Air Jordan 11 Low IE OG black red

And they actually have better toe and tongue leather than the OG 13 retros. When you push on these toes, they’re actually somewhat pliable. Try the same thing on a pair of 13s lol.
The 13’s again, huh. :lol:

Well, any shoe from Payless has better tongue and toe leather than the 13. Been wearing my 13’s for two months now and no creases. >D

The 13’s again, huh. :lol:

Well, any shoe from Payless has better tongue and toe leather than the 13. Been wearing my 13’s for two months now and no creases. >D
Don’t you know, that’s a GOOD thing according to NT years ago LOL
The other thing about the toe SHAPE … it’s all over the place these days. Some of the toe boxes on these that I have are lower/sleeker than others. Same thing on my 2018 Concords. The pair of Concords I wear, both shoes have amazingly slanted low toe boxes. The pair I sold recently was COMPLETELY different and bulbous/blocky. My two remaining DS pairs are in between. The inconsistencies are annoying for sure. Who even knows what the actual build specs from Nike are compared to what the factories end up making.

Don’t you know, that’s a GOOD thing according to NT years ago LOL
The other thing about the toe SHAPE … it’s all over the place these days. Some of the toe boxes on these that I have are lower/sleeker than others. Same thing on my 2018 Concords. The pair of Concords I wear, both shoes have amazingly slanted low toe boxes. The pair I sold recently was COMPLETELY different and bulbous/blocky. My two remaining DS pairs are in between. The inconsistencies are annoying for sure. Who even knows what the actual build specs from Nike are compared to what the factories end up making.
I think that's the deal with my pairs tongue length
I probably just got a pair with a bad cut while there's pairs out there with a perfect cut

Biggest complaint with these is that seam on the toe, which stands out more because the leather is slightly shiny. The toe area in general looks weird from the top down but I think these are great overall. Very comfortable for me and the shoe looks good on foot. I’ve always loved these and wondered why they refused to retro them until this year.

It’s a shame because if you look back, they only added that seam to accommodate the mesh upper on the space jam pair and simply couldn’t be bothered to go back to the proper mold.

Would be a 10/10 retro without that issue, which is minor.

On eBay a seller threw an offer of $148 when it's listed for retail. I'm not watching the listing only looked at it(didn't know it does that thought only on watched items from what I experienced. Have to fix my car so gotta pass for now. He got a few sizes (seller is urbanctrl) if you want to reach out to him and ask for that same price.

Biggest complaint with these is that seam on the toe, which stands out more because the leather is slightly shiny. The toe area in general looks weird from the top down but I think these are great overall. Very comfortable for me and the shoe looks good on foot. I’ve always loved these and wondered why they refused to retro them until this year.

It’s a shame because if you look back, they only added that seam to accommodate the mesh upper on the space jam pair and simply couldn’t be bothered to go back to the proper mold.

Would be a 10/10 retro without that issue, which is minor.
Honestly if I didn’t know better I’d probably not even notice the stupid toe seam. But you’re 💯 that it’s dopey they even have it. But I’ll literally probably be dead by the time these ever get done again, let alone done better. So I’m just gonna wear these everywhere and enjoy every second rather than worrying about tiny little details for once.
‘Bout to traipse all over the neighborhood in these for some trick or treating with my dude LOL

These are sitting in every size but 11.5. I got a pair though I’m good lol. Not complaining.

I haven’t seen a single pair in person at Champs, Footlocker or the Nike Store in my town. Doesn’t mean they haven’t been there for a minute, but not when I was there.

…and I do the circuit about once a week.

But I’ll literally probably be dead by the time these ever get done again, let alone done better. So I’m just gonna wear these everywhere and enjoy every second rather than worrying about tiny little details for once.
You’ll definitely be dead. Definitely.

How about the squeaking though? How about that detail.

You’ll definitely be dead. Definitely.

How about the squeaking though? How about that detail.
Good timing. I literally just solved the problem.

Turns out the WD40 method still works despite Nike changing the two little holes in the forefoot and heel of the strobel, where the holes are now filled in with a plastic overlay. I now think, upon closer inspection, that the “overlay” is actually a film right on top of the air bag.

So I stuck my WD40 straw directly onto the “holes” and gave a short burst. I could see the WD40 spread from under the strobel, not on top. I then I gave two quick hits to both the left and right sides of the strobel in the forefoot and heel areas. Shook the shoes, let them air out for 45 min. Relaced them, put them on … squeaking GONE.

I had thought it was the insoles squeaking but turns out it was indeed coming from the actual midsoles.

I am ECSTATIC right now 🤣💥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Good timing. I literally just solved the problem.

Turns out the WD40 method still works despite Nike changing the two little holes in the forefoot and heel of the strobel, where the holes are now filled in with a plastic overlay. I now think, upon closer inspection, that the “overlay” is actually a film right on top of the air bag.

So I stuck my WD40 straw directly onto the “holes” and gave a short burst. I could see the WD40 spread from under the strobel, not on top. I then I gave two quick hits to both the left and right sides of the strobel in the forefoot and heel areas. Shook the shoes, let them air out for 45 min. Relaced them, put them on … squeaking GONE.

I had thought it was the insoles squeaking but turns out it was indeed coming from the actual midsoles.

I am ECSTATIC right now 🤣💥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Be careful using WD-40
what you need is a dry lube its a powder-based graphite lube that won't affect the glue. WD-40 can remove glue or free glued items depending on the type of glue. contact cement is no exception and it is the type of glue used on shoes. you can get different types of dry lube with syringe-type applicators that would be perfect for this. what happens is the air sole units are not glued or coated in any way and they wiggle in place and can squeak.

Be careful using WD-40
what you need is a dry lube its a powder-based graphite lube that won't affect the glue. WD-40 can remove glue or free glued items depending on the type of glue. contact cement is no exception and it is the type of glue used on shoes. you can get different types of dry lube with syringe-type applicators that would be perfect for this. what happens is the air sole units are not glued or coated in any way and they wiggle in place and can squeak.

Noted. I'm not using very much WD40 at all in this process, but I will keep an eye on it. The pair of Navy Snake XI lows I tried this on for the first time five or six months ago and have a worn a fair amount since have not had any issues. But I see the dry lube product you are talking about, I will grab a can and try it the next time this problem arises. And I have enough XIs that it definitely will arise LOL

13's have sucked for years.. I never see anyone talk about it and every time I bring it up..dudes are like huh? Glad you peeped rainking rainking I hate my 2020 Flints and don't buy any 13's. Might come out for the 'Brave' Blue Hi's though.

13's have sucked for years.. I never see anyone talk about it and every time I bring it up..dudes are like huh? Glad you peeped rainking rainking I hate my 2020 Flints and don't buy any 13's. Might come out for the 'Brave' Blue Hi's though.
JB has made me hate 13's.

Only joints I'd think about rocking casually nowadays are probably the Homes, or the He got games, as the youngins call em.
Don't get spoonmanofthehour spoonmanofthehour started on the 13s :lol:
H headdetective I agree. I still really like my 2018 black toes (HGGs, which I normally refuse to call them), they just look dope AF on foot. KanyIZZY KanyIZZY the 2020 flints are the only other pair of 13s I have. Have barely worn them, but they do look pretty good despite the things that are wrong with them (and the black toes). At least the Zoom in those 13 retros is actually good and bouncy, they are comfortable to wear. But yeah, wish they'd make them better, along with most of the stuff in the JB retro catalog. Was wearing my silver tongue fire red Vs again just the other day ... every time I pull those out, I'm shocked at what a good job they did on them (other than the weird tongue). The shape is really good, and they're comfortable as well. Crazy they're still selling for not much more than retail, people really missing the boat on those. Not that I care what other people think, but it's strange to me how much people will pay for total trash retros while the fire reds just sit there basically unnoticed. It's an insult to that shoe LOL

Was at Riverhead outlets in NY yesterday and they had these and some other decent kicks, but they were behind the counter and some were only 1 per person.

Also if you have the Nike app and scan your member pass you get 20% off.

I didn't buy any though just got some socks and some hoodies.

20211030_114536.jpg

Was at Riverhead outlets in NY yesterday and they had these and some other decent kicks, but they were behind the counter and some were only 1 per person.

20211030_114536.jpg
Infrared’s would’ve been a definite cop.

Infrared’s would’ve been a definite cop.

I thought about it especially at $140 or whatever it was gonna cost with the 20% off, but I'm just not into kicks like how I used to be.

For all the crap Nike has put me/us through all these years I just don't get excited about kicks anymore like that.

Also, I still have 2000, and every retro of Infrareds DS that came out after the OG's so it's kind of like meh.

I just didn't have these IE XI lows and wasn't sure when they would get released decently again.

20211030_114536.jpg
This would be an excellent photo for the “heel contrast” crowd 😂

Also, I think you might be literally the only person in here who woulda passed on the infrareds lol. Even people that already have a pair or two or three.

This would be an excellent photo for the “heel contrast” crowd 😂

Also, I think you might be literally the only person in here who woulda passed on the infrareds lol. Even people that already have a pair or two or three.
I probably would've bought a fourth pair of the fire red Vs with that discount and still not the VIs :lol:
I haven't had a pair of VIs since the OG infrareds. They just aren't my style anymore. Only VI I've wanted was the Carmines last year, but no way I was spending a dollar on those with all the pinkgate issues. I remain sixless. A new, well-done pair of white/infras might get me, though.

Back
Top Bottom