Air Jordan 1 "Top Three" To Release This Holiday (555088-026 $160)

Just "tennis" tho? I'm bout to go cop some tennis? Why not say shoes since they're tennis shoes?

It's like saying basketball shorts or ball shorts, you say you bout to go cop some shorts not "bout to go cop some basketball" lol that Baltimore slang a whole nother story

That's ill, you've gotta bless us with those photos of you wearing them my man.
 You know one of the best parts of this story is that it's a throwback to when it was really all about the love of the shoe and, at least for me, coveting a pair cause I wanted to be like Mike.

These days with resellers running the game, you're really not sure what to make of it half the time. Shout out to those old enough to know what it was like in the late 80's through early 90's. 

And yeah, sharing those pics one day would be dope. 
As requested fellas...found a few from back in '91 ballin' in high school with the OG Carmine 6 and in '92 with the OG Raptor 7. 

Hand Down, Man Down lol

Still couldn't D me up

90% from the stripe, and that's why I'm shooting the technical foul

Fadeaway, just like Mike

Puttin it in the cup for 2

Last edited:

@wHipLAshTw03   Thanks for sharing! Always awesome to see pics of the popular OG's in their actual time. 
For sure bro, anytime. Looking at my old pics transported me back in time to the days when people who bought J's wore them right out the store and straight onto the court. I wish I still had my OG's but I beat them to death playing indoor and outdoor hoops, to the point where each and every one of my OG's from '89-'94 eventually fell apart to pieces, literally.

Just "tennis" tho? I'm bout to go cop some tennis? Why not say shoes since they're tennis shoes?

It's like saying basketball shorts or ball shorts, you say you bout to go cop some shorts not "bout to go cop some basketball" lol that Baltimore slang a whole nother story

:lol:
it's just bmore slang. it's kinda like in casual convo we say "cause" instead "because." it just rolls off the tongue better/easier for us.

Last edited:
For sure bro, anytime. Looking at my old pics transported me back in time to the days when people who bought J's wore them right out the store and straight onto the court. I wish I still had my OG's but I beat them to death playing indoor and outdoor hoops, to the point where each and every one of my OG's from '89-'94 eventually fell apart to pieces, literally.

What's up with those short shorts, bro? :lol:

I kid, my High School had even shorter. Too bad I don't have pics of me balling in High School with my Fire Red 3's.

Last edited:
What's up with those short shorts, bro?
laugh.gif

I kid, my High School had even shorter. Too bad I don't have pics of me balling in High School with my Fire Red 3's.
Yeah man, them short shorts had to go. But peep how I was rockin' the Bike compression shorts underneath, just like Mike did 
wink.gif

The only reason I have some action pics from high school was because a couple of them were published in the Long Beach Press Telegram and the sports editor, who was a friend of my teammate's dad, was kind enough to give me several of the original photos.

Last edited:
Word, those were the days. Thanks for sharing btw; it's good to come across original heads and individuals who have had a passion for this since Mike was doing it.

well like you referenced with basketball shorts, you wouldn't say I'm about to go cop some basketballs, because you would be buying basketballs, if I say I'm bout to cop some tennis what else would I be talking about

Decided to pull the trigger at the x. Took my bid @ $206 shipping is $13.95 minus $25.00 first time buyer came out to $194.95. Not a word about tax. I will probably load some pics for you guys to triple authenticate them. If anyone is still around when I get them.

well like you referenced with basketball shorts, you wouldn't say I'm about to go cop some basketballs, because you would be buying basketballs, if I say I'm bout to cop some tennis what else would I be talking about

someone overstands... thank you!

:D

Last edited:
This. The Air Jordan legacy transcends generations. In this case, three in my clan.

I'm in my 40s and my pops and uncles are well into their late 60s and even they are still rocking Jordans to this day. My teenage son has a handful of pairs.
kend Pops takes his Harley out for a cruise and there are times hen old dude is rockin' the OG Playoff 12s I bought for him in the 90s when takin' his chromed out softail deuce custom for a ride.
'
First, great to hear that you and your Uncles still rock the Jordan's. Very cool. I'm also a Harley owner, thus my name.

Second, as an older connoisseur myself, I also purchased the Playoff 12's when they first released, I still have my wearable pair to this day.
Not to digress but I still have my original receipt showing I purchased them from "Sneaker Stadium" flagstaff store in Paramus NJ.
Any of you guys remember this sneaker retailer? It was hands down the best sneaker retailer in the business. Basketball courts, tryout tracks, large video screens, tv's with loops of basketball games, pinball machines, etc. Throw on a pair of Jordan's and have at it on the court to see if you liked them and best of all, no pressure to purchase.

Third, I'm older than MJ but younger than Keith Richards. Did anyone see those red NIke's Keith's been rocking out lately? He was wearing them at the big concert in CA last month.

Forth, those old photos were slick and reminded me that I have an old video tape of myself as a teenager playing ball for my school team in 1975.
It shows me proudly wearing my customized Puma Clyde Frazier's. Before NIke's, you were nothing if you didn't own a pair of Puma Clyde's. Most players used Pro Keds, Converse and occasionally Adidas. And yes, back in 75 we were customizing the sneakers. Several of my teammates followed my lead and dyed the puma Swoosh from black to bright orange to match our uniforms. I'll never forget my late Mother freaking out at the price of the Puma's. The going price for Pro Keds, Converse were about 11-12 bucks back then, the Puma's on the other hand were about double, 25 bucks.

Last edited:
Most def. We're the generation where sneaker culture really blew up. Back in the day when my parents took me to the mall to get their shopping in, I would tell them to leave me at the shoe store so I could stare at the wall of sneakers for a while. They would never drop the dough on a pair of J's for me tho. Usually had to compromise on a Nike Air cross trainer or a Reebok Pump on sale. :lol:  So a lot of it for me now is just enjoying what I didn't get to as a kid, but also reminiscing back to a much more simple time. Wife kinda rolls her eyes at my habit, but it's my time to shine!!! LOL. 

:pimp:  Appreciate it fam.
Man! You just took me down memory lane! My mom was willing to get them for me but they never had my size. Grew up in a small town with only a Hibbets so if I didn't get there on release day I would miss out a lot. I'd usually end up with some Reebok Pump, Command Force, Uptempos, Diamond Turfs, etc.

As requested fellas...found a few from back in '91 ballin' in high school with the OG Carmine 6 and in '92 with the OG Raptor 7. 

Hand Down, Man Down lol
View media item 2249539

Still couldn't D me up
View media item 2249540

90% from the stripe, and that's why I'm shooting the technical foul
View media item 2249541

Fadeaway, just like Mike
View media item 2249542

Puttin it in the cup for 2
View media item 2249543
That's cool man! I grew up in a small town and we never got the Carmines. Most of the releases we'd only get 2 colorways until later on in his career by the time the 10s released.

someone overstands... thank you!

:D

Hold on hold on hold on, if I say I'm bout to go cop some shoes, everybody understands. When I say I'm bout to go cop some shorts, everybody understands. If I simply say I'm bout to go cop some tennis, bmore heads will interpret it the same way as if I had just said I'm bout to go cop some shoes but everybody else would just look at you sideways like how you bout to go buy a sport? Maybe if I'm pronouncing it as "tenn-ies" like "I'm bout to go cop some tennies". I get that part

First, great to hear that you and your Uncles still rock the Jordan's. Very cool. I'm also a Harley owner, thus my name.

Second, as an older connoisseur myself, I also purchased the Playoff 12's when they first released, I still have my wearable pair to this day.
Not to digress but I still have my original receipt showing I purchased them from "Sneaker Stadium" flagstaff store in Paramus NJ.
Any of you guys remember this sneaker retailer? It was hands down the best sneaker retailer in the business. Basketball courts, tryout tracks, large video screens, tv's with loops of basketball games, pinball machines, etc. Throw on a pair of Jordan's and have at it on the court to see if you liked them and best of all, no pressure to purchase.

Third, I'm older than MJ but younger than Keith Richards. Did anyone see those red NIke's Keith's been rocking out lately? He was wearing them at the big concert in CA last month.

Forth, those old photos were slick and reminded me that I have an old video tape of myself as a teenager playing ball for my school team in 1975.
It shows me proudly wearing my customized Puma Clyde Frazier's. Before NIke's, you were nothing if you didn't own a pair of Puma Clyde's. Most players used Pro Keds, Converse and occasionally Adidas. And yes, back in 75 we were customizing the sneakers. Several of my teammates followed my lead and dyed the puma Swoosh from black to bright orange to match our uniforms. I'll never forget my late Mother freaking out at the price of the Puma's. The going price for Pro Keds, Converse were about 11-12 bucks back then, the Puma's on the other hand were about double, 25 bucks.
Yeah man, I find it very amusing to see my old *** uncles still rockin' their J's and Pippens but then I realize that they were once just as young as we were and they grew up on Jordans just like I did. But it's even cooler to see them riding their Harleys with Jordans on...you don't see that every day.

Didn't get to see the red Nikes he was wearing but Keith Richards is definitely legendary status. It's even more bad*** that he rocks sneakers during the Stones' performances.

Never had Puma Clyde's (my Pops used to rock Adidas Superstar High Tops because his favorite player was Kareem) but I do have a Frazier Knicks jersey that I rock with my Knicks 1s. And damn, to think Puma Clyde's were only 25 bucks back then but considered "expensive" in relation to Converse and Pro Keds is something to behold. That's an awesome story man, especially about the customizing you and your homies did back in '75. Let's you know that some things never change. Kids still doin' the same thing to do this day.

Would be great to see footage of that video tape of yourself ballin' in '75!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom