Air Jordan 11 Space Jam-December 10, 2016-$220

Any of you guys wear them to play basketball in them? how are they

20 year old shoe, cant complain. Sole picks up dirt like a mofo, but gets a little better the more you use them for some reason. Coating maybe?

Comfortable. Can feel the zoom. Heel slips and rubs up against my right foot, but can't complain. Had same problem with all 11's. Gotta lace them tight and double up the socks. Decent shoe, gets the job done, no other shoe looks like it. But yes I'd only complain about traction and fit. Doubing up the socks helps with all problems except for the traction. If you're on a clean court you're good to go though.
you can feel the zoom just with a finger too if you remove the insole. Wish they could do other shoes the same

Yeah we're old school. I'm sure that some are older than us, but when you hear them youngens talk about Jordans and they're 24, it baffles me because they really have no clue besides what they've read or whatever research they've done. But to really live through it and I'm not talking about 6 or 7 years old, but to really live through it, that's what makes it amazing. Makes you appreciate the shoes more.

all this....

Yeah we're old school. I'm sure that some are older than us, but when you hear them youngens talk about Jordans and they're 24, it baffles me because they really have no clue besides what they've read or whatever research they've done. But to really live through it and I'm not talking about 6 or 7 years old, but to really live through it, that's what makes it amazing. Makes you appreciate the shoes more.

all this....
Man I still remember when MJ debut the XIs....It's still one of the most amazing things I've ever seen on TV.

Honestly I haven't seen one person but me wear there's yet. People will come out in em in droves when all the snow goes away i bet tho

This past weekend in NYC it was a bit warm and i seen like 7 people that day with them on...most i ever seen since they released.

20 year old shoe, cant complain. Sole picks up dirt like a mofo, but gets a little better the more you use them for some reason. Coating maybe?

Comfortable. Can feel the zoom. Heel slips and rubs up against my right foot, but can't complain. Had same problem with all 11's. Gotta lace them tight and double up the socks. Decent shoe, gets the job done, no other shoe looks like it. But yes I'd only complain about traction and fit. Doubing up the socks helps with all problems except for the traction. If you're on a clean court you're good to go though.
Would sizing down just the need for a double sock?

Been beating my pair up; snow/rain/sun - doesn't matter. In fact, wearing them at work now.
Coulda fooled me as your first wear too.  I love that these are tanks.  I'm nearly 20 wears, and they still look just as good. 

I use Zip Lock bags and it WORKS! I wear all of my shoes so they get plenty of air too. DS pairs I take out the bags and let them breath for a like week or so. Then place them back in. Zip Locks have saved my older shoes such as varsity red 6s. Again no worries about cracking midsoles because I wear them. I just leave the paper in the boxes. I don't want anything touching my shoes. Also I store in individual zip locks so they don't touch each other either
Hmmm, I have some pairs on ice.  How much air does it really need, and how often?  

Would sizing down just the need for a double sock?

Coulda fooled me as your first wear too.  I love that these are tanks.  I'm nearly 20 wears, and they still look just as good. 

Hmmm, I have some pairs on ice.  How much air does it really need, and how often?  
It depends on the shoe IMO. I would say take them out every couple months or so...especially for Jordans 2 through 6. 

It's funny how you can go to sneaker shop and that display shoe wrapped in that plastic looks awesome. First I thing I say is let me see that other shoe. The worker usually  looks crazy if it's an old shoe. Because 9 times out of 10 that other shoe is going to show aging, oxidation,  and other defects from sitting in its box in that storage room.

It depends on the shoe IMO. I would say take them out every couple months or so...especially for Jordans 2 through 6. 

It's funny how you can go to sneaker shop and that display shoe wrapped in that plastic looks awesome. First I thing I say is let me see that other shoe. The worker usually  looks crazy if it's an old shoe. Because 9 times out of 10 that other shoe is going to show aging, oxidation,  and other defects from sitting in its box in that storage room.
I have 11s on ice.  

I feel like the plastic wrap is actually harmful.  Shrug.  

I just put a few silica gel packs in mine.  But, I am considering taking the paper out and putting them in a ziplock that's not inside the shoe box.  Who knows, who cares.  Wear your shoes and be happy. :smile:

The one stored in the back may show signs of aging, but the one that's wrapped will fall apart once unwrapped if it's been in there for any period of time!  Best way to preserve shoes is to wear them in the first 2-3 years enough to work them in; then they'll be wearable for 15-20 years.  If not, store them however you want, within a decade they'll be unwearable, and whether worn or not, none of these shoes will be worth anything in the future.  This is a hobby out of passion for the shoes; they're NOT an investment.  Maybe in the past that was feasible, but not any more.  Even the rarest of shoes becomes instantly worthless once they're re-released, despite the slight variations.  Only exceptions are shoes like the Air Mags.  Just enjoy wearing them!

I have 11s on ice.  

I feel like the plastic wrap is actually harmful.  Shrug.  

I just put a few silica gel packs in mine.  But, I am considering taking the paper out and putting them in a ziplock that's not inside the shoe box.  Who knows, who cares.  Wear your shoes and be happy. :smile:
Like I said I wear all of mine. Zip Locks are made for food storage bro. There's nothing harmful in the plastic. Good luck on your storage

The one stored in the back may show signs of aging, but the one that's wrapped will fall apart once unwrapped if it's been in there for any period of time!  Best way to preserve shoes is to wear them in the first 2-3 years enough to work them in; then they'll be wearable for 15-20 years.  If not, store them however you want, within a decade they'll be unwearable, and whether worn or not, none of these shoes will be worth anything in the future.  This is a hobby out of passion for the shoes; they're NOT an investment.  Maybe in the past that was feasible, but not any more.  Even the rarest of shoes becomes instantly worthless once they're re-released, despite the slight variations.  Only exceptions are shoes like the Air Mags.  Just enjoy wearing them!
100% this.  Amen.

All true but I wear everything. Zip Locks are temporary storage for me. So my whole point is there's no harm in Zip locks storage if you wear and let them breath. You get the benefit of having no contaminant and no oxidation while keeping them wearing as well. I've been doing it for almost a decade and my 3 through 6 have not issues at all. But again, I wear them at least once quarter. And  I don't have any worries for my 11s. 

I stay sleeping [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Reactions: Ube
All true but I wear everything. Zip Locks are temporary storage for me. So my whole point is there's no harm in Zip locks storage if you wear and let them breath. You get the benefit of having no contaminant and no oxidation while keeping them wearing as well. I've been doing it for almost a decade and my 3 through 6 have not issues at all. But again, I wear them at least once quarter. And  I don't have any worries for my 11s. 

11s don't need airing out?

11s don't need airing out?
Sure but not as much as 2-6 IMO. The midsole won't crumble. You just got to worry about the glue deteriorating which is a slow process too. It won't deteriorate much at all if you wearing casually. I've got white red 2 lows from 2004 and Pure 3s that I haven't worn in years that show no signs of crumbling. No pores in the midsoles at all. I think I wore my pure 3 once last year. But they oxidized a little over time. I wish I stored them in zip locks years ago. I was always afraid to do so and listened to so called sneaker experts. But this is just my techniques. To each their own.

Apologies if this has been beaten to death but I wore the 2016 SJs for the first time today and holy are they uncomfortable.  Granted I've been spoiled by boost but man it's like wearing bricks strapped to your feet, not to mention the ankle cutting job they did on me. Do they break in at all, especially in the toe area? I'll probably just put em on a shelf for display or something...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah they will break in if you continue to wear.  Remember thats 20 year plus tech in those jams.  They arent gonna feel like the new stuff you wear on a daily.  Ive had shoe carnival nikes that have been more comfort than some of these newer retros at first.  No apoligies needed.  Some just expect jordans to feel like your walking on feathers. They dont.

Back
Top Bottom