Air Jordan 11 Retro "Concord" - December 8, 2018 release - $220 #45

Interesting comments and perspectives coming from people of various ages and different parts of the country. I'm in my 40s and when I came up, kids were getting killed and doing time over Fila sneakers (and no I'm not talking about them ugly Grant Hill basketball shoes). I've been through the Lotto, Ellesse, Fila, Diadora, and Jordan phase since 1980s. A view on economy, the state of the world, and sneakers from the eyes of a young kid during the mid '90s is a whole lot different than from cats who were in their 20s and 30s with disposable income and resources then... Just a heads up, there has always been a group of people heavy into sneakers and collecting sneakers prior to Jordans. Good to see the younger kids preserving the culture :smile::wink:

Just a heads up, there has always been a group of people heavy into sneakers and collecting sneakers prior to Jordans. Good to see the younger kids preserving the culture :smile::wink:

People hate on younger kids for hyping up Yeezys nowadays but my younger cousins are into them similarily to how kids I knew were into Jordans in the 90s (except J’s were much easier to attain).

So many innocent lives was lost over this sneaker, crimes, individuals getting incarcerated. Iono biggest release of 2018. It’s a toss up with me, growing up seeing violence all the time. I might not even cop to be honest.

Shouldn’t that be a testament to how powerful the design of this sneaker is? People will literally be reduced to acting like animals and killing for a pair. Obviously, this is a bad thing but there is a reason that so few products can actually create this kind of reaction.

I remember hearing stories a while ago that original XI’s sat. Crazy to hear contradicting stories now - OG XI’s sitting was agreed on from what I remember.

Columbia’s sat pretty hard, Breds and Concords sold really well. It was for this reason, it took less than 6 years for a retro. I believe that is still the record for fastest retro of a model post OG release (not including CDP for the AJ22, obviously).

One thing that has me worried is the CWs we or the older generation hold to dearly will be "nothing" compared to the newer generation of sneakerheads.

Everything just seems more vibrant or colorful compared to the simplicity of CWs back in the 90s and 2000s.

ie were the only XI that sat in my area. I was 15 when they dropped. I had no chance at that time. Moms wasn't feeling that at all.

Reactions: ARK
In 2011, the price was 155 Eur for the Concord!! That's the reason why it was crazy and everybody wanted these shoes.
Now, people know that nike will produce a lot of shoes, will produce shoes with the high cut, and with a big price 200 eur. it is not magic like in 2011.
AJ 11 concord/bred are my favorite pair, my second is the 8 Bugs Bunny, and if they remastered the 8 with OG technology, or the 6, i would be happy maybe more.
I really prefere the separate air sole unit (one for the heel and one for the forefoot) to the full lenght air sole! It was more efficient.

Last edited:
I think NBA was different in 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994 and 1995. It was more physical.
I just got one Jordan pair, so i can't say if 11 were better, but my AJ were the 8 bugs bunny, i had 13 years old, and those shoes had no limit!
I can't imagine the 7 with 2 air sole unit because i think it should extraodinary.
The 7 and 8 are the same, the 8 has more protection.

Last edited:
i'm sure that a heel air sole has more cushionning than a full lenght.

Last edited:
I have never worn my WL, and i sent back to nike my SP and i really regret.
I am surely the only one in the world who made this mistake.
The WL are my "Can't Wait the concord" because i made the mistake to give my 2011 to a friend but i still have the box.
But i prefere the Concord.

Last edited:
In our Champs Store, EVERY SINGLE 11 SOLD OUT THE FIRST DAY. EVERY ONE. It may have been different in your area or online, but in store our stock was sold.

Additionally, Nike had issues getting the shoes into stores. I recall we got our pairs late. After the first Concord drop we received a few more pairs in the next shipment.
Was no buying og 11’s online bruh

Ready to Catch Amonia again!

C4C06091-5AC1-49F1-9B60-A3597CE9CC6C.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom