Air Jordan 39 (XXXIX) (July 23, 2024 Release date)

1721433174286.png

Anyone have any idea what these are?

We’ve seen this movie from Rui before, new model early on, back to 36’s late. It will be interesting to see Rui ditches these like he did the 37 and 38. He’s been in his PE 36’s (either the sunset pair or the gold pair) only, the last two years, even when he had a PE for the 37 and 38. He would at least wear the 38’s in practice and pregame, but went to 36’s for games the last two seasons. Only time he wore the 38’s in a game was the last two playoff games last season.

Last edited:
Seems like in the ad for the 39, in the Nike App they have something covered for everyone as if they read these boards, which we know they do. Such as, the last couple of models, with all the issues in the 38 and 37 people have been asking if they do research and development anymore, they answer that right off the bat. By giving actual footage of testing along with telling you it was done in Portland, Oregon etc.

For the folks who don't like Zoom X because it bottoms out, they make sure to tell you it's used for marathons which are 26.2 miles, and a court is only .02 miles.

Very interesting approach.

For the folks who don't like Zoom X because it bottoms out, they make sure to tell you it's used for marathons which are 26.2 miles, and a court is only .02 miles.

I wonder, what does that even mean? Does it bottom out after the length of a marathon? Back when I was younger and played basketball all the time, I probably ran 26 miles hooping every 2 1/2 weeks, maybe a bit more maybe a bit less depending on my schedule, but you get my point either way. If I was still a high school hooper on a team, does that mean I’d burn through a pair of these every three or four weeks or even less, at $215 a pop?

Last edited:
I wonder, what does that even mean? Does it bottom out after the length of a marathon? Back when I was younger and played basketball all the time, I probably ran 26 miles hooping every 2 1/2 weeks, maybe a bit more maybe a bit less depending on my schedule, but you get my point either way. If I was still a high school Hooper on a team, does that mean I’d burn through a pair of these every three or four weeks or even less, at $215 a pop?
I would hope not, but the additionally added full length zoom should help with with the longevity of the cushion too shouldn’t it?

I wonder, what does that even mean? Does it bottom out after the length of a marathon? Back when I was younger and played basketball all the time, I probably ran 26 miles hooping every 2 1/2 weeks, maybe a bit more maybe a bit less depending on my schedule, but you get my point either way. If I was still a high school Hooper on a team, does that mean I’d burn through a pair of these every three or four weeks or even less, at $215 a pop?
Feel exactly where you are coming from. When the Kobe 4's had that lunarlon mess in the forefoot, with has much as I was playing then, it felt like a totally different shoe (dead feeling) in the forefoot in less than two weeks. They were going for cheap at the outlets then, so I stocked up. Not like today, but that's for a different thread regarding price and availability.

Back
Top Bottom