Air Jordan 1 Banned NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
have you rocked banneds for a few wears yet?

cuz i've heard they are super comfortable, and then i've heard the opposite.

i haven't unDSed either of my two pairs yet so i don't know.

i heard all the 2013's with OG treatment are super comfortable compared to 2001's... they're not hard to top tho. :lol:

i have the royals and shadows from 2013, unDSed neither, and i haven't scored the bred and black toes yet.

so i'm just curious how you rank the comfort between the banneds and 2013's...

In my opinion, the Banneds are the most comfy AJ 1 that JB has released.

The tongue is plush right on top of your foot, the insole is thick and has way better cushion, and the distressed leather feels great.

On the other hand, I will say they wear down faster than any AJ 1 that I've ever owned.

Within 3 wears, I had killer heel drag and more creases than a pair of 1's I've worn hundreds of times.

Jealous of people who own a pair...

We had one fricken store with these in Toronto who raffled tickets for them.

Why were these released at outlets only?

I remember an outlet right outside of Houston got em but I didnt even try.

Last edited:

It was supposedly a scrapped release OR a test to see how outlets would handle a release that came directly to them, depending on who you hear the story from. None of these made it to regular retail channels back in 2010 when they were supposed to come out and suddenly in late may 2011 they showed up at a few outlets in the Pacific Northwest. Then the word started filtering out that they were going to be available strictly through outlets in the middle of the week in early June. If you were lucky enough to leave near an outlet getting them, it was basically just a show up wait a while and pick up your pair or pairs, most stores enforced a 2 per limit, but I've read and saw people that went through the line several times stocking up on them.

I got 2, ended up selling 1 pair in 2012 right after Christmas for no where near the full value and I hope that the guy that bought them is still happy with them. I know I'm always smiling when I slip the pair I kept on my feet.

Last edited:

Well from my understanding it was to coincide with the banned theme. These were banned from the NBA therefore Nike banned them from general stores and sent them to the outlets.

^ Preciate the responses 

Yea I remember them only dropping at an outlet right outside of Houston but it was like a 45 min drive and i didnt wanna make the drive 

mean.gif
 at me for not even trying.

Heres a video of how it went down at that outlet tho 
laugh.gif

roll.gif
at boys crawling under that fence smh

Last edited:
They also released at the San Marcos outlet. A NTer posted info that they were there. I called my grandpa who lives close by and he managed to get me 2 pair! I gave him gas money and a few extra dollars. Felt so lucky to be able to get them. Never thought my grandpa would help me get a pair of shoes.lol.

So my size 11 is a bit snug and I can live with it. But if anyone can point me in the direction of an 11.5, please PM me. I don't think that size exists lol thanks in advance. 

They also released at the San Marcos outlet. A NTer posted info that they were there. I called my grandpa who lives close by and he managed to get me 2 pair! I gave him gas money and a few extra dollars. Felt so lucky to be able to get them. Never thought my grandpa would help me get a pair of shoes.lol.
That has to be the greatest feeling when most of the time it is your friends helping you out but then it's family in a diff city that comes thru for you.

So my size 11 is a bit snug and I can live with it. But if anyone can point me in the direction of an 11.5, please PM me. I don't think that size exists lol thanks in advance. 

It exists, the pair I kept is an 11.5. The half sizes were the first to really disappear though since collector's bought them up back in 2011.

It exists, the pair I kept is an 11.5. The half sizes were the first to really disappear though since collector's bought them up back in 2011.

Yeah I've checked every site/shop out there. Market is just dried up. Gonna wait it out and hopefully I catch a pair.

To the dude that cop at 6 bills all i see over FC/Ebay are listings sitting for 1k.... Closest i have come on my size was 825 shipped firm so i think you did alright i would say

As far as comfort, the Banneds would've been better with the insole that was used on the Old Love/New Love 1's. Those were just more cushiony and comfortable.

Just dug mine out. The leather is remarkable on these. Literally buttery to the touch. Distressed leather allllll day!

i was just wondering whats market price on these for a DS pair

i found one for 900 and cant really tell if thats a fair price or not

cause i cant find many for sale or the ones on ebay are like skyball high

would i have some wiggle room to talk him down on 900 or should i just take it?

i was just wondering whats market price on these for a DS pair

i found one for 900 and cant really tell if thats a fair price or not

cause i cant find many for sale or the ones on ebay are like skyball high

would i have some wiggle room to talk him down on 900 or should i just take it?
Market is pretty dried up. Might be lucky to find a pair for $750-800. Before buying my pair last week, I searched every site/consignment shop and all I saw was $900-1k. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom