Air Jordan 1 High “Black Toe” – 2013 NO buying,selling-trading

First off, here are two pairs of royals. the left is a 8.5 and the right is a 9. This comparison is to show that the shoes are similar and the comparison to the black toes does not only apply to my pair.

These are both size 9. As you can see, they are about the same height. They are both a little unleveled so it's throwing it off a bit. btw, does anyone else think that the right shoe on all 1s is always unleveled?

If you look closely, you can see that the heel tab of the royals is much shorter than that of the black toes.

but, you can also see that the top portion above the swoosh is bigger on the royals than on the black toes. this makes them come out to the same height

In all the pics, you can also see that the little piece above the swoosh towards the back that is connected to the side panels is bigger on the black toes than on the royals. This adds a little more to the length differences of the pieces

Hope this helps. Good luck to everyone tomorrow
Thanks for the pics. This is just normal variability or manufacturing tolerance.  I have 2 pairs of royals that are different heights, have different sized squares on the heel etc.  These 1s seem to have a lot of variability.

Just Got The Call That My Partner Locked Down 7 Pairs From Europe Shipped At $198 A Piece :nthat:

Now Hopefully Things Go Smoothly Locally As Well :nerd:

Debating if I should get two pair of black toes or one pair of black toes and the bred 4's. :rolleyes Decisions decisions...

Debating if I should get two pair of black toes or one pair of black toes and the bred 4's.
eyes.gif
Decisions decisions...
Get all 3

Debating on making a Chicago 1 custom with one pair, but I already know JB will likely drop those in the future. Plus I already have the pair from this year.

it would probably be easier/less expensive to just change the tag or tongue on your Chicagos and undo the jump man on the heel

Debating on making a Chicago 1 custom with one pair, but I already know JB will likely drop those in the future. Plus I already have the pair from this year.
I feel like it'd be tough to match the manufacturer's red vs the red paint you use 100%. And repainting all of the red and painting around the wings logo is a pain in the **** I wouldn't want to bother with.

First off, here are two pairs of royals. the left is a 8.5 and the right is a 9. This comparison is to show that the shoes are similar and the comparison to the black toes does not only apply to my pair.

These are both size 9. As you can see, they are about the same height. They are both a little unleveled so it's throwing it off a bit. btw, does anyone else think that the right shoe on all 1s is always unleveled?

If you look closely, you can see that the heel tab of the royals is much shorter than that of the black toes.

but, you can also see that the top portion above the swoosh is bigger on the royals than on the black toes. this makes them come out to the same height

In all the pics, you can also see that the little piece above the swoosh towards the back that is connected to the side panels is bigger on the black toes than on the royals. This adds a little more to the length differences of the pieces

Hope this helps. Good luck to everyone tomorrow
thanks for taking the time and doing that good brother 
nthat.gif

got 1 pair to pick up, going for a second online good luck to all ,and please no pics like the grapes because im not trying to see any toe pics 
laugh.gif

My pair from SP just shipped. So happy. Now I can enjoy my trip to Hawaii. Will be seeing the fiasco at the Ala Moa footlocker tomorrow

it would probably be easier/less expensive to just change the tag or tongue on your Chicagos and undo the jump man on the heel

I already did that. I put pics in the Chicago 1 thread awhile back. It's just that the synthetic leather sucks. But after hearing these arent as good as the Knicks & Royals makes me not even think there's much a difference.

I feel like it'd be tough to match the manufacturer's red vs the red paint you use 100%. And repainting all of the red and painting around the wings logo is a pain in the **** I wouldn't want to bother with.

It would be a pain, but I could match the heel red and just strip the black paint off the toe and easily make it red. But ima hold off cuz I can see JB dropping Chicagos correctly in the future. Ima just leave them be, and make my blk tongue custom on the other pair.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom