Air Jordan 1 High "OG" Celtics - April 6th 2013 Vol. Updates Always on Page 1

i bought these...i wanted to go a little left field from the black/blue/red/white/gray overload

when i break these out its gonna feel refreshing

OK, you just stated a consumer, a regular one.
JB creates false hype by limiting production numbers. Someone that doesn't know RDs, and stumbles across this release may, or may not buy them. I see what you're saying. Basically, JB needs to produce more pairs, to have pairs sit. So when Joe-shmoe "Happens" to come across a retro, he's hooked into collecting.

I believe the people at Nike/JB have analyst to project long term growth. They don't care about the new "collector". They care about selling out every RD with little/low production cost to make high profit returns. When they reel in new consumers buying out Spizikes and SOM. They are laughing all the way to the bank.

But these 1’s are the cheapest Jordans to manufacture. So why not make more pairs to satisfy the demand??? That Lost Profit Opportunity is something that could line their pockets. But Nike/JB is smart. It takes money to make money. A little less money now, makes more money later. Creating hype, leading to thirst, then buying something else to quench the thirst. (If they strike out)

I know exactly why, but I am not getting into this discussion. Dealing with some people (not saying you, you definitely seem smart) who won't understand the simple concept gives me a brain aneurysm.

They care about the collector. Familiar with the 80/20 rule? It is a rule of business that 80% of your revenues come from the same 20% of customers. People of Niketalk spend several times as much on shoes as the average consumer. Every businessman and marketer knows this. When shoes stop trending the loyal fanbase is all they are going to have left. Air Force 1s are still the highest selling shoe despite being "out". SBs are still very profitable due to their loyal fanbase.

If anything they care about the collectors more. It doesnt seem that way to many NTers because they care about the new collectors, not the OGs.

But you are right. While Jordans are trending they will be whoring out non numbered and hybrid jordans until it goes out of style.

Last edited:
I know exactly why, but I am not getting into this discussion. Dealing with some people (not saying you, you definitely seem smart) who won't understand the simple concept gives me a brain aneurysm.

They care about the collector. Familiar with the 80/20 rule? It is a rule of business that 80% of your revenues come from the same 20% of customers. People of Niketalk spend several times as much on shoes as the average consumer. Every businessman and marketer knows this. When shoes stop trending the loyal fanbase is all they are going to have left. Air Force 1s are still the highest selling shoe despite being "out". SBs are still very profitable due to their loyal fanbase.

If anything they care about the collectors more. It doesnt seem that way to many NTers because they care about the new collectors, not the OGs.

But you are right. While Jordans are trending they will be whoring out non numbered and hybrid jordans until it goes out of style.

I agree totally repped.

I just got a pair off ebay for $140 shipped. There is a seller there with a near fsr BIN for that price. Seller is 100% legit. I would post the link but that IA frowned upon. Just do a search and they will come up. I couldn't pass for that price
The seller is kicksgear1.

I just got a pair off ebay for $140 shipped. There is a seller there with a near fsr BIN for that price. Seller is 100% legit. I would post the link but that IA frowned upon. Just do a search and they will come up. I couldn't pass for that price
The seller is kicksgear1.
i payd 121. tax included

So how do these fit? Never owned a pair of 1s. Thinking about copping off of city sole but wanted to know rather I should get a 10.5 or 11. 10.5 in most shoes

IDK what you guys are saying. Not TTS. Half size large imo. My true size is 11.5 however it seems most recent retroes are a half size large so I get 11s.

Whatever you have been getting for recent retroes is what you should get for these.

since these are sitting round i was thinking bout copping a second pair and customizing the green to blk and have wht/blk/gold og 1s...

Back
Top Bottom