Air Jordan 11 Retro "Concord" - December 8, 2018 release - $220 #45

I was 7 in 96 lol. I remember watching MJ play but I was super young lol. I def remember fade away MJ more than super explosive MJ lol. Both were monsters.Prime MJ was more explosive than Russ?

In my opinion, yes. Maybe not by much, but go back and look at highlight videos from his first six or seven years. The speed, the ground he covered (especially in the air), the devastating dunks in both the open floor and over anyone and everyone in traffic. There's a breakaway against the Pistons in the old Pontiac Silverdome where he gets out ahead on the break, takes about two dribbles at lightspeed and then takes off from almost the foul line for the solo dunk ... it's something else. Just one example off the top of my head. Or look at the famous baseline dunk over Ewing in the '91 playoffs, the one that gets shown all the time. Watch it in real time, not the slo-mo that gets used a lot. It's like, what? LOL

Definitely didn’t sit out here in Vegas either...This is actually the first Jordan’s that I had to actively search out to find a pair...I went to two malls and couple Sports Authority’s before I found a pair in my size...Thought that was the craziest thing at the time...

Crazy to me that Sports Authority was carrying Jordan's. I worked for them from like 08-10 and nothing close to Js passed through those doors. Just For Feet was my local spot growing up til 02 or so

Crazy to me that Sports Authority was carrying Jordan's. I worked for them from like 08-10 and nothing close to Js passed through those doors. Just For Feet was my local spot growing up til 02 or so

JC Penney, Mervyn’s (Now Kohl’s), Macy’s, Dillard’s all sold Jordan’s...

JC Penney was my spot though since my parents had a credit card through them that earned air miles :lol:...

JC Penney, Mervyn’s (Now Kohl’s), Macy’s, Dillard’s all sold Jordan’s...

JC Penney was my spot though since my parents had a credit card through them that earned air miles :lol:...

Dillards is where I struck gold, with my original pair of Blk/Red 11's EVERYWHERE in Houston had sold out (for a while) and about a week after I'd finally given up finding them. I was randomly shopping at Dillards, saw them on display, and sure enough they had my size. I'll never forget that day, my mom thought I was insane because I'd just bought the black I.E's, I think that's when i completely surrendered to my sneaker addiction, and it's been out of control ever since. Some of you guys may have heard of Weiners I'm not sure if it was just a Texas/Southern store, but I also fell in love with the original BC3 retro that was in the bargain bin for $14.99 there were tons of pairs zip tied together, and you got the box when you checked out (that's how terrible they sold back then). I had no clue what I was buying I just knew they were Jordan's ) and $14.99 so I could even afford to buy them on my own.

M marztharealist Nice.. I have my 2001 Blk/Reds in damn near perfect condition. Cant wait until these and the CG's retro with higher patent.

I could care less about the Cool Grey's, but to each his own.

:lol:

All I need is these, and the Columbia's, and I'm cool. I still want a pair of the 2001 Playoff's too.

Also, only real flaws, which has gotten worse over time, is this spot on patent leather, on the the back of the shoe.

WP_20180511_19_42_50_Rich.jpg

It's like embedded inside of it, or something. I think remember someone told me to put some Acetone on it, but i'm scare AF to do it.

Anyone know what hell this ish is?

^nice kicks man. I can’t wait for the remastered version of those. I know they’ve re-released a handful of different times but they’re timeless... perhaps 2020?

Hopefully, we get them December 2019. Since it would be the 23rd Anniversary of the 1996 Playoffs.

How do you think he could fly, man? :rofl:
People forget these days, because a long time has passed and by the second threepeat MJ had evolved his game hugely. But in-his-prime athletics-wise, Jordan was the most explosive NBA athlete I’ve ever seen. He was a walking fast-twitch muscle. LeBron at his peak athleticism was amazing but it was exaggerated because of his size. In my opinion Mike is yet to be equalled in sheer explosiveness and jumping ability.
I say this to everyone i talk to and i dont think they get it.. you would see mike going up with the ball and you think its going to be a lay up because It didnt look like he gathered enough speed/height to dunk...then all of a sudden, mid air, he kept going higher...climbing in the air.. and it turned into a dunk. He did this many times and i have yet to see anyone do this.

I could care less about the Cool Grey's, but to each his own.

:lol:

All I need is these, and the Columbia's, and I'm cool. I still want a pair of the 2001 Playoff's too.

Also, only real flaws, which has gotten worse over time, is this spot on patent leather, on the the back of the shoe.

WP_20180511_19_42_50_Rich.jpg

It's like embedded inside of it, or something. I think remember someone told me to put some Acetone on it, but i'm scare AF to do it.

Anyone know what hell this ish is?

Hopefully, we get them December 2019. Since it would be the 23rd Anniversary of the 1996 Playoffs.
Mine have the same bs going on on one of my shoes also. Coming from the midsole though. And it keeps getting worse over time. And it looks like its underneath the pl. IDK. is what it is.

When the Playoff 11's finally re-release in OG form I'm doubling up. Might even triple. Of the original colorways to release for the 11 these are my favourites hands down.

1996-Air-Jordan-11-OG-Black-Red-Bred-1.jpg

But back to the Concords. I lurked this site heavily during middle school (very young I know) and was able to witness the greatness that was the getmoneyboyz and a "sneaker connoisseur" and kids getting "amonia". :lol: Hopefully this release won't be as bad with the mall break ins and such though. Definitely looking forward to getting my first pair of Concords. :smokin
air-jordan-11-og-concords.jpg

Back
Top Bottom