AIR JORDAN 12 RETRO - OBSIDIAN/WHITE/FRENCH BLUE/UNIVERSITY BLUE - 130690-410 - CONFIRMED 6/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by vanexellent

Originally Posted by 160jordansdeep

Originally Posted by jones23me

gotta cop 3x... 1st pair i ever got back in 96.. i remember because they released with the wht/red the same day as well. nothing like the O.G's tho. been doing this since 96

Do you remember what time of the year the 12's released back in 1996 ? 
February 1st, 1997. I remember because that same day there was an Eddie Jones signing at Niketown Beverly Hills.

If I'm not mistaken, the Taxis were the ones that released in the Fall/Holiday of '96, the rest of them released later that Spring in '97. 

Damn, work got bumped to 8 am on saturday... any online spots do midnight drops? I rarely buy online but looks like I might have to on this one.. any help is much appreciated.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by vanexellent

Originally Posted by 160jordansdeep

Do you remember what time of the year the 12's released back in 1996 ? 
February 1st, 1997. I remember because that same day there was an Eddie Jones signing at Niketown Beverly Hills.

If I'm not mistaken, the Taxis were the ones that released in the Fall/Holiday of '96, the rest of them released later that Spring in '97. 

THIS IS CORRECT. 10/29/96 FOR THE TAXIS, 1/29/97 FOR THE WHT/REDS AND OBSIDIANS, 3/26/97 FOR THE BLK/REDS, AND 5/21/97 FOR THE PLAYOFFS. HOLLA... 
CED B.

Originally Posted by cedb713

THIS IS CORRECT. 10/29/96 FOR THE TAXIS, 1/29/97 FOR THE WHT/REDS AND OBSIDIANS, 3/26/97 FOR THE BLK/REDS, AND 5/21/97 FOR THE PLAYOFFS. HOLLA... 
CED B.

Miss those days 
pimp.gif

No BS, No lines, No hype, Great Quality Product, MJ was at his prime.    

CED B.

Miss those days 
pimp.gif

MAN, WHO U TELLIN'??? THAT WAS WAS TRULY A GOLDEN ERA FOR KICKS. IT WAS STILL SO INNOCENT AND PURE, BEFORE ALL THE HYPE. BASICALLY, THE PRE-INTERNET ERA OF KICK COLLECTIN' WAS THE BEST,HANDS DOWN. HOLLA...
CED B.

Originally Posted by Reignman40

So niketowns are going with wristbands, eh? I'm liking it more than the twitter rsvp crapshoot.

Yeah I just got the text and saw that......lineup time for wristbanding in Seattle starts at 6pm on 6/21/12.....

Originally Posted by Litflynt

^prob right Memphis

stopped by HOH in Scottsdale yesterday and was told they are getting over 50 pairs of them (the dude said more than the military IV's which are still sitting)

sounds like this release is going to be a physical one - glad I got my pair coming in tomorrow...
pics to follow

u stay in az?

CED B.

Miss those days 
pimp.gif

MAN, WHO U TELLIN'??? THAT WAS WAS TRULY A GOLDEN ERA FOR KICKS. IT WAS STILL SO INNOCENT AND PURE, BEFORE ALL THE HYPE. BASICALLY, THE PRE-INTERNET ERA OF KICK COLLECTIN' WAS THE BEST,HANDS DOWN. HOLLA...
CED B.

I Don't Know About Where You Guys Were Coppin Kicks, But The Year Before These XII Releases Out In Chicago, Things Got REALLY REAL When The XI Was Unveiled..... The Goons Were Definitely Out
nerd.gif

The Consumer Base Didn't React The Same Over These XII's Tho, So They Were Definitely Easy Going Releases For The Most Part... Playoffs And Flu Games Had Somewhat Of A Following
wink.gif

Originally Posted by So Much Sole 23

I Don't Know About Where You Guys Were Coppin Kicks, But The Year Before These XII Releases Out In Chicago, Things Got REALLY REAL When The XI Was Unveiled..... The Goons Were Definitely Out
nerd.gif

The Consumer Base Didn't React The Same Over These XII's Tho, So They Were Definitely Easy Going Releases For The Most Part... Playoffs And Flu Games Had Somewhat Of A Following
wink.gif

Unfortunately, the XII will always be the middle step child of Jordans.    
laugh.gif

I was about 12 yrs old when the XI's came out and here in LA, there wasn't a major market for Jordans compared to Chicago. 

After the XI's, people expected something even more amazing so needless to say, there was major disappointment when the XII's released.  

sure hope NTLA is sticking with the rsvp or else I'm out. Haven't heard anything from them regarding this release yet.

SMH was at a mom & pop earlier and some dude paid $325 for them. Still undecided about which sneaker to buy between these, the Olympic 6s, and uptempos. I definitely don't need 3 white and navy kicks.

Originally Posted by Baby Jumpman

SMH was at a mom & pop earlier and some dude paid $325 for them. Still undecided about which sneaker to buy between these, the Olympic 6s, and uptempos. I definitely don't need 3 white and navy kicks.

Can't miss out on these.  I will be a bit biased and go with all Jordans on this one.    Forget the Uptempos 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by imthagentleman

Originally Posted by Litflynt

^prob right Memphis

stopped by HOH in Scottsdale yesterday and was told they are getting over 50 pairs of them (the dude said more than the military IV's which are still sitting)

sounds like this release is going to be a physical one - glad I got my pair coming in tomorrow...
pics to follow

u stay in az?

Unfortunatly, yes....work brought me here

Originally Posted by MichaelClearyVI

Damn, work got bumped to 8 am on saturday... any online spots do midnight drops? I rarely buy online but looks like I might have to on this one.. any help is much appreciated.

x2, ndc won't carry them.  So should I check eastbay, champs then?
and I thought there's no more midnight drop?

Originally Posted by CelticsFan9783

Massachusetts NTers...where will you be copping?

I work in Peabody, and I'm supposed to be in East Boston Saturday, but I think I'm going to stay outside the city for this release. Pick up and a suburban mall then head into Eastie.

Originally Posted by adub beta

Originally Posted by blakmn89

Originally Posted by Kontraband1911

its ridiculous that these wont be on NDC..i really don't understand it

same here
30t6p3b.gif
seems like nike want chaos  to happen
I think they're not putting these on NDC because they gave out too many 15% and 20% coupon codes recently and don't want everyone use them on these.
Haha. I was planning on using my 15% off coupon on these when they cancelled my KD IV N7's.
laugh.gif
 Oh well, luckily they don't expire until the end of the year. 

Originally Posted by bluesnickers

Originally Posted by MichaelClearyVI

x2, ndc won't carry them.  So should I check eastbay, champs then?
and I thought there's no more midnight drop?
Jimmyjazz.com seems to not be following Nike's directive and launching these around 12 EST. They have a very limited run as all retro releases have sold out in minutes. Good luck to you guys. Hope you get your pairs.

Originally Posted by L Rocks Well

I'm pretty sure Finishline and Eastbay will release these online. Check their twitters for confirmation.

this would be correct..... the only issue will  be that ALL the traffic will be on two sites..... I estimate traffic is probably normally.... NDC- 50%, Finishline-25%, Eastbay- 25%..... prepare for server crashes
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom