Air Jordan 1's Why Did The League Band Them..

I can't remember why can someone post a link or shed some light ? And was it the one just one particular colorway right?

all sneaker wore in the league had to have white in them?? can you shed alittle more light? also is that why some of the really dope colorways never see thenba hardwood??

Originally Posted by Acccord

all sneaker wore in the league HAD to have white in them?? can you shed alittle more light? also is that why some of the really dope colorways never see the nba hardwood??
Fixed.

Originally Posted by JPioneer

No white on them.

you're wrong...the jordan 1 was the first shoe worn in the NBA with multi colors and they were banned by the NBA for not matching the on court dresscode
grin.gif

Jordan Is were banned because they didnt match the league dress code. They were too vibrant to go with his jersey. The NBA decided to fine him for every timehe wore the shoe 5,000 dollars. Nike encouraged him to wear them and payed the fine for michael, as they ended up making more money of advertising the ban.More kids and adults alike wanted them just because of the story.

Originally Posted by j4rote33

Jordan Is were banned because they didnt match the league dress code. They were too vibrant to go with his jersey. The NBA decided to fine him for every time he wore the shoe 5,000 dollars. Nike encouraged him to wear them and payed the fine for michael, as they ended up making more money of advertising the ban. More kids and adults alike wanted them just because of the story.

vibrant?

Jordan Is were banned because they didnt match the league dress code. They were too vibrant to go with his jersey. The NBA decided to fine him for every time he wore the shoe 5,000 dollars. Nike encouraged him to wear them and payed the fine for michael, as they ended up making more money of advertising the ban. More kids and adults alike wanted them just because of the story.

vibrant?

laugh.gif
think he just threw that in their...
eyes.gif

no that was part of the dress code i guess. one persons shoes shouldnt stand out above his teammates and should match the jerseys i guess. stupid rules butlifes full of em
Originally Posted by jordanpheen

vibrant?

laugh.gif
eyes.gif

sorry it's there

no that was part of the dress code i guess. one persons shoes shouldnt stand out above his teammates and should match the jerseys i guess. stupid rules but lifes full of em

vibrant?

laugh.gif
eyes.gif

sorry it's there

happy.gif
Oh so you just reseached it...and copied and pasted????
nerd.gif

no that was part of the dress code i guess. one persons shoes shouldnt stand out above his teammates and should match the jerseys i guess. stupid rules but lifes full of em

vibrant?

laugh.gif
eyes.gif

sorry it's there

It's also paid.

All teams were required to have matching uniforms before (which included the shoes which had to be either all white or all black). No one had ever seenanything like the 1s before.. a lot of sports writers even referred to them as "clown shoes." (probably because of the red and the high ankle). Hopethat helps.

In 1985, Peter Moore designed the Air Jordan I. Its styling resembled most every other basketball shoe available at the time but with one dramatic difference:a strikingly bold color scheme. In contrast to all the predominantly white sneakers on the market, the Air Jordans' black and red trimming ran afoul ofleague rules but became a trademark that lives on today. The NBA, not thinking highly of the shoe's color scheme, banned it and fined its namesake one tofive thousand dollars every time he wore them on the court. The executives at Nike capitalized on this and filmed a commercial with two "censor"boxes covering the shoes.

What would u do without Wikipedia.

Originally Posted by SneakerAFI

In 1985, Peter Moore designed the Air Jordan I. Its styling resembled most every other basketball shoe available at the time but with one dramatic difference: a strikingly bold color scheme. In contrast to all the predominantly white sneakers on the market, the Air Jordans' black and red trimming ran afoul of league rules but became a trademark that lives on today. The NBA, not thinking highly of the shoe's color scheme, banned it and fined its namesake one to five thousand dollars every time he wore them on the court. The executives at Nike capitalized on this and filmed a commercial with two "censor" boxes covering the shoes.

What would u do without Wikipedia.
some like myself
wink.gif
are aware of jordans history...thereforesaying not all of us need wikipedia to know about the history of these shoes or mike himself..."Jordanheads" ftw
grin.gif

since no one has mentioned it specifically, it was just the blk/red colorway, not the wht/red-blk colorway that he finished his rookie year in and wore hisentire second year.

Re: Air Jordan 1's Why Did The League Band Them..

Back
Top Bottom