Air Jordan 5 "Grape" MAY 4th, 2013 - $160

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any way to prevent yellowing on these?
The best way to prevent yellowing is to not wear them and keep them stored in a way that oxygen can't get to it. Soles turn yellow when exposed to oxygen because of oxidation. If you're gonna wear them, which is what shoes are meant for, then they're gonna yellow no matter what. you can keep the yellowing to a minimum by avoiding stepping in water, grass, and dirt. Also, take the paper out of the box. The paper is acidic and it contains a dye that turns the soles yellow. Finally, throw a couple small packs of silica gel in the box.

hope this helps!

the only way to prevent yellowing is to send your shoes somewhere where oxygen doesn't exist... either accept the yellowing or don't buy clear soled shoes imo.

I've been my metallics from time to time and the sole still looks blue. No ziplock bags, just store them in the box.

thanks for the definitions ↑ , I'm getting hopefully like 12 different raffle tickets for these , really don't like the black ones, I don't think they will look good on foot

one more random *** question: if I bring someone that doesn't have a license can they show champs a highschool id for a raffle ticket?

one more random *** question: if I bring someone that doesn't have a license can they show champs a highschool id for a raffle ticket?

Highschool ID works. Brought my nephew to get me a raffle ticket once at FL/Champs and he won both. He just used his highschool ID and it was fine.

Got mine today, fit like fire reds. Went a .5 down

Last edited:
After seeing the OGs they werent as nice as the current ones. Getting my summit lake 9s ready to wear to the release lol.

Are they the same leather as the 2013 fire red 5's? even with sneakershields my fire red 5s stil managed to crease real ugly, the leather just seems a bit crap on them to me. I'll try go down 0.5 as well see if that makes any dif

Are they the same leather as the 2013 fire red 5's? even with sneakershields my fire red 5s stil managed to crease real ugly, the leather just seems a bit crap on them to me. I'll try go down 0.5 as well see if that makes any dif
Unfortunatley all jordan 5s except mettallics and all quai n family have that leather. My fire reds and OG Laney Vs creased with solecollecter premium crease resist. Size 8.5 by the way.

Last edited:
Unfortunatley all jordan 5s except mettallics and all quai n family have that leather. My fire reds and OG Laney Vs creased with solecollecter premium crease resist. Size 8.5 by the way.

You just mentioned them :x , leave now and don't come back.

Very serious.

Banhammer.

They did change the sole. They used a blue-tinted sole for these. Personally, I don't like it. The black to purple to blue looks a little off. 
You're right, I didn't even notice since mine are yellow as **** lol. The blue translucent sole doesn't look bad imo.

I think that may just be a bad pick of them ↑ ... anyone know if retro 5s run a lil big? I'm 17 and most locations I called JB didn't send them 14s , I reallyyyy don't wanna get 13s and grow out , but my foot has not grown too muchd through. HS

Last edited:
I think that may just be a bad pick of them ↑ ... anyone know if retro 5s run a lil big? I'm 17 and most locations I called JB didn't send them 14s , I reallyyyy don't wanna get 13s and grow out , but my foot has not grown too muchd through. HS

Buy them online and wear .5 from your regular size

My foot didn't really grow in high school and now I'm a 9/9.5 and always wear a 9.5 just in case.

You can always wear thicker socks, you rather wear thicker socks then hurt your feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom