Air Jordan 1 Banned NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to find a pair in that price range, but I think in my case I'm going to need quite a bit of luck :lol: .  Hopefully JB just releases the Chicago colorway minus the Jumpman at the back.  That shoe is what got me into Jordans in the first place.  I'm still baffled that they didn't give the Chicagos the OG treatment this year :smh:

Well if you're a 13 theres been a pair of the '94s up there on eBay for 400 for a while haha.

JB just loves trolling us. Thats why they're giving us the OG branded KO Chicagos next year (copped btw)

Last edited:
Sold my ds pair for $550 pair about a year ago regret it now and looking for another pair but I still have 1 I wear from time 2 time

I hope you can own a pair of Banned's and 13's for yourself. I think you will understand better why I cut for the Banned's so much. There's simply no other jordan like them when you hold a pair. They have a very special feeling.

Exactly!!! The Banned's are in a class of their own. They look and feel like a premium shoe versus the 2013's. The 2013's are a nice shoe but since I'm not big on 1's I just couldn't force myself to buy them after seeing them in person and owning the Banned's.

for the price of banneds you can get OG 1s and shut it down and for less i bet but thats me if im gunna drop a thousand or so on a shoe it will be OG 1s nothing else, 94s are next choice then 01s

i think about the same price as the 2013s maybe a little more

serious?

01s>>>>>13s

im about to start selling my collection and just buy some bred and royals and call it a day.

the only other shoe i care about is the Concords so id keep my pair

got a lot of thinking to do :lol:

someone needs to point me in the right direction of a legit seller with size 11's

ebay is ridiculous and even on NT, not too many are trustworthy

Last edited:
So these just came in today..... Exceptional shoe but... I didn't know these run smaller than all the 2013 OG 1's. These things are tight as hell over the top of my foot. Very tight. Dammittt!!!!!!!!!

dont care if they are higher and dont mind the nubuck swoosh, wish it was leather but meh

the look, quality, and especially the red are better.

13's are nice, dont get me wrong but if they are near the same price.... 01's.
Bingo! Don't know why everybody passed on 01s for 350 and under before these released?! Cuz they are better in my opinion

I don't see how 01s would be considered better, since in terms of cut they are more like recent mids instead of a true high. Unless of course you guys prefer the 01 silhouette over the original.

I had a chance recently to trade my banned 1's for Lebron X Corks...I decided not to go through with that trade. I made the right decision.

^^ Excellent choice. Corks are very overrated. +10 years from now they will be forgotten. Banneds will not.

^^ Excellent choice. Corks are very overrated. +10 years from now they will be forgotten. Banneds will not.

You are correct...I had all weekend to think it over and this shoe is too iconic to let go...it's a real story behind the shoe and that A1 leather ain't a bad touch either!

Exactly!!! The Banned's are in a class of their own. They look and feel like a premium shoe versus the 2013's. The 2013's are a nice shoe but since I'm not big on 1's I just couldn't force myself to buy them after seeing them in person and owning the Banned's.

To say they are on a class on their own is a bit much, don 't you think? As stated earlier, all this argument of quality doesn't hold that much weight when shoes like the 09 Shadows and Vegas ones are not discussed in the same light pertaining to quality as the Banneds. Unless of course it is coming from individuals who actually consider the originals' materials as inferior.

Yoof, the flaw in your argument back there is that nike produced and sold the banneds themselves. just because they retailed for under $200 doesn't mean they didn't use premium leather and the costs to make them weren't more than their average jordans (i'd be willing to bet a lot of the most premium shoes with real leather like balenciaga's, LV's, etc, cost well under $100 to make also, prolly even under $50, even tho they mark them way up from there), doesn't mean they used crap leather and just tumbled it and tried to make it seem premium. you can actually smell the leather on these banneds, you can feel the difference, it's not the plastic crap they usually use.

they definitely did cost more to make than the average 1 retro, but they sold them themselves in their own outlets for MSRP, so they made ALL the money on them (and didn't lose money), instead of only half (or less) when they sell them to others like FTL, FNL, etc.

furthermore, the exclusivity is not the only reason people seek these, but also the quality difference, theme, story, etc...

this shoe was nike and JB's first full acknowledgment of the history behind this shoe, so much so that they included "nike air" for the first time in a decade...

without the banned 1, MJ having the balls to wear them anyways, and nike paying the NBA's fines, it's arguable this site wouldn't even be here, nor would sneaker culture as we know it. not to mention it opened up the doors for athlete endorsement deals, etc.

and for those who want the most premium version available of this iconic shoe and colorway, the banned 1 is the only candidate.

i own OG's from 85, 2001's, and 2 pairs of these banneds, and i firmly believe the quality of the banned 1 is superior.

unless you can prove otherwise, and not just with your speculation of costs to make them, i will continue to believe that. i own enough high quality leather shoes to know the difference.

furthermore, the exclusivity is not the only reason people seek these, but also the quality difference, theme, story, etc...

this shoe was nike and JB's first full acknowledgment of the history behind this shoe, so much so that they included "nike air" for the first time in a decade...

without the banned 1, MJ having the balls to wear them anyways, and nike paying the NBA's fines, it's arguable this site wouldn't even be here, nor would sneaker culture as we know it. not to mention it opened up the doors for athlete endorsement deals, etc.

and for those who want the most premium version available of this iconic shoe and colorway, the banned 1 is the only candidate.

i own OG's from 85, 2001's, and 2 pairs of these banneds, and i firmly believe the quality of the banned 1 is superior.

unless you can prove otherwise, and not just with your speculation of costs to make them, i will continue to believe that. i own enough high quality leather shoes to know the difference.

We get it, after numerous long winded rambling post...you like the banned I's

Wat shade of red do u like better?

Shades of red aren't that important to me, because they're still different than the OG's

I'd take new 13's over used 01's any day

Dudes talk about paying $300+ for used sneakers like it's a deal :lol:

Especially for ones that aren't even true to the OG's.

Last edited:
yeah, and we get it, everything is all about being true to the OG for you. get off my sack tho. we are having a debate in here, and i joined in, despite having expressed the same opinions in another thread.

not everyone cares about how true shoes are to the OG's tho.

that is a factor, but not always the only thing, for everyone (it is a factor to me sometimes, but not all the time).

some may prefer the shade of red on one, or the height on one, or the comfort... different strokes for different folks.

from what i hear the 2013's are more comfortable, and that is a bigger factor for me, cuz i find the 2001's uncomfortable after standing up DJing in them for hours at a time.

it's not a huge enough deal that i'd stop wearing my 2001's, but i would like to add the more comfortable version to the collection for those times i'd be wearing them for long periods of time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom