Air Jordan 11 Retro- Black/Red “Playoff”- 12/14/2019

The previous 2 actually had the #45 when first premiering on Michael’s feet. Mike has never worn 45 on Black/Red’s nor have they ever released to the public with them. I’ll keep my $220 so fast if they play that game

The first two debuted with the 45 and this will prob be played off as the sample that was being developed at that time before the number switch.

I have to admit they do look nice. But however 23 goes on the back instead of 45. I would hate to have to see 45 on the back of these. But if so then I'll decide whether I'll get them or not.
You realize that picture is 23 years old, right?

9BFA116C-5C30-4053-B1E9-0ADC518B46BD.jpeg
Fakes already popping up.Pics via FB.

looking good.

You know, I have to say: I totally get why we all prefer the 23 on the heel. But people are going to pass on what should be the best retro yet (based on Concords and SJs) of this actual shoe because of a .75-inch-tall number on the back that will eventually start to wear off, anyway? A number basically no one can even see from more than five feet away? I can't wrap my head around that. Putting 45 on these, if it really happens, is definitely stupid as **** but it's not a detail that impacts the overall on-foot lock or the overall look of the shoe whatsoever. But OK, pass and wait it out another 5-7 years for the next retro and hope it has 23. I mean, think about that for a second. Christ, if it's that big of a deal to you, remove the 45 and get that iron-on 23 kit from eBay and follow the tutorials on YouTube. It can't be that difficult.
I'm pretty OG-picky/OCD about the stuff I buy anymore, but the reactions to these potentially having a 45 on them are a bit wild. Respect to you guys who are so mad, though. For me--and again, I way prefer the 23--it's so inconsequential to what makes 11s bad ***.

You know, I have to say: I totally get why we all prefer the 23 on the heel. But people are going to pass on what should be the best retro yet (based on Concords and SJs) of this actual shoe because of a .75-inch-tall number on the back that will eventually start to wear off, anyway? A number basically no one can even see from more than five feet away? I can't wrap my head around that. Putting 45 on these, if it really happens, is definitely stupid as **** but it's not a detail that impacts the overall on-foot lock or the overall look of the shoe whatsoever. But OK, pass and wait it out another 5-7 years for the next retro and hope it has 23. I mean, think about that for a second. Christ, if it's that big of a deal to you, remove the 45 and get that iron-on 23 kit from eBay and follow the tutorials on YouTube. It can't be that difficult.
I'm pretty OG-picky/OCD about the stuff I buy anymore, but the reactions to these potentially having a 45 on them are a bit wild. Respect to you guys who are so mad, though. For me--and again, I way prefer the 23--it's so inconsequential to what makes 11s bad ***.

Dude, you typed exactly what I was thinking. If these are constructed like the Concord's, no way I'm passing even with a 45 on the back. 23 makes the most sense with this colorway, but no way in hell I'm passing if they knock it out of the park.

Dude, you typed exactly what I was thinking. If these are constructed like the Concord's, no way I'm passing even with a 45 on the back. 23 makes the most sense with this colorway, but no way in hell I'm passing if they knock it out of the park.
Yeah, exactly. The ******* number on the back has nothing to do with what makes OG 11s ... 11s. Man, I just want the 23, too. But boycotting these because of it? If the rest of it is on-point in terms of the actual shoe? OK, then. I wear my 11s way more often with open-leg sweatpants so no one will ever see it, anyway LOL
But full disclosure and, of course YOU already know, I HAVE to buy this retro because if I wait for the next one, I'll be 179 years old :rofl:

I'd prefer the 23, but I wouldn't let that number make me pass if I really liked the 11's.

My issue with the 11's is that due to my wide foot I jump up to a 14 and then there is more room in the length that is prone to creasing. The patent leather looks like crap when creased.

Look some people like myself want 23 and some people want 45. Some want either number to be stitched or screen printed. But you know what, what difference does it make? It's Bred 11's! Regardless which number is put on the back, being either printed or stitched, I'll still get them. Cause' after all the Bred is my favorite colorway on the 11's. And these better be on point too. And it should be True red instead of Varsity red.

Last edited:
Even though I’m not interested in them, I think it’s great that they will be releasing an ample amount for those that want them.

Back
Top Bottom