Air Jordan 11 Space Jam-December 10, 2016-$220

Wasn't comparing it to the original. 09 is the most recent drop (which most people own in terms of space jam retros). So for someone like me who still has theirs, I don't see the appeal of copping the new ones. Soles just throw it off for me. Again, just a matter of opinion.
I like the 2016, and I like idea behind it (giving us what we've been asking for, for years.) But what you're saying makes petfect sense. The 00' and '09 are the Jams we know. Even though the 2016s are closely based off of the OGs, that shoe was a P.E/sample. None of us have any history with it besides "I loved the movie Space Jam growing up!" The last two releases were shoes we've owned, seen people we know wearin', and have wanted for years. So it comes as no shock when people say they want those or prefer those over this years release.

Last edited:
Allot of folks don't like the new pair. Many will buy but these will sit, which is good.

Folks doubted the metallics would sit and they did. These will too even if it's for a day or seven.

I will cop one for the court and one for the collection. I was 13 when Space Jam was released and I just love that we get what many people, including me were asking for!

Allot of folks don't like the new pair. Many will buy but these will sit, which is good.

Folks doubted the metallics would sit and they did. These will too even if it's for a day or seven.

A lot of folks? I beg to differ. Niketalk is the minority, even the "Sneakerhead" online community as a whole is the minority when it comes to Jordans, especially the 11s. People who don't buy online, who don't pay attention at all shoes, etc want the 11s. Jordan fans of old want the 11s. Kids who have never seen him play want the 11s. Friends and co-workers of mine who don't wear Jordans casually want these to wear on the town or to ball in. I guarantee these sell just like the recent retros of the concords, black/reds and columbias. They general public doesn't care about the shape, cut of the patent, tint of the soles, etc. Its a Jordan 11 and it's the Spacejam color - they want them.

The term "sitting" has no defined parameters to its definition. To some it's a few hours, others it's days. The 72-10s may have been more attainable or slightly easier to get than OG color ways, but in a big city like Houston, they were gone the first day. Maybe a pair here and there made it to day 2, but they did not "sit".

Are 11s really more popular than the 1s?
id say they are the most popular jordan of all time, some might think differently but the number of XIs that sell every year is amazing and they sellout first day everytime (not every colorway obviously bu OGs def do)

XIs are more popular by far. You guys have to understand, The Jordan 1 is really a shoe-head/mall rat sneaker. People who are out of the loop will easily mistake it for a Dunk-Hi.Take the wings logo off and most people wouldn't know what the hell they're looking at.

Shoe heads are into detail.The average joe could care less. Imagine how many people bought 1.5s thinking they were getting Air Jordan 1s

Last edited:
Are 11s really more popular than the 1s?
easily, you shouldn't confuse hype and resell value with demand.

If the Bred 1s dropped on the same day as some 11s, especially an og, and were both a mass gr, people would grab the 11s.

Agreed. No matter how familiar you are with sneakers, the 11s always have had and will have the most popularity. Whether you're a fan of this retro or the past, it'll be very shocking to see these "sit"
i still believe they'll sit for a day or few. A lot of these same people may pass because of the fact that they look so much like last year's 11s.
A lot of folks? I beg to differ. Niketalk is the minority, even the "Sneakerhead" online community as a whole is the minority when it comes to Jordans, especially the 11s. People who don't buy online, who don't pay attention at all shoes, etc want the 11s. Jordan fans of old want the 11s. Kids who have never seen him play want the 11s. Friends and co-workers of mine who don't wear Jordans casually want these to wear on the town or to ball in. I guarantee these sell just like the recent retros of the concords, black/reds and columbias. They general public doesn't care about the shape, cut of the patent, tint of the soles, etc. Its a Jordan 11 and it's the Spacejam color - they want them.

The term "sitting" has no defined parameters to its definition. To some it's a few hours, others it's days. The 72-10s may have been more attainable or slightly easier to get than OG color ways, but in a big city like Houston, they were gone the first day. Maybe a pair here and there made it to day 2, but they did not "sit".

Don't assume I'm drawing my conclusions from NT because NT is ready and on board for these, my conclusions come from personal interaction, social media, YouTube, blogs from all over. But there's no use arguing over speculation. When holiday approaches, we will see.

i still believe they'll sit for a day or few. A lot of these same people may pass because of the fact that they look so much like last year's 11s.
Don't assume I'm drawing my conclusions from NT because NT is ready and on board for these, my conclusions come from personal interaction, social media, YouTube, blogs from all over. But there's no use arguing over speculation. When holiday approaches, we will see.

In my statement I mentioned the online sneaker community, which is where 3/4 of your conclusions are coming from. I'm not here to argue, but I'm saying the overwhelming majority of 11s customers have little or no relation to the online sneaker world. Casual to die hard MJ fans want 11s, especially in an OG color. Technically they did not release in 96, but we all saw them in the movie and knew they existed. That even added to their popularity. I believe that's why JB released these first in '09 when they started the yearly releases. Just my opinion.

In my statement I mentioned the online sneaker community, which is where 3/4 of your conclusions are coming from. I'm not here to argue, but I'm saying the overwhelming majority of 11s customers have little or no relation to the online sneaker world. Casual to die hard MJ fans want 11s, especially in an OG color. Technically they did not release in 96, but we all saw them in the movie and knew they existed. That even added to their popularity. I believe that's why JB released these first in '09 when they started the yearly releases. Just my opinion.
or it's because they released the bred 11s a year before in 2008?

But the sneaker community,which includes celebrities, has an effect on the larger community of sneaker buyers, especially now. Sneaker community is very conflicted on this pair. We'll see how things turn out

I'm excited for these. My one and only camp out was in 2009; Wheaton mall in Maryland was crowded adv Sports Zone was the only store that allowed camp outs. Got there around 5:30 and was about the 20th in line. It was cool since there was a blizzard and my high school has two weeks break. People were calling us crazy for lining up for shoes, and many were staring. A lot of cool people in line, people were showing off with the DB 2s, Bred Premier 23s, carmine 6s, and concord 11s. It was so lit with no fights. Anyone who tried to line up around 9:30-10 was asked to leave because the list of sizes were full.

Ahh.......memories
View media item 2151992

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom