Air Jordan 39 (XXXIX) (July 23, 2024 Release date)

Talked to a guy who wore the black pair this morning with an orthotic, said it makes the shoe a better fit with the orthotic and mentioned it played better. His concern is the life of the Zoom X foam. He mentioned the Kobe 4, 8 and 9, that when the foam (lunar) went, the shoe never was the same. How long are folks giving Zoom X before it begins to go, if you hoop in them several days a week indoor? Seems like the video above mentioned it bottoming out several times.

Spoke with another guy that I hoop with, and he had the all-white pair with no orthotic and said after two sessions he's done with them. Too much instability and never could get a good fit around the ankle. Said he's going to load up on 38 lows before they dry up in the retail sector completely.

I’m confused, foot doc kept reiterating “fake synthetic pleather” during that video. I thought the uppers were genuine cow??? They look super buttery and genuine, but he did cut the damn thing in half, after all. What gives?

Rose Anvil are better at talking about materials. He doesn't seem to get that the coating is what rubbed and that doesn't necessarily mean it's cheap.

Interesting analysis.

2 thoughts come to mind after watching it:

1) in terms of lateral rigidity/containment and shoe stability, I don't get why they went from one extreme with the 38 to another with the 39???

2) as for the underfoot part with zoom x, like everyone is saying, why no shank plate !?! Even though it's not full length if I remember correctly, just an idea here...not saying it's gonna solve everything, but anybody thought about trying to fit in your AJ 18 CF insoles to see how it feels?
What are the AJ 18 CF insoles and what do they look like?
* Never mind I found it

Screenshot_20240802-183615_X.jpg

I
I’m confused, foot doc kept reiterating “fake synthetic pleather” during that video. I thought the uppers were genuine cow??? They look super buttery and genuine, but he did cut the damn thing in half, after all. What gives?
I think Dr. Zach was mistaken. It's genuine leather. You can tell by examining the raw back on the lace tab on the vamp. If its fake its fabric backed, but there are raw fibers. Smells like leather too.

Anyone notice these actual feel like an updated Jordan 3 white cements? The overall silhouette and cut is similar. The mostly white upper with the minimal black hit on the side and back. The red Jumpman on a big tounge. The same arc shape on the back. The ventilation dots on the vamp. The reinforcement on 3 eyelets. The “Paint wear pattern” feels like zoomed in elephant print. I can’t unsee it now.

I’m starting to really love these. They’re so comfy I kind of see them as a casual shoe first that you can ball in rather than a balling shoe that you can wear casual if that makes sense.

Attachments

• IMG_3749.jpeg
    IMG_3749.jpeg
    437.2 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_3752.jpeg
    IMG_3752.jpeg
    377.4 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_3754.jpeg
    IMG_3754.jpeg
    368.1 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_3753.jpeg
    IMG_3753.jpeg
    309.4 KB · Views: 417
  • IMG_3750.jpeg
    IMG_3750.jpeg
    445.3 KB · Views: 897
Anyone notice these actual feel like an updated Jordan 3 white cements? The overall silhouette and cut is similar. The mostly white upper with the minimal black hit on the side and back. The red Jumpman on a big tounge. The same arc shape on the back. The ventilation dots on the vamp. The reinforcement on 3 eyelets. The “Paint wear pattern” feels like zoomed in elephant print. I can’t unsee it now.

I’m starting to really love these. They’re so comfy I kind of see them as a casual shoe first that you can ball in rather than a balling shoe that you can wear casual if that makes sense.
I have to agree with u on that...and MJ said it's one his favorite shoes

There are some parallels.

Definitely. They're more 3 like than the 33

Back
Top Bottom