Air Jordan 1 High “Black Toe” – 2013 NO buying,selling-trading

No one was hyped about royals? There was like two or three royal threads BEFORE they came out. That thread was a lot more active than this one.

Anyone know the release info on HOH in Roosevelt field mall NY?

I called yesterday and the girl that answered told me "we're giving out tickets at 8am on Friday." I'm at the mall at 8 today and no one was effing there. This is my first time trying to buy from a store as I usually just order online. I feel like I got punk'd!! Lol

Ill try calling once they open again.

^ i guess HOH changes their policy for store to store? mine did raffles yesterday and the day before

^ i guess HOH changes their policy for store to store? mine did raffles yesterday and the day before
Thanks for the info... That's what I've heard, they usually do it wed & Thursday, But this is my first time so I figured if I called and asked they would give me the right info, guess not. All those stories I've read of employees giving wrong info is pretty dead on I guess.

Last edited:
No one was hyped about royals? There was like two or three royal threads BEFORE they came out. That thread was a lot more active than this one.
no there was not! not before release bro there was 1 thread before release date with 100+ pages come on now... it blew up after..

After the original release, 1s basically sat because new styles were being released every year or so. the first retro showed up right about when Jordan came back prompting xi's not long after. By 01 they killed em trying to get a cw to catch on i think. They made like 50k pair which is a lot. Then he unretired again. All that time new pairs kept coming out. Its like for years gm was pumpin out new camaros, then times changed and they declined till they got axed. Years later they rerelease with a retro look and the rest is history. Everything old becomes new again.

no there was not! not before release bro there was 1 thread before release date with 100+ pages come on now... it blew up after..

Ok, dude...I'm just imaging the threads that got locked because of Kanye discussion :lol:

This wasn't even an original, notice how it says let's not get this one locked

http://niketalk.com/t/519529/official-air-jordan-i-retro-black-royal-thread-feb-2013/0_50

So yes, there was more demand for royals, because you weren't around doesn't mean the rest of us weren't discussing them. :rolleyes

After the original release, 1s basically sat because new styles were being released every year or so. the first retro showed up right about when Jordan came back prompting xi's not long after. By 01 they killed em trying to get a cw to catch on i think. They made like 50k pair which is a lot. Then he unretired again. All that time new pairs kept coming out. Its like for years gm was pumpin out new camaros, then times changed and they declined till they got axed. Years later they rerelease with a retro look and the rest is history. Everything old becomes new again.
that aint the reason they sat though times just changed

struck out with the RSVP service I used, got a refund and a free RSVP for the next time I use them so I cant complain ... these will be more available than the Royals, just depends on the area you're in. Nike is banking on these and the 88 3's tomorrow, we might see a few pairs from the so called restock pop up, but the 1s/3s will be their bread n butter.

Just locked in two pairs of Black Toes in my size for retail + $50 tip.

It's sad things have come to this, but trading these for Denims or Hazelnuts is the only way I can acquire EXT LeBrons now.

The game is so wacked up.

I've only been to NTNY for an RSVP and the line went in waves of crowds earlier on. They were pretty organized tho and it moved pretty fast. I would say go whenever it's easiest for you. Won't make too much of a difference in the end.

Gotta be careful though because during the bred IX launch my twitter handle and name weren't on the list. They had to go in the back room on the computer and find the DM and have me show it to them on the phone. Luckily there were a ton and I got there early so I got my pair but with a limited shoe you don't want to take your chances going late just in case.

Gotta be careful though because during the bred IX launch my twitter handle and name weren't on the list. They had to go in the back room on the computer and find the DM and have me show it to them on the phone. Luckily there were a ton and I got there early so I got my pair but with a limited shoe you don't want to take your chances going late just in case.
yeah id go early

Everybody keeps saying "times have changed." For one thing, these came out in 1985 and it's 2013. Obviously times have changed. What do you guys expect? For the hype to stay the same throughout history? Stop asking why these and royals sat before and are the most hyped now. Back then, basketball shoes were worn for basketball. Today we use them as more of a fashion thing. More people are into their wardrobe than there are basketball players who play in Jordans. That alone makes the shoe more sought after. Also, when Jordans retroed in 94, it was a new concept and it wasn't really accepted. People wanted the shoes that the player was currently wearing. They thought, "why would I want these old models that are 10 years old when the new updated ones are about to come out?" They didn't have the same mind set as us since the shoes were all new. In 2001, the concept of retros was getting more accepted, but not nearly enough to be a sell out. Plus, new shoes were still coming out and people were awaiting a possible return of MJ, which would keep the line going. Today, that's all done. MJ is fully retired. All we have are memories. And retroes are pretty much all we've known. So we have no choice but to buy the retros. But that's not a problem, the shoes are beautiful. Very unique and timeless. But it won't be like the past. CWs like these aren't going to sit and they're gonna be hard to get.

Not directed at anyone. Just felt like talking since I'm up at 6am and can't go back to sleep. Also, I don't really like all the hate towards the new generation of "shoeheads," or shoe collectors or whatever you wanna call them. We're not all here for the hype. I loved MJ because my dad would play his playoff and championship games for me so I could fall asleep to it when I was a kid. I wasn't fortunate to see him play on the Bulls too much, but I still appreciate him just as much as anyone. I'm not too old but I've been lining up alone since I was 6 to get Jordans. That's how I made a lot of my connects. Thanks for reading. No hate if you skipped this long *** rant ahaha

Last edited:
Everybody keeps saying "times have changed." For one thing, these came out in 1985 and it's 2013. Obviously times have changed. What do you guys expect? For the hype to stay the same throughout history? Stop asking why these sat before and are the most hyped now. Back then, basketball shoes were worn for basketball. Today we use them as more of a fashion thing. More people are into their wardrobe than there are basketball players who play in Jordans. That alone makes the shoe more sought after. Also, when Jordans retroed in 94, it was a new concept and it wasn't really accepted. People wanted the shoes that the player was currently wearing. They thought, "why would I want these old models that are 10 years old when the new updated ones are about to come out?" They didn't have the same mind set as us since the shoes were all new. In 2001, the concept of retros was getting more accepted, but not nearly enough to be a sell out. Plus, new shoes were still coming out and people were awaiting a possible return of MJ, which would keep the line going. Today, that's all done. MJ is fully retired. All we have are memories. And retroes are pretty much all we've known. So we have no choice but to buy the retros. But that's not a problem, the shoes are beautiful. Very unique and timeless. But it won't be like the past. CWs like these aren't going to sit and they're gonna be hard to get.

Not directed at anyone. Just felt like talking since I'm up at 6am and can't go back to sleep. Also, I don't really like all the hate towards the new generation of "shoeheads," or shoe collectors or whatever you wanna call them. We're not all here for the hype. I'm not too old but I've been lining up since I was 6. That's how I made a lot of my connects. Thanks for reading. No hate if you skipped this long *** rant ahaha
i agree... im not mad about how things are now or care... i just do me and adapt to the situation.... i actually love all the hype now im not the only person that heart dang near skips a beat cause i see or am able to get a dope sneaker i like. We are just stating the obvious things are different and have changed. change isnt bad though ya know..

I'll be at University Mall it's looking like, only place I know that's carrying them. You local?
yeah but this is starting to look like the royal release (in tampa atleast) so im gunna miss out on this release unless my Europe connect comes through but im cool if he doesnt, i have KOs

Thanks for the info... That's what I've heard, they usually do it wed & Thursday, But this is my first time so I figured if I called and asked they would give me the right info, guess not. All those stories I've read of employees giving wrong info is pretty dead on I guess.

i would consider it a small victory that they even pickedup the phone. They're notorious for misinformation and taking the phone off the hook for the week before a big release. Not to say this is a huge release, but with all the other shoes and rumored restocks I'm surprised you got through.

Back
Top Bottom