Air Jordan 39 (XXXIX) (July 23, 2024 Release date)

What's a Nike wall? Is that at an outlet?

At nike stores there's a wall of random shoes set up by size. It's usually from overstock and returns and not always a discounted price either, and they usually have the top cut off the shoe box.

As for Paolo, I think he's underrated only because the Magic get no TNT or ESPN run, but I think with the new streaming options people will see people like him (and my boy Cade Cunningham) and recognize their talent.

Cool to see the 39 actually get colorways, I thought it was only gonna be black and white based shoes the whole run 🤷🏾‍♂️😂

1724202755764.jpg

Me gusta. As much as I like this model one thing I wish was different was that the tongue would be more sleek. That's the main thing that stops this model from being able to pass for a lifestyle shoe. As someone who doesn't hoop anymore I wouldn't mind a shoe that looks good casually while still having some of the best sneaker tech available. In my opinion this sneaker almost struck a perfect balance between lifestyle and performance. I think the bulky tongue makes it clear this a performance shoe. That AMA color way with a better tongue would have been a goat Late Summer/Early Fall shoe

Already having them and loving the fit and finish of the shoe,.... Must say the more you wear them in, the better they feel, especially on the court! But now that we are closing in on the end of this yearz wondering what Jordan Brand has in store for the Air Jordan XL(40),.... Since the 10 was such a drastic departure from other Jordan's,.... And a blank shoe, I'm wondering how much of the original will go into it,.... I mean the all around story on the 10 was the shoe sole, with all the accomplishments, and now you can print that on the bottom of the full length Zoom Air bag.... I'm wondering just how much of the influence will Michael Jordan get in this shoe, because this shoe would definitely be likely to be even more ultra-luxury and premium,.... Before Nike did away with the E.A.R.L Adapt system, I would have loved to see it on the XL(40), since the shoe is just really blank on the top?!? I'll likely start the forum page sometime this week for that shoe, but I will say if you don't have the 39, go try them out?!!

The 30 may not be everyones favorite, however design wise I feel they’re great. I personally would’ve reduced the size of the Jumpman on the toebox drastically to a similar size/placement as the the Jumpman on the toebox of the XIVs. Would’ve gone with a different woven pattern/material on the upper as well. I think the 39 is subtle, and has pretty decent materials (from what’s been discussed) and works because of that, the 40 should follow that.

Already having them and loving the fit and finish of the shoe,.... Must say the more you wear them in, the better they feel, especially on the court! But now that we are closing in on the end of this yearz wondering what Jordan Brand has in store for the Air Jordan XL(40),.... Since the 10 was such a drastic departure from other Jordan's,.... And a blank shoe, I'm wondering how much of the original will go into it,.... I mean the all around story on the 10 was the shoe sole, with all the accomplishments, and now you can print that on the bottom of the full length Zoom Air bag.... I'm wondering just how much of the influence will Michael Jordan get in this shoe, because this shoe would definitely be likely to be even more ultra-luxury and premium,.... Before Nike did away with the E.A.R.L Adapt system, I would have loved to see it on the XL(40), since the shoe is just really blank on the top?!? I'll likely start the forum page sometime this week for that shoe, but I will say if you don't have the 39, go try them out?!!
I sure hope the 39’s does improve after each wear because so far the zoom x foam feels mushy without a midfoot plate.

Looks wise? FOH :rofl:
Yeah for him and his list. I’m not gonna bash another persons list even if there are some hot takes lol. I can see why GOAT969798 has the 39 right behind the X though, albeit being 4 pieces of leather, a midsole and an outsole no one will ever even see. I think the design cues of the 39 are more inspired than on the X. Also, to me, the X is a less refined version of the XI. Especially the X with the toe piece.

Last edited:
Looks wise? FOH :rofl:
Best of the 30s. 31&32 low can be in the conversation. Can't think of anything out of the 20s besides the 23. They're better than the 6 better than 7 better than 8 maybe better than 9. Then we get into the weeds. Are they better than the 12,13,&14. I didn't say that. They only have to make top 10. The real issue is are they better than 16&17 lows. So maybe they sniff the top 10. Now I'm going to drop the mic. They look better than the 11. Ohhhhhhh!

Back
Top Bottom