Air Jordan 5 OG “Black Metallic” Reimagined 2025 !

Did some toe box reshaping on my right AMM 5’s. Night and day difference as you guys can see. I’m getting pretty good at it. Shoe form in as well.

Attachments

• IMG_7454.jpeg
    IMG_7454.jpeg
    319.4 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_7459.jpeg
    IMG_7459.jpeg
    536 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_7457.jpeg
    IMG_7457.jpeg
    560.4 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_7458.jpeg
    IMG_7458.jpeg
    557 KB · Views: 513
I’m not ruling these out until at the very least we get a good in hand review…. Even then, if I can snag in store, or an online spot with hassle free returns, I’ll grab a pair… if they’re less than satisfactory, they’ll go back. Being these are one of my all time favs, I have to give them some type of chance.

This.

I'll be disappointed if the real pairs are nubuck. That ankle collar is a bit more puffy than I'd like too.

Not sure if I'd be disappointed enough to skip yet, but in a year with a release schedule like 2025's is reported to be; it's a toss up.

I hope most people hate them so A) they are easy to get for people who like them, and B) so JB realizes it’s just doing stupid unnecessary things with all this.
JB don’t care bro. They’ve done way more stupid and unnecessary things over the years. This is the same company that has 3 different molds for AJ1’s and 2 or 3 molds for the AJ1 low. The madness will never end.

Any info on how you pulled this off?
You want to use a moist towel on the toe box, then you want to use the iron. Also put a shoe form or a sock in your shoe so it has something to support the toe box. Make sure you’re pressing around the toe box in an upward motion. Also keep your towel stays moist and that you’re not holding down the iron too long in one spot or you will burn your shoe. (I’ve done it before when I was learning)

Last edited:
I reshaped my cousins 2019 bred 4’s as well. This how it turned out. Compared to the original. Take your time and be light handed. The good thing is that it’s a permanent change

Attachments

• IMG_7447.jpeg
    IMG_7447.jpeg
    219.2 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_7449.jpeg
    IMG_7449.jpeg
    143.1 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_7450.jpeg
    IMG_7450.jpeg
    212.2 KB · Views: 829
  • IMG_7451.jpeg
    IMG_7451.jpeg
    201.8 KB · Views: 1,227
Moist towel, an iron, and smooth & gentle hands is one way.

There's videos out there and somewhere here on NT.

You want to use a moist towel on the toe box, then you want to use the iron. Also put a shoe form or a sock in your shoe so it has something to support the toe box. Make sure you’re pressing around the toe box in an upward motion. Also keep your towel stays moist and that you’re not holding down the iron too long in one spot or you will burn your shoe. (I’ve done it before when I was learning)

I have found that folding a wet white t shirt in half and placing it over the toe box--while also wetting the toe box itself using a spray bottle--and ironing over the shirt on top of the toes works best.

Back
Top Bottom