Air Jordan 14 Retro - "Black Toe" White/ Varsity Red/ Black ~ Summer 2014 RD: 9/20/2014

^Word, I was about to bug the f out lol

Best XIV of them all :pimp:

yea I mean, with my little TV, I didn't even notice he was wearing 14s :lol:

had to see it in a mag to notice what was good. then the story about how they gave him a prototype to check out and MJ just threw them on and balled in them just added to the legend :lol:

naw the last shots are def these:

they are called the last shots because they are the shoes he wore when he took his last shot in the NBA.... well what was supposed to be his last shot.
LOLOL! BRO... I'm an MJ & NBA Junkie. Of course I know these are the Last Shots! Never said they weren't.

What I mean is: In the "Michael Jordan to the MAX" DVD that dropped in Late 1999, he wears the White/Black Toe XIV's in the Intro to the DVD and througout.

NO, he didn't actually PLAY in them in an NBA Game, but he wore them On-Court for Promo/DVD Purposes in his BULLS Uniform... AFTER the 1998 NBA FINALS.

Click PLAY on the Video ABOVE and you'll get EXACTLY what I'm talking about in less than 20 Seconds.

When this DVD came out in 9th Grade, my friends and I always joked that the "Last Shots" weren't actually the last shoes he wore in a Bulls Uniform. 
wink.gif

Last edited:
^lol that don't count maaaaaan
Haha! I knew somebody would say that. It does count technically, but forreal... I guess, not really. Lol

I just remember it being kinda dope that we got to see MJ in the Black Toes, and all the silly debates about it after the DVD dropped. All in Fun. Lol

Last edited:
prefer the ribbing, havent had a pair of XIV since the OG's back in the day.

depending on price i might get these, my brother had the OG version too.

whats retail? i assume $170? :smh:

hated the originals, loved the 13s too much when they first dropped thought the 14s were cheeks. they grew on me over time. missed them last time. will definitely cop these this time if they're close to the og

prefer the ribbing, havent had a pair of XIV since the OG's back in the day.

depending on price i might get these, my brother had the OG version too.

whats retail? i assume $170?
mean.gif
It will probably be $170. Normally Jordan Brand does their price hikes in Q4. 

these will most likely just make the $170 mark. as I recall last year price hike was in October? Hopefully they do because I want 1 for casual and 1 for basketball. Not if it's over  170 though

For what it's worth and continuing on yesterday's topic of MJ and him actually wearing the XIV...

Always kind of bugged me that the "Last Shot" Colorway is often refered to as being the first pair of XIV's MJ actually wore...The only colorway worn in actual game play yes...But absolutely not the first pair to make a showing on MJ's feet...

Have to dig out my old Kick's Magazine that ran the original story to clarify this... But if I remember correctly there were numerous things that got Nike working in overdrive to get MJ in the XIV before the Playoffs ended that year...First and most importantly was the fact that MJ made it clear to all his endorsement contacts that he was very likely going to call it a career following the season...Secondly the the looming player's strike could easily eat up the whole next season...So Nike was in a position to not only miss out on the world seeing MJ play in the newest model Air Jordan but also any professional Basketball Player to be seen wearing them...So just before the Finals they got the release colorways out to Mike...

Here is some pics I had saved...

MJ wearing the White-Red's for a team practice after Game 3 of the Finals...
View media item 1035058
He rocked the White-Black's, off court of course, prior to Game 1 of the Finals in 98'...
View media item 1035059

as someone that is flatfooted I can say that these really are one of the most comfortable jordans I own period. wide on the sides and the toe definitely has space to let my feet breathe. easily 2 pairs

as someone that is flatfooted I can say that these really are one of the most comfortable jordans I own period. wide on the sides and the toe definitely has space to let my feet breathe. easily 2 pairs

How flat footed are you? Flat footed to the point where the inner part of your shoes kind of bulge out? Or just flat footed to where there's no arch?

How flat footed are you? Flat footed to the point where the inner part of your shoes kind of bulge out? Or just flat footed to where there's no arch?

bulge all day pleighboi. sometimes looks like my shoe gonna tilt over.

#teamnoarch #teamigot3bulges #isteponalegoandimdead

..but seriously. shoes poke on the side, no arch

I remember Red man wore these in I'll bee dat video and I think it was Marlon wearing them also in an episode of the wayans bros....good times

Back
Top Bottom