Air Jordan 13 “Court Purple” Fall 2021

I admit these two jerseys motivated me to get these shoes to wear them with. I'm glad Jordan Brand came out with some black/purple retro Jordans that gives me the option to emulate the Lakers road attire when they wore black-based shoes during the '90s to the last decade.

I sure as hell am glad I get to maintain my F Adidas stance with these! 😎
I refuse to get re-released Adidas that Kobe Bryant wore, albeit without the branding and logos tied to him.
IMG_5814.JPG
IMG_5815.JPG

I like the idea of substituting these XIII for some piece of 💩 Adidas with that 1998 NBA All-Star Game Kobe jersey since Michael Jordan wore the XIII in that Game and that whole season.

Pair came in today. The shape isn’t much different than the 17’ blk/reds, (a.k.a Not Good). But the glue stains are definitely a problem. I’m a sucker for purple, so I’m gonna enjoy them. But certainly not worth a cent over retail.

I guess my eyes must be bad, but I don't notice the dreaded shape of the XIII that's been plaguing the model according to many peeps on here.

It looks like I've learned to live with it. The common gripe about them seems to be the front part curving up unnecessarily. But I just wear them despite that flaw since the XIII is my second favorite model behind the XI.

My only serious gripes with Jordan Brand are the all the mid-top XI that were released between 2008 to 2015 because of the piss poor patent leather cut and just the overall quality and details on them that made them look like bootleg swap meet shoes. And I also despise when they tweak or make colors on specific parts of a particular model that diverge from the original form, i.e. the Jumpman logo on the front toe being red instead of black on the 2012 Black/White XII.

My pair arrived today. The purple really pops.

954DB8B6-861F-4AB0-94BC-82F479DA4BB9.jpeg
B633E7CD-B5FF-4FA7-A16F-9810D82E9848.jpeg
Did yours have the ydm sticker inside the box? I got mine straight from nike through the SNKRS app. When they showed up I opened the box and took em out but didn't see that sticker... im sure they are legit coming from Nike, but just curious about the sticker. My jordan 4 red thunders showed up today from hibbett sports and they didn't have the sticker in the box either... just curious if they just stopped putting the stickers in, or if it's just for certain kicks?

Returning these to Nike today. They’re cool but not a must have and I’d rarely wear em. Was kind of a boredom/impulse buy in hindsight. Shout to Mike Bobby tho :pimp:. I’ll opt for those brave blue/navy OG cw (converted to mid) 13s that come out in May over these.

Back
Top Bottom