Air Jordan 5 "Grape" MAY 4th, 2013 - $160

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thirst is real here in Tacoma. Been standing in line since 7 am for reserved pair through footlocker. There's about 50-60 people behind me

shoe games all messed up..

i remember picking up  OG black/red 13s in middle school...i had my xmas money saved up...but wasnt enough so i had to bust my *** for 3 weeks saving up lunch $ and random chore $..3 weeks after release, i was still able to walk into footlocker and scoop up a pair...miss those days. 

shoe games all messed up..

i remember picking up  OG black/red 13s in middle school...i had my xmas money saved up...but wasnt enough so i had to bust my *** for 3 weeks saving up lunch $ and random chore $..3 weeks after release, i was still able to walk into footlocker and scoop up a pair...miss those days. 

Definitely the good ol days bro. Working your *** off as a kid for one pair of kicks! Best feeling in the world and running them into the ground! haha.

Last edited:

Fox Hills Mall is one of the worst, best and Fox Hills Mall should never be used in the same sentence. Ironically, its in a decent area, but when you go inside, its a whole different world. Its like going through a warp zone, coming from a decent area on the outside, then going indoors to a ghetto. Oh don't worry, you'll get your fill of Trukfit gear in ghetto Fox Hills Mall, my guys in the Footaction there do have a vast selection of Trukfit stuff visibly displayed for sale.They told me they slang the hell out of it too.

I really don't consider Beverly Center one of the best, its overrated, over hyped, its only a name. Its too bougie for me. I only go there to deal with peeps I have to deal with. 

Northridge isn't worth the trip, like I said, its further out, nothing to really see because its an atypical mall really.

That Little Mexico mall, Panorama is a joke, its only a hallway as one member described, the lunch area is teeny as well, don't waste time there. If you really want to see a Little Mexico type area, you won't have to venture afar, they practically have one in every city, even your town perhaps, especially a big metropolitan city. Its practically common knowledge that Latinos/Hispanics are much higher in population/demographic numbers everywhere in USA.
How you from L.A. and being the falsest1 with the replies?

Fox Hills is FARRRR from how ghetto you're painting it.

Baldwin Hills isn't in a secluded area either. It's off 2 of thee most famous streets in L.A., Chrenshaw and MLK.

Ignore everything he said: If you out of towner NTers come to L.A. here is the breakdown

Fox Hills (Target, Bestbuy, and regular mall shops) a sushi spot that turns into a club at night on weekends also have Lucilles, BJs and Olive Garden Great looking women who CAN be ghetto)

Beverly Hills (HOH, and higher end shops. the "be seen" mall) CPK, Chipotle, Grand Luxe Cafe -the women are bougie but oh so fine.

Baldwin Hills (If you need something from Walmart and want to get a girl same day pregnant)- Women range from fine *** ratchets to straight out ratchets)

Valley visiting? Topanga

SouthBay visiting? Southbay and Del Amo. Both have theaters and plenty of food options.

If you want to see Mexican and Latina women primarily go to the Citadel in commerce or the Montebello Mall

If you find yourself further south east in the downey area...go to Lakewood

If you're into Philipinas and other Asiatic females go to Cerritos Mall.

If you're into the Middle Eastern delights you go to Glendale Galleria/Americana and Burbank.

i remember i went to that walmart to pick up something....i stuck out like a sore thumb being the only asian in there. 

Baldwin Hills isn't in a secluded area either. It's off 2 of thee most famous streets in L.A., Chrenshaw and MLK.

Ignore everything he said: If you out of towner NTers come to L.A. here is the breakdown

Fox Hills (Target, Bestbuy, and regular mall shops) a sushi spot that turns into a club at night on weekends also have Lucilles, BJs and Olive Garden Great looking women who CAN be ghetto)

Beverly Hills (HOH, and higher end shops. the "be seen" mall) CPK, Chipotle, Grand Luxe Cafe -the women are bougie but oh so fine.

Baldwin Hills (If you need something from Walmart and want to get a girl same day pregnant)- Women range from fine *** ratchets to straight out ratchets)

Valley visiting? Topanga

SouthBay visiting? Southbay and Del Amo. Both have theaters and plenty of food options.

If you want to see Mexican and Latina women primarily go to the Citadel in commerce or the Montebello Mall

If you're into the Middle Eastern delights you go to Glendale Galleria/Americana and Burbank.

Speaking of south-lake mall in ATL. Glad I'm going to avoid that mess kids out there camping starting at 10 pm. Then in the am the rich kids from henry county come and brake line dap up the kids that been there all night and walk out with pairs before the campers. I mean what kinda ish move is that. Our youth is FAILING HARD SON. Idk im from the city u can be a millionaire or bum take yo self to the back. Glad i was there to pick up my secured pair at that release or i would have been pissed B
I moved here from NC last June, and I haven't even attempted to tackle the lines/camping here in ATL. I've been getting everything online. That new Nike store at Lenox helped a lot b/c the RSVPs there are pretty easy to obtain.

Ghetto @ss chicks are not sexy period, real talk. There's no such thing as better looking than the other, they're all one in the same, let's be realistic.

The malls in the L.A. area you can see or run into stars are Fox Hills Mall and Beverly Center. They go there the most. Fox Hills since its literally down the street from LAX, and Beverly Center since its near Hollywood and Beverly Hills with nearby hotels or industries relevant things.

You can see rappers or stars in random malls in various areas as well. I heard some stars go to malls in the Valley part of L.A., but I'm hardly in that area since its out of my radius. I heard most of them go to Topanga Mall in Canoga Park from various mall employees there. Topanga Mall is the best mall in the Valley, its upper middle class to white collar, its the marquee mall out there. It caters to young bucks and old folks. Check that mall out if you're in L.A.

I actually met Terrell Owens the day after Christmas last year at Sherman Oaks Fashion Square. Its a slow, smaller mall though. That's the only time I ran into a star whenever I was in the Valley. Its a nice upper middle class to white collar mall, but the selections don't cater to a younger demographic like Topanga Mall does. Its more for older folks.

I've never seen anyone in Northridge Mall, then again its further out so I would understand no one wanting to go out there. Its a decent, middle class mall. Its north of Topanga Mall. Its definitely a young peoples mall.

I would say Panorama Mall is the most ghetto mall in the Valley, you wouldn't be missing anything by not going there. Its so small, your trek in there is complete within much less than 10 minutes. Its in the middle of a predominantly Latino/Hispanic area of the Valley. Its like a Little Mexico in that mall. But the Foot Locker manager who just got transferred there recently is cool because I've dealt with him at a different mall over a year ago.

Sherman Oaks Galleria off the 405 and 101 interchange is not even a mall, don't peep that, its all business spaces and restaurants, a movie theater. There's not any real retail there. I heard it used to be such an awesome, bomb @ss mall during the 80s, peeps from L.A. used to go out there on weekends. But I was way too young during that period to even know. You could see the old indoor version of that mall in old, classic movies like Fast Times At Ridgemont High, Commando, Terminator 2, and other movies filmed there as well. It opened in the very early 80s and was cool throughout that decade. Its decline began in the early 90s. The 1994 Northridge earthquake was the catalyst for its decline. When it reopened later that year, stores started departing. By 1999, it closed officially and reconstruction began. It reopened as the current outdoor incarnation minus retail spots in very early 2002. I wish it was still indoors with the retail, but times and managements change.

The Valley is considered a part of Los Angeles city.

Crenshaw Mall is ghetto, you're not missing anything by not going there. I doubt anyone famous will go there. Its also in a somewhat quieter, secluded area not accessible like that.

Westside Pavilion is more for white collar type of clientele. Nothing for young peeps in that mall. But I actually met Dr. Dre there back in summer 1999.

Century City Mall, same as Westside Pavilion, but its even much more white collar.

To the south of L.A. city is South Bay Galleria in Redondo Beach. Its not that cool, its overrun by kids on weekends because there is a movie theater there and many different bus lines that pass through a terminal there. Since kids can't drive, either they're not old enough, their parents can't afford to buy a car for them or the parents are smart to not buy a car for them to wreck, they can only rely on the bus for transportation. That's why many kids from different areas frequent that mall. But its in a nice area, near many beaches.

Further south down the street is Del Amo Mall. That used to be the bomb @ss mall in the 90s. Peeps from L.A. used to go there on weekends because we were burnt out by ghetto @ss Fox Hills Mall. It used to be worth the drive, the mall was practically full occupancy with stores. It was crowded on weekends. Matter of fact, Jackie Brown was filmed there. But its decline began immediately after 1999. It got a little ghetto now. There's many vacancies and really not crowded despite the fact its one of the biggest malls in America. You wouldn't be missing anything there.

The Game frequents Fox Hills Mall, I've seen him a few times since late 2003. I've seen many recognizable peeps in that mall, I done lost track.The coolest rapper I ever met in my life was Method Man back on March 20, 2001. He was really cool.

Many famous people frequent Beverly Center. I've seen a few myself. Parking there is a b!tch. I just park on the streets and walk in to save money.
Keeping the trend alive....
I SECOND THAT!
laugh.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I moved here from NC last June, and I haven't even attempted to tackle the lines/camping here in ATL. I've been getting everything online. That new Nike store at Lenox helped a lot b/c the RSVPs there are pretty easy to obtain.

While some of the camp outs like the 1 i went to get the all star pack was pretty tame. Actually cool cause we was all in agreement to just line our cars up and just chill in cars. Others from what fam has told me is getting out of hand. With dudes rolling up at 7:30. Hopping out saying they been in the car all night. Im from NY and while some ATL cats claim they hard have been know to watch children brake line. SHM i been hitting the RSVP hard lately and been pretty successful on getting what i want. Like i recommend to another ATL head before hit some raffles up if u are on the top end or willing to drive to the ken Marietta area. Pm if u want details.

Last edited:
While some of the camp outs like the 1 i went to get the all star pack was pretty tame. Actually cool cause we was all in agreement to just line our cars up and just chill in cars. Others from what fam has told me is getting out of hand. With dudes rolling up at 7:30. Hopping out saying they been in the car all night. Im from NY and while some ATL cats claim they hard have been know to watch children brake line. SHM i been hitting the RSVP hard lately and been pretty successful on getting what i want. Like i recommend to another ATL head before hit some raffles up if u are on the top end or willing to drive to the ken Marietta area. Pm if u want details.
I appreciate it. I'll be out of town this weekend..so I have a some people that will pick em up if I win the RSVP..otherwise I'll be getting them online. I'm following you, so I'll keep in touch.

I remember getting my jordan fire red V's from JCP when I was only 7 back in 1990. lol, JCP even carried other shoes up till about the late 90's. Got my Penny 2's, Pippens there etc. JCP use to be the undercover spot

my cousin had a pair of 6s bred colorway jesus....he got robbed we went right back to JCP and got another pair for him after tax they were like 130 I think...they sat in a glass case...Jordan revolutionized the sneaker game

Dillard's carried certain CWs of Jordans back in the day. They definitely had the Grapes in 1990. For some reason that really sticks out in my mind. I don't remember too much of what else other stores had. JCP might have had some stuff, don't think Sears had anything. What else did we have... Montgomery Ward? Don't even remember.

But yeah, bottom line was that they were readily available. When I'd get a new pair for Christmas or whatever, my parents didn't have to go camp out or win a raffle. 
happy.gif
robinson's may, before they were bought out, was my lowpro spot 

Called up Town Center and Marietta Trade Center like you said. Heading there when I get off work to get raffles from the places you mentioned. Thanks for the information I really appreciate it.

I went into FA today to inquire about the black toe 1s, and saw OD people sitting in lawn chairs.

smh

Btw about Euro to Us prices.. Us retail is 160 USD and retail in Europe is 160 Euro. So I know most of You thinks Euro Shops Rapes but not they are not. NIKE EU rapes:smile:.

Valley visiting? Topanga

To be honest, I don't go to malls to hang out in them like you obviously do. I guess I'm too old, somewhat focused to go to them like they're a social spot. I just go to them to get what I need, and to deal with peeps to make money, not paying no mind to or focusing on other people.

I find it funny and pathetic when I see grown men who obviously live with their parents and drive crappy cars play dress up, wearing latest Jordans and whatnot go to the malls and try to randomly pick up chicks and try to "be seen". I'm just there to get my money or my things. But those bootleg baller guys can feel free to make as many pathetic attempts to try to look cool and "be seen", fine with me. Not saying you do since I really don't know you, but if you do that's fine, its your choice like how some people choose to be gay.

People in Fox Hills Mall are so broke, its sad that even mall employees cannot afford to buy bootleg CDs and DVDs off sellers.

Since you're incredibly knowledgeable, I see you forgot to mention Stonewood Mall in Downey is like a Little Mexico inside as well.

Montebello Mall also has lots of Asians in there since its located near some high number Asians areas. The mall is basically 50% Latino/Hispanic, 45% Asian, and 5% others i.e. blacks, whites, Middle Eastern, any other ethnic group not mentioned. 

Del Amo Mall fell off bad. It was the place only in the 90s. Its a ghost small scale ghost town on weekends now.

I guess you don't know about Glendale, its significantly Armenian so they're deep out there and in Glendale Galleria.

I remember getting my jordan fire red V's from JCP when I was only 7 back in 1990. lol, JCP even carried other shoes up till about the late 90's. Got my Penny 2's, Pippens there etc. JCP use to be the undercover spot
Nordstroms around here gets 2 or 3 releases a year.... They had Bred 11's..... I dont think anyone here knows that at all... Thats my secret spot I hit up every now and then...

Last edited:
Btw about Euro to Us prices.. Us retail is 160 USD and retail in Europe is 160 Euro. So I know most of You thinks Euro Shops Rapes but not they are not. NIKE EU rapes:smile:.

You are not factoring the Euro to USD exchange rate(which is always changing). Plus shipping isn't cheap to another country. I'm not saying Euro shops are "rape" tho.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom