Air Jordan 1 x UNION LA Thread

I kinda had a feeling they would. Does that apply to all sneakers? Or just recently released hype? I've always heard how Japan is one of the meccas of sneakers and was kinda hoping to find some lowkey steals out there.
Forget finding a good deal in Japan. Most are double. Even not as hyped shoes. When I was there the OW AJ Chicago was going for $1250 here in the states, it was about $2200 there. Even the multi color Vapor Max was over $350. Most of the sneaker stores/reselling stores are in Harajuku and they’re ready to rape you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don’t buy in Japan. There’s a reason all the tourists stop by truest and would rather buy from there. I’m surprised they do with their prices, but I’m sure they just put it up in the consignment shops back home for a profit

dang, gonna keep my eyes peeled regardless. I plan to fully enjoy as much of the country as i possibly can while over there so its all good.

I can’t decide on the stock laces or yellow ones. Before I got the shoes I figured yellow, but now after lacing one of them I’m not sure anymore.

Attachments

• 0FB3F65F-062B-42E0-B535-AFE04CD55823.jpeg
    0FB3F65F-062B-42E0-B535-AFE04CD55823.jpeg
    289.2 KB · Views: 48
post away
If it’s just poor quality control from Nike then it is what it is. I just want to make sure they’re legit. It’s a size 7 so they shape might be a little different than the bigger sizes usually look.
Sorry for all the pics...
CEBEEE0E-1F11-4501-B0FF-EECACAFE1FE8.jpeg
D84A612A-6ED4-40EC-8134-56EDF6158AF1.jpeg
05337159-1EA9-4FE2-8027-A89339BA00CD.jpeg
FE6B2121-3B98-4873-9AEA-E48CAFCD7479.jpeg
9DA6B03D-90CE-4758-8209-8FABB3B7B015.jpeg
30591484-BA84-479F-8371-12319582ECD5.jpeg
20782083-2B0E-424D-ABF2-C9DE7D228068.jpeg
574348D9-1D25-4FA1-A522-0AB999D9CB35.jpeg
896CED81-5565-492A-A2EF-C7A1A3C2D34F.jpeg

I can’t decide on the stock laces or yellow ones. Before I got the shoes I figured yellow, but now after lacing one of them I’m not sure anymore.

These are just going to be one of very few pairs that I'll take the time to swap laces in when the mood hits me because I agree that it's hard to make a clear pick.

I had the yellow joints in when I wore mine the first time, but I've thrown the original pair back in them since.

the only thing that's kept me from an irrational purchase of these is that I own the OG black toes. if not for having those, I'd probably have caved in & bought one version of these. props to everyone who got a pair one way or another, these are hard.

the only thing that's kept me from an irrational purchase of these is that I own the OG black toes. if not for having those, I'd probably have caved in & bought one version of these. props to everyone who got a pair one way or another, these are hard.

Buy them anyway, black toes will be retroed way before these become more available.

Union black toe > black toe

But besides that, having black toes isn’t a good reason to pass on Unions lol. They have so many differences. Overall design and idea, materials, stitching, midsole, Neutral Grey upper, etc.

Buy them anyway, black toes will be retroed way before these become more available.

Unions will never retro :lol:

These are just going to be one of very few pairs that I'll take the time to swap laces in when the mood hits me because I agree that it's hard to make a clear pick.

I had the yellow joints in when I wore mine the first time, but I've thrown the original pair back in them since.

Yeah. I think I’m going to put the black pair back in them. I think... :rolleyes

dang, gonna keep my eyes peeled regardless. I plan to fully enjoy as much of the country as i possibly can while over there so its all good.

Not to mention it can be hard to find sizes over a 10, and you always have to question the legitimacy of pricey items found in hole in the wall boutiques.

The exchange rate might still be pretty good so you can get the upper hand on certain goods. You may find deals in the second hand market which is big business over there. Either way make sure to keep your passport around since stores offer tax free shopping.

do the og laces gradually fade from black to the other color or is simply black then suddenly the other color?

Back
Top Bottom