Air Jordan 11 Retro Low "Concord" to Release in 2014

Mines starting to yellow a bit.. anyone with guidance on cleaning and maintaining the sole? I've worn them like 6x 
well ever since the "nightmare of 09" for me when both my deadstock SJ's started to yellow, before I obviously even wore them, silica gel packs haven't failed me since, Some feel they don't work but, hey guess my luck is different. Some use seaglow and other different related products I'm not to familiar with, Be clear tho, nothing! prevents it completely. Some products just remove it a little or slightly cleans it. Others can slow it down some, but you can google yellowing on jordans and a variety of things that may help will pop up.

Last edited:
well ever since the "nightmare of 09" for me when both my deadstock SJ's started to yellow, before I obviously even wore them, silica gel packs haven't failed me since, Some feel they don't work but, hey guess my luck is different. Some use seaglow and other different related products I'm not to familiar with, Be clear tho, nothing! prevents it completely. Some products just remove it a little or slightly cleans it. Others can slow it down some, but you can google yellowing on jordans and a variety of things that may help will pop up.

Its how u use them

Layer of cling wrap celophane. Then a bunch silica on top of that. Keeps the oxygen out the box since it xomes in from the top anyways. But its not right on the shoes. My og xiv heel tab aint even yellowed yet :wink:

i agree. just wear it, before it crumbles.

i agree. just wear it, before it crumbles.

aj 11 midsoles crumble? ??
From my experience air Jordans 2 - 9 crumble because they use PU midsoles which dry out when not taking care very well and not worn frequently.
none of my aj 10, 11, 12 retros have crumbling problems.
Only sole separation.

at the end.of the day, they are.shoes. yes, they do and will.proally never make it like they use to

I just demolished these in Vegas, what a mistake,I got mad compliment tho, wish I didn't dump my second pair now, back on the hunt....

trying to get ride of my 10.5 to scoop some quai 1s off the bay tonight
laugh.gif

I dump them too my boy, he kept asking bout them and I knew he wasn't going to stop asking till I dump them to him so I gave up and just let him have em, just going to have too cop that resell our wait till they drop again......

who would put Jordans in the washer? yall cats...lmao. 

I put all my kicks in the washer, just put it on gentle cycle with cold water. If I have a denim stain I use spray and wash before hand and let it sit. No problems so far and I've been doing this for years mate.

I put all my kicks in the washer, just put it on gentle cycle with cold water. If I have a denim stain I use spray and wash before hand and let it sit. No problems so far and I've been doing this for years mate.
I used to do the same until I read nikes shoe care guidelines:

The number 1 thing Nike specifically says NOT to do is put them in the washer.

I'm positive the manufacture of the shoes knows more than anyone else on how to take care of their own products.

I used to do the same until I read nikes shoe care guidelines:
The number 1 thing Nike specifically says NOT to do is put them in the washer.
I'm positive the manufacture of the shoes knows more than anyone else on how to take care of their own products.

Be that as it may, I've never experienced any issues doing that. The don't lose shape, the color and materials are still in great condition. You yourself admitted to doing so and only stopped because of what you read and not because their was an issue. I'll just put a disclaimer next time.

Back
Top Bottom