Air Jordan 5 "Grape" MAY 4th, 2013 - $160

Status
Not open for further replies.
For anyone who has merchandise return cards i.e. store credit within the Foot Locker Inc. based companies i.e. Foot Locker, Footaction and Champs, has anyone else been told they can't use it to purchase these shoes since its an anticipated release date product?

I called around, most stores within my radius won't allow you to purchase these with store credit if you have it since they deem or view it as making an exchange for them, but instead of physically bringing in merchandise to exchange for them on release day, you basically brought in merchandise at a previous time and got credit for it on a plastic card. So they basically see it as making an exchange for the shoes on release day when you use the store credit to purchase. I already know they have a strict no exchange policy on release date products on the first 2 weeks of release date. I guess they view the store credit as circumventing the policy since you brought goods in earlier to load onto a card to use it at a later date.

Some spots I called will accept it since its considered a form of legitimate payment. But those spots are out of my vicinity somewhat and I don't want to burn gas to go through a raffle, then having to come back to purchase them on Saturday should I get called.

I'll only try to get these if I can use my store credit since I already have it from previous returns I made. Does anyone think Foot Locker Inc. sounds contradictory by restricting customers from using store credit to purchase release date products? Where does it say on the cards that you can't purchase those types of products? NOWHERE. I don't find it fair I can't use my cards to buy these when the cards even state treat them like cash because they cannot be replaced. Isn't store credit like cash, but obviously relegated for use at the specified company?

Sorry for the long winded post. Can anyone offer any opinion and advise on this? Do y'all think I can try to speak to the district manager in charge of the stores in my vicinity regarding this and tell him what I posted to y'all to persuade him? I actually have a Foot Locker Inc. regional office number that houses all the DMs. I was thinking about calling in today to get connected to the one local to me. I was thinking I can persuade him about customer service concerns regarding being able to use my credits to buy these. Do y'all think its an issue a DM will try to accommodate?

I'll only try to get these sneaks if I can burn my credit on this because I just don't have $160 plus tax straight cash homie to waste on these. I feel like its going backwards if I pay for them when I already have enough store credit stocked up like that.
berneydidnotread.gif

Fools actually camping for these 
laugh.gif

225748_543180209058189_1993839393_n.jpg
Yall have to understand, even tho NT is growing, you would be shocked to see how many people just go on 23isback.com and see the date and run to camp out, without knowing release numbers or anything.... I kind of feel sorry for them...

No one does their research and are willing to skip school(work) for sneakers, not too smart.

who says they go to school or have jobs?

i showed up early in the day & camped at the outlet for the banned 1 in 2011 while lots of cats on here complained
because they're job is so crappy that they couldn't get a paid day off on the fly to go do the same - and somehow rationalized
it to be about opportunity cost

(yes i realize tickets made camping for this grape release less imperative)

Can everyone please educate me on the process since I've been out of the retro Jordan loop for awhile now? I haven't gotten Jordans since 2008 due to declines in quality and rehashed details with higher price points. But I'm on the fence about these since I have a Mitchell & Ness 1990s Hornets jacket along with a couple of New Era fitted Hornets hats and its virtually impossible to find sneaks that match Hornets gear.

I just got burnt out by the hassles of getting Jordans along with having to live with their beyond subpar quality. Its just worth camping out or waiting for me, like some peeps with common sense in here said, its time you can't get back when you could be doing something productive or profitable.

Regarding raffles, in order to increase your odds of winning, do you have to hit multiple spots what will be getting them to get a ticket? Is it worth the work and drive of having to obtain tickets to try to ensure you have a better chance of winning a raffle based on number of tickets in your possession?
Getting more raffle tickets definitely will increase your chances of getting the shoes. For this release, you shouldn't have to go through too much trouble. Hit up one or two malls closest to you and see how the shoe stores there are doing it. Definitely grab a ticket at each store you can. The quality these days is definitely not worth the camping out so raffles are pretty convenient since you can pick up any time between 10-6 if you win. For this release, guaranteed pair tickets have been given out so if you get those, you're good. These also shouldn't be too hard to cop online since. For other releases though, you should put in more effort since they won't be produced like this one.
Thanks a lot for the feedback player! I agree with you about camping out, there are better things to do with your life than to wait for days like that to pay full price for a pair of shoes, real talk.

Yall have to understand, even tho NT is growing, you would be shocked to see how many people just go on 23isback.com and see the date and run to camp out, without knowing release numbers or anything.... I kind of feel sorry for them...

A lot of people don't like to call, research, or even walk into a store to ask questions. Even people on NT ask questions that are easily obtainable with some of their own work.

For anyone who has merchandise return cards i.e. store credit within the Foot Locker Inc. based companies i.e. Foot Locker, Footaction and Champs, has anyone else been told they can't use it to purchase these shoes since its an anticipated release date product?

I called around, most stores within my radius won't allow you to purchase these with store credit if you have it since they deem or view it as making an exchange for them, but instead of physically bringing in merchandise to exchange for them on release day, you basically brought in merchandise at a previous time and got credit for it on a plastic card. So they basically see it as making an exchange for the shoes on release day when you use the store credit to purchase. I already know they have a strict no exchange policy on release date products on the first 2 weeks of release date. I guess they view the store credit as circumventing the policy since you brought goods in earlier to load onto a card to use it at a later date.

Some spots I called will accept it since its considered a form of legitimate payment. But those spots are out of my vicinity somewhat and I don't want to burn gas to go through a raffle, then having to come back to purchase them on Saturday should I get called.

I'll only try to get these if I can use my store credit since I already have it from previous returns I made. Does anyone think Foot Locker Inc. sounds contradictory by restricting customers from using store credit to purchase release date products? Where does it say on the cards that you can't purchase those types of products? NOWHERE. I don't find it fair I can't use my cards to buy these when the cards even state treat them like cash because they cannot be replaced. Isn't store credit like cash, but obviously relegated for use at the specified company?

Sorry for the long winded post. Can anyone offer any opinion and advise on this? Do y'all think I can try to speak to the district manager in charge of the stores in my vicinity regarding this and tell him what I posted to y'all to persuade him? I actually have a Foot Locker Inc. regional office number that houses all the DMs. I was thinking about calling in today to get connected to the one local to me. I was thinking I can persuade him about customer service concerns regarding being able to use my credits to buy these. Do y'all think its an issue a DM will try to accommodate?

I'll only try to get these sneaks if I can burn my credit on this because I just don't have $160 plus tax straight cash homie to waste on these. I feel like its going backwards if I pay for them when I already have enough store credit stocked up like that.
berneydidnotread.gif
Wow, really, well don't you feel special? You want a cookie? I guess that makes you feel like a greater comedian than Richard Pryor now.

You should be able to use your store credit for the purchase. 

They should take it at any foot locker. That is considered unearned revenue and until you redeem item(s) or it expires, you should be able to use it. Give them a call.

You should be able to use your store credit for the purchase. 
Thanks for your feedback. I was told no at all spots within my vicinity, and I actually know and deal directly with those managers. Since they told me no, do you think speaking directly with a DM about my concern will work since they're definitely above the store managers by default. Oh yeah, they even told me their DM told them they can't accept store credit for these. Foot Locker Inc. is crappy I tell you.

They should take it at any foot locker. That is considered unearned revenue and until you redeem item(s) or it expires, you should be able to use it. Give them a call.
Thanks for your feedback. Give who a call, the respective DM of my vicinity?

And its a very intelligent adjective on your end with the unearned revenue reference. And to clarify, gift cards and store credits don't expire anymore, there was a law that was enacted during the middle of last decade that its illegal to deduct denominations for inactivity.

The thing is NO ONE on NT knows release numbers it's all speculation and assumptions. Just because certain stores have more than usual doesn't mean anything. Most stores around me have less. This release is no different than any other hyped GR. People screaming "mass produced" and really have no clue what they're talking about.

Thanks for your feedback. Give who a call, the respective DM of my vicinity?

And its a very intelligent adjective on your end with the unearned revenue reference. And to clarify, gift cards and store credits don't expire anymore, there was a law that was enacted during the middle of last decade that its illegal to deduct denominations for inactivity.

That is great it does not expire. I would call the DM with the concerns and tell them, you have been a customer for years and at the moment you don't have the funds to purchase the item, but you have store credit.

lol only logical reason for camping this early would be if they were handing out guaranteed tickets in the morning or something this will be an easy release as all the IG kids will be trying to cop lebrons no need to be camping out 3 days early for these lol

on a side note my homie started trolling people on CL selling "DS" grapes and then sending them pictures of grapes in a jordan box
roll.gif

@capo1119

I was told by the managers that its a problem in Foot Locker Inc. companies with store credit because they feel customers are trying to beat the system by returning unwanted goods to save up for hot merchandise. That's why they deem merchandise return cards being used for hot releases a taboo. The companies want to profit I guess, that's why they implement a strictly purchase with cash, check or credit card only for release date products. 

They feel the merchandise return card used for purchase of release date product is basically an exchange being done on release day, but just a card form is being used to acquire the product instead of goods being brought in to make an exchange.

But I feel its contradictory especially based on your unearned revenue reference.

just called hoh serramonte nobodys in line for grapes (raffle tix procedure should b starting now). i feel like i way overprepared for this launch. looks like ill have a great chance at multiple pairs too, 

HOW MANY PAIRS DO YOU ALL PLAN ON COPPING? just curious... I plan on getting at least two poss. three. NOT TALKING ABOUT SELLING EITHER, I MEAN PERSONAL PAIRS.

@capo1119

I was told by the managers that its a problem in Foot Locker Inc. companies with store credit because they feel customers are trying to beat the system by returning unwanted goods to save up for hot merchandise. That's why they deem merchandise return cards being used for hot releases a taboo. The companies want to profit I guess, that's why they implement a strictly purchase with cash, check or credit card only for release date products. 

They feel the merchandise return card used for purchase of release date product is basically an exchange being done on release day, but just a card form is being used to acquire the product instead of goods being brought in to make an exchange.

But I feel its contradictory especially based on your unearned revenue reference.
That is absolutely ******ed. They have the money so whats the problem? Do they think people purposely go in their buy something and return it just to get a store credit? If people actually do this then they need to be checked into a mental facility. Your basically letting footlocker hold on to your money when you could have been making money off of it. Even sitting in a low interest savings account is better than letting FL hold your cash because you think its a savings plan. Please tell me this isnt true

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom