanna give you a break.

Makes them feel better at the end of the day…. My Thoughts ...

You can always just submit your order….. and call back on the phone with your Confirmation number and just tell the Customer Service Rep… "Hey, I put the discount coupon code in and it didn't give it to me..Can you still Honor it?"  

I'd say more then 8 outa 10 times that's worked for me……   It's how you ask the Rep and your Tone of Voice… Most People wanna give you a break.

Makes them feel better at the end of the day…. My Thoughts ...
This is true...my PS4 messed up and I was very understanding and they ended up going out of their way and against company policy to help me.  You get a lot further treating people with respect than you do barking orders.

^^^ I agree that treating people with respect will go a long ways. That said, I have never heard of anyone being able to apply a promo code post purchase. I have also tried myself and gotten nothing. DSG is one of the few companies that give no leeway with that.

^^^ I agree that treating people with respect will go a long ways. That said, I have never heard of anyone being able to apply a promo code post purchase. I have also tried myself and gotten nothing. DSG is one of the few companies that give no leeway with that.
Your Trippin….. I have almost always called back and switched my order around after it was purchased with alot of sites….

and i'll give you 2 reasons….   #1 My billing address and shipping address aren't the same ….so for it to work on any site.. (FL, Nike, Footlock, etc etc)

I would have to keep the billiing and shipping info the same to place the order.  Now….with that being said..

#2 - Calling them back afterwards - I was always able to CHANGE THE SHIPPING address, Get the Shipping cost Refunded as a Courtesy because Most sites systems won't accept "Diff Billing and Shipping Addresss" on a order with a Card!

I once, against their policy… Finishline.com gave me JORDAN Crimson on Release Day - for $20.00 off with my Rewards card, and the Rep gave me an additional $20.00 off for the order being over $150.00 and Free Shipping ---just cuz I spoke nice to her and KEPT it 100% Cool on the Phone…Real SPIT!

Your Trippin….. I have almost always called back and switched my order around after it was purchased with alot of sites….

and i'll give you 2 reasons….   #1 My billing address and shipping address aren't the same ….so for it to work on any site.. (FL, Nike, Footlock, etc etc)

I would have to keep the billiing and shipping info the same to place the order.  Now….with that being said..

#2 - Calling them back afterwards - I was always able to CHANGE THE SHIPPING address, Get the Shipping cost Refunded as a Courtesy because Most sites systems won't accept "Diff Billing and Shipping Addresss" on a order with a Card!

I once, against their policy… Finishline.com gave me JORDAN Crimson on Release Day - for $20.00 off with my Rewards card, and the Rep gave me an additional $20.00 off for the order being over $150.00 and Free Shipping ---just cuz I spoke nice to her and KEPT it 100% Cool on the Phone…Real SPIT!

how am I tripping? I think you are misreading what I said. all of your examples are companies not named dsg which is what im talking about.

Don't be so sensitive…..I'm just saying.  Nothing is impossible…with a iPhone 

how am I being sensitive? im just speaking from experience and other people's experience while also stating the facts. you read my statement completely wrong then told me im tripping.

what did I do wrong here? how did I come off as having any type of emotion? and lastly.... huh?

Last edited:

true..figure i ask it always comes up soon as u submit your order ...someones like oh dont forget to use w/e for 20% off 
laugh.gif

Yup, that is always the way.  I was trying to find a coupon beforehand as well, but no luck.
^^^ I have a DSG like 5 min away so if I either have buyer's remorse or I get a crap pair, its very easy for me to return. I guess its a win/win situation for me.
Same, I have about 2 in the near vicinity and then another one I pass on the way home.  So if I don't like the fit or has a stain on them then I will return, seeing as I already have a few pairs sitting at the house I doubt the finish will be a problem.

I'm still mad that I paid $240 for these thinking everyone would love this shoe and it would be hard to get because of it's simplicity and ability to go great with basically everything. bigj505 bigj505 , I'm assuming you've been around doing this for a while, is a size 13 an uncommon, readily available shoe on most releases? I don't want to make the same mistake more than once.

I'm still mad that I paid $240 for these thinking everyone would love this shoe and it would be hard to get because of it's simplicity and ability to go great with basically everything. bigj505 bigj505 , I'm assuming you've been around doing this for a while, is a size 13 an uncommon, readily available shoe on most releases? I don't want to make the same mistake more than once.

well......... $240 shipped isn't terrible and you are correct. You paid for the convenience of not having to deal with the hassle for getting the shoes. Honestly, catching shoes on restocks is never 100% and hindsight is 20/20 100% of the time.
that said, a size 13 is definitely not as common as other sizes like a 10.5. I know that size is usually one of the first to go when shoes start selling out.

well......... $240 shipped isn't terrible and you are correct. You paid for the convenience of not having to deal with the hassle for getting the shoes. Honestly, catching shoes on restocks is never 100% and hindsight is 20/20 100% of the time.
that said, a size 13 is definitely not as common as other sizes like a 10.5. I know that size is usually one of the first to go when shoes start selling out.

Well I guess I did pay a convenience factor, and mines came out perfect (shoe and box) especially when seeing a lot of the pictures and hearing what people are saying about what they received. But the thing is, my original plan was to put in about 8 to 10 raffle tickets since I live by two malls that carry a Champs Sports, Finish Line, and Foot Locker. My brother doesn't really like Jordan's or shoes in general like that, and he's always with me so we would have been able to both put in for a size 13 at both Champs and Foot Locker's and only one Finish Line since I guess they some how do the raffle electronically and you get an email saying that you won. If that failed, I would have logged into nike.com, footlocker.com, finishline.com, and champssports.com about 10min before release and try to go in and out since I already have my billing and shipping information saved. Do you think I should stick to those plans from now on? I'm trying to cop the infrared 3lab5's, and it seems like the convenience factor price is too high right now.

Well I guess I did pay a convenience factor, and mines came out perfect (shoe and box) especially when seeing a lot of the pictures and hearing what people are saying about what they received. But the thing is, my original plan was to put in about 8 to 10 raffle tickets since I live by two malls that carry a Champs Sports, Finish Line, and Foot Locker. My brother doesn't really like Jordan's or shoes in general like that, and he's always with me so we would have been able to both put in for a size 13 at both Champs and Foot Locker's and only one Finish Line since I guess they some how do the raffle electronically and you get an email saying that you won. If that failed, I would have logged into nike.com, footlocker.com, finishline.com, and champssports.com about 10min before release and try to go in and out since I already have my billing and shipping information saved. Do you think I should stick to those plans from now on? I'm trying to cop the infrared 3lab5's, and it seems like the convenience factor price is too high right now.

For me, I personally hate paying retail the way it is so I swipe my card with the stink face on pretty regularly now. If I miss out on a release then im cool with that. ive had enough gems come through my house to be over the whole wow factor for shoes these days.

As far as what you should do:
I think if you say $240 is too much to pay on the regular then don't pay it. Just be willing to accept defeat if/when you miss out.
The hassle.... Shoes cost me $180 after tax. If I get from finishline then its $188 shipped. you paid an extra $52.00. If its not inconvenient for you to do the raffles then by all means go for it. I personally don't live close enough to malls to want to drive through rush hour after work for a "chance" to get shoes. Too tired/lazy at the end of my day. I just want to eat, spend time with my family, ban on people on NT ( :smile: ), then play video games.
You can also mix it up. Only pay the convenience fee for high priority releases. The ones you are iffy on just try your luck.

Hopefully this was helpful

I'm still mad that I paid $240 for these thinking everyone would love this shoe and it would be hard to get because of it's simplicity and ability to go great with basically everything. @bigj505, I'm assuming you've been around doing this for a while, is a size 13 an uncommon, readily available shoe on most releases? I don't want to make the same mistake more than once.
Not that it is any consolation, but some people paid even more than that for the shoes.  You and I will be ready for every Black Friday release after this we want.  My wife paid to get her's early, and was kind of bummed at how easy they were to get on Black Friday.

Hmmm for the 3lab5's you might want to call in any favor you can get on those.  I am debating buying those early as well, only saving grace is that I am off the week leading up to them.  Meaning if anyone is doing a guaranteed ticket I should be on hand for them.  I also have access to about 3/4 malls with a FL, Champs, FA.  If I don't get them then, I must not be destined to have them for retail then.  Keep in mind the original 3lab's have dropped a tad in price, causing them to be less than the preorder for the new 3lab5's.  If that makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom