Air Jordan 1 Banned NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by DJ Proto J

Originally Posted by vipersupra

My question is, if these were suppose to be scrap in d first place why still so many pairs made. I mean why would they initially make more than 1k pairs of a shoe that's not a grade or passed the quality control. I never get that.

that's the thing, it's BS. they're not really b-grades, this was just a sly lil' way for JB to create some hype and do something cool for those of us who want "nike air"... combo'd with premium materials, making it one of the best releases in a long, long time. which is why i say grab these for that $2 -250 range now cuz i expect these to go up over time.

stop it plz
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by aphexacid

I'm still trying to figure out what the attraction of these is. Buy the 2001's. End of story.

Do you know how many times that's been said.Go look at all the detailed comparison pics from the 01s and Banneds.They are not close to looking the same.Similar yes, anywhere being the same, no

Originally Posted by DJ Proto J

Originally Posted by vipersupra

My question is, if these were suppose to be scrap in d first place why still so many pairs made. I mean why would they initially make more than 1k pairs of a shoe that's not a grade or passed the quality control. I never get that.

that's the thing, it's BS. they're not really b-grades, this was just a sly lil' way for JB to create some hype and do something cool for those of us who want "nike air"... combo'd with premium materials, making it one of the best releases in a long, long time. which is why i say grab these for that $2 -250 range now cuz i expect these to go up over time.

Nah nah.. the b-grade thing, I kindda believe it. Bcoz one of my right pair is slightly higher than d left.. also my other one has both "if....?" On right and left pair. Not that I'm tryna brag but that its self proves that it didn't quite pass d quality control or what not.. and also the way "nike air" is placed on most pairs, u can see the sayings from inside the tounge peepn out to d front... but the "these were suppose to be scrap" or "the man himself didn't like it so release it anyways for avid fans" talk is sounding like bs.. whatevr it may be, I jus feel lucky and happy to have em..

Originally Posted by GeNeRaTiOnZ

I'm still trying to figure out what the attraction of these is. Buy the 2001's. End of story.

Do you know how many times that's been said.Go look at all the detailed comparison pics from the 01s and Banneds.They are not close to looking the same.Similar yes, anywhere being the same, no

No not really, i have no clue. The thread is almost 200 pages long, and the first time i enter it, i see someone make a comment about going to pay $250 for a pair. Its got a big X on the heel. So "supposed" decent material and a nike air on is is good enough to shell out $250 when you can go buy the 2001?

Do you know how many times that's been said. Go look at all the detailed comparison pics from the 01s and Banneds. They are not close to looking the same. Similar yes, anywhere being the same, no

No not really, i have no clue. The thread is almost 200 pages long, and the first time i enter it, i see someone make a comment about going to pay $250 for a pair. Its got a big X on the heel. So "supposed" decent material and a nike air on is is good enough to shell out $250 when you can go buy the 2001?

01's normally run around 300+ and the check on the side is not leather...the red x isn't even that noticable and can be taken off. Quality is better and the 01's is closer to an red-orange than true red.

To a lot of people, yes hahaha.
I bought my pair personally cause I like the story behind this release and the meaning of the shoe.

to all you bigfooters out there, solelegit.com has a sz 16 for sale for a decent price........good luck

01s ain't bad of a plan b tho.. I thought it has lil more padding. Nd doesn't have d X on d back. Closer to og if that matters.

I can officially say that Gurnee Mills did not get these shoes. I stopped by this afternoon and spoke with the footwear manager. Nothing at all, so it was just a rumor.

Speaking of rumor, can someone confirm how people found out that this is only gon be an outlet release? Did someone spoke about it on forums and leaked out? Or was it ever officially announced or what not.

Originally Posted by jkjordan

I can officially say that Gurnee Mills did not get these shoes. I stopped by this afternoon and spoke with the footwear manager. Nothing at all, so it was just a rumor.

yeah ok.......
viper they dropped at the portland outlet by surprise & then in south chicago the same way after that nike sent out a email too all stores that they were being shipped & they were told to not sell until 6/1....since the 6/1 release there has been random restocks to most of the stores that initally got them

Originally Posted by MJ All Day45

Do you know how many times that's been said. Go look at all the detailed comparison pics from the 01s and Banneds. They are not close to looking the same. Similar yes, anywhere being the same, no

01's normally run around 300+ and the check on the side is not leather...the red x isn't even that noticable and can be taken off. Quality is better and the 01's is closer to an red-orange than true red.

qft

Originally Posted by ColdCity

Originally Posted by jkjordan

yeah ok.......
viper they dropped at the portland outlet by surprise & then in south chicago the same way after that nike sent out a email too all stores that they were being shipped & they were told to not sell until 6/1....since the 6/1 release there has been random restocks to most of the stores that initally got them

Word. I honestly found out here. And so I started calling all my local outlets and sure enough only one outlet throughout d whole az got em.. right at dat exact time, I knew I won't have a chance scoopin these up from there...

01's normally run around 300+ and the check on the side is not leather...the red x isn't even that noticable and can be taken off. [color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]Quality is better [/color]and the 01's is closer to an red-orange than true red.
woah woah woah......are you being serious right now?? Thats a bold statement broham. How is the quality better??

quality isn't really better...ya letting that tumbled leather gas ya......

a pair of 1994 retro I's has that same smooth leather as da 2001 pair....

air-jordan-1-i-retro-1994-white-black-red-1.JPG

air-jordan-1-i-retro-1994-white-black-red-2.JPG

air-jordan-1-i-retro-1994-white-black-red-4.JPG

air-jordan-1-i-retro-1994-white-black-red-5.JPG

these are a gimmick, nothing more, nothing less...., da 2001 pair, da BMP pair, da strap HI, phat lows, etc. ALL have da exact same leather.

and da 1994 jordan I's have that smooth leather as well...i lol at anyone paying more for these banned joints. then for anything of da aforementioned..

well then IMO & it goes the same for other nt'ers its better than da 01's....better than the nine fours fohwtbs

woah woah woah......are you being serious right now?? Thats a bold statement broham. How is the quality better??

do you own a pair of "Banned 1s" per say? Not speaking on the leather only but the insole is alot more plush, not as plush as the OLNL but quite close. The cut is almost even with OGs (looking at beat crumbling pair of 85s) and the padding is firm. This is coming from someone who balls in AJ1's.

83526ce1969ce6a63e6fd1cda208c7521a35ca49_r.jpg

d2726d61ec92c613348f0ac00620038e2c7ec71a_r.jpg

Originally Posted by freezyfreeky

the quality of the banned 1 leather is better than that of the high straps by far.
it definitely has nicer leather than any recent 1 retros and possibly most jordan retros in recent years.

some small banned 1 differences worth mentioning:
-more comfortable
-taller rear ankle support
-taller & more padded tongue
-softer tongue material
-insole has thicker and more supportive padding
-the wings logo is bigger

img6048w.jpg

img6038v.jpg

img6040q.jpg

img6045d.jpg

img6042.jpg

img6044z.jpg

img6043a.jpg

img6046r.jpg

img6041v.jpg

img6047nw.jpg

after some quick searching i found tis little comparsion. but someone did one more in detail. too lazy to look.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

these are a gimmick, nothing more, nothing less...., da 2001 pair, da BMP pair, da strap HI, phat lows, etc. ALL have da exact same leather.

and da 1994 jordan I's have that smooth leather as well...i lol at anyone paying more for these banned joints. then for anything of da aforementioned..

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted by ColdCity

Originally Posted by ninjahood

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

you are trippin

banned 1's 109-275
straps 110-180
dmps 120-175
94s- 320-550
01- 300-475
lows 80 bucks
laugh.gif

so...you make no sense at laughing at anyone sir...and i say that with the utmost respect ninja.

9b436cb7123d9e7c6b703c1ef266c41d36a1ff21_r.gif

ad116d1d9e6c3df7c1bb480fd3a9fb5751235f92_r.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom