Air Jordan 1 x UNION LA Thread

I feel like if I bought the blues Id be less likely to wear them knowing how limited they are compared to the blatos

like in 2 years, one might be like 2500 and the other like 1000

Is anyone going through that mental struggle?

I feel like if I bought the blues Id be less likely to wear them knowing how limited they are compared to the blatos

like in 2 years, one might be like 2500 and the other like 1000

Is anyone going through that mental struggle?

lol 2 types of people in this world..

Nah man.. just wear them lol. Unless you're a collector whats the point.
I mean, as a graphic artist I kind of like the idea of collecting the niche collabs like the neckbeards and these unions. I like when Nike lets people go the distance and have sort of the "artist's" personal touch on them like the cord on one and the stitching/laces on the other. Something Nike would never bother putting the effort into if left to their own devices. These kinds of shoes done well hit the spot for me

then after they reach a certain threshold it starts to feel irresponsible financially to wear them. But then why should someone with money get to wear them instead of me? I applaud those that can just jump in the pool

when a personal collection gets traded in for one of these
attachment_1.jpg

one or two of my favorite pairs and some boots will do

I mean, as a graphic artist I kind of like the idea of collecting the niche collabs like the neckbeards and these unions. I like when Nike lets people go the distance and have sort of the "artist's" personal touch on them like the cord on one and the stitching/laces on the other. Something Nike would never bother putting the effort into if left to their own devices. These kinds of shoes done well hit the spot for me

then after they reach a certain threshold it starts to feel irresponsible financially to wear them. But then why should someone with money get to wear them instead of me? I applaud those that can just jump in the pool

To me that's similar to a collecting perspective so I understand where you're coming from.

Wasn’t it only a half size dirrence? All that trouble for half a size when you can’t even tell the difference? Sure hope you weren’t attached to those shoes, no way you get them back.
I'll be sure to @ you when they come back in the correct size first then. Idk about your foot, but .5 up for me makes it look like I have clown feet.

I'll be sure to @ you when they come back in the correct size first then. Idk about your foot, but .5 up for me makes it look like I have clown feet.
Thats where im at with the clays, i dont know what they did but they did it wrong with those

theyre about to be demoted to lifting shoes for leg day

Man wonder if the bigger sized blues will drop any more at all. Kinda wanna down size a little bit and those would be a nice trade for a few pairs.

No point in keeping shoes DS imo.. unless you’re planning on selling them at some point in time, just rock them lol

I think thats his point.
He sees them as investment, rather than just a pair of shoes. He believes the shoe could have a much more substantial resell price one day, so if he wears them, that hinders his ability to maximize the profit he can earn down the line.

Me personally, I own PE's/Samples, etc. So if it is in my size, i'll rock a few times, so they don't crack later, but I won't trash them by any means, so I understand his perspective, because for me the value for those type of shoes is not comparable to a released shoe. But shoes that release at retail, i don't often have that "struggle" as he mentioned, because I know I can replace them if need be.

I think he & only he, can say what must be done, because we all have different thoughts when acquiring any shoe. I can say wear it, someone else say rock it, but neither of us know if owning or selling the shoe is more important for the person, then the person himself.

tonytobacco tonytobacco

PO

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom