ADVICE: 38 YEARS OLD W/ J 'S........

tough tough decision man. its all in the mind of state..well im only 19 and im def not trying to get rid of any of my sneakers except the Olives. But if i wereyou i would get rid of the few or only the sneakers you really fell off on. But dont get rid of all of your stuff man.

I'm 30 and have about 39 pairs of heat...I have sold or gave my nephew my filler pairs over the last 2 yrs. I think you should stay in the game, but shopselectively. Personally I don't want no more than 50 to 60 pairs. Takes too much space as it is...

I say keep most of what you have. I honestly doubt that quality and colorway placement will improve, this trend of it getting worse won't stop. If theeconomy really has a grip on you and need money for some specific cause, then sure, sell away. But I'd try to hold on...memories are memories and the kickswill only get more rare.

i dont care how old i am..i will never stop buying shoes...ima be that dude that be like "maaaaan i remember when these came out back in such andsuch" because my co-worker tell me that til this day lol

Originally Posted by William Rivera 3

Be selective. Easier said than done tho

Best advice on here.
I need to take it, i'm about 250 pairs deep and have about 3 closets of shoes with a wife and 3 kids. I need to cut down to about 80 pairs. I love theshoes but it just takes way to much space and we could use the closet space. I need to go through everything and sell what I dont need to. Good luck whateveryou do.

i am 36 and i have been into jordans from the very beginning 1985 . ive had every hot og jordan ever made . you name it ive had it. i have been collecting forabout 10 + yrs.

just a year ago i had about 125 pairs of jordans in my collection and at the time alot of hot shoes were coming out back to back like the 23's and thecdp's. so i restructured my

collection and i sold about half of the regular shoes that i knew would be easy to get back. you know the pairs that are everywhere you look like fire red3's , fire red 5's, flip 3's,

raptor 7's 8's,9's ,10's and spizikes. all the shoes you can easily pick up when ever you want. i then took the money i was getting for myshoes and started to buy all heat like

thunder and lightning 4's, real icey retro 6 infared's and 2000 olympic's and real icey retro 11's concords , spacejams , columbia's andblk/reds , og jordan 12's white/red and both

pairs of premier limited 23's ( titaniums + blk / reds ) as well as the allstar's , white / red's, chicago's , unc's and motorsport's .i downed sized my collection and got alot of sweet

shoes ive missed over the years. maybe this could be something you would want to do because to be honest do you really think you could quiet completely. justlike everyone has

said it's in the blood. i have a house with a wife and two kids and i know for me there is no way i could stop unless one of these things were in troublewhich they are not so i

keep going but that is me. i guess what it really comes down to is if your desire is still strong for shoes , if your pasion is still there for collecting oris it a time in your life were

things have changed and you have to go in a different direction. the bottom line is no matter what everybody on here says you are the only one who really knowswere you stand

at this point in your life, so the choice is ultimately yours good luck..................................................................peace

I was in your situation a couple of years ago when I decided to cut down to just the ones I really like but it is hard. I just think that everyone has to taketheir own situation into consideration and make wise choices. It is never easy but as life goes on so do shoes. They will always retro them!!!

Also as I am older and have the funds I am able to get those shoes I never had before. Or those I want again!

Originally Posted by PackersGotMe

Im just shocked half the cats saying there +28 have not been on NT for more than 2 years

I was originally from kick fiend before it was hi jacked then I went to sneakerfiles who is ran by the original kick fiend admins, I always peeped NT ,but Ihad AOL and when I would try to register it told me my server wasnt compatible to yuku, after I got fiber optic service I was able to join NT, that explainswhy Im 28 but only been a member for limited amount of time , I alway lurked on here ,but like I said I wasnt able to join until recently....

if you need to cash i say sell but if you can afford them dont let the ones go you cant live without. you will regret selling if you do

Originally Posted by Twinsnyc

Originally Posted by William Rivera 3

Be selective. Easier said than done tho

Best advice on here.
I need to take it, i'm about 250 pairs deep and have about 3 closets of shoes with a wife and 3 kids. I need to cut down to about 80 pairs. I love the shoes but it just takes way to much space and we could use the closet space. I need to go through everything and sell what I dont need to. Good luck whatever you do.
wowww man u have alot of sneakers..you have to be over 25 years of age

Originally Posted by The J Collector

Originally Posted by PackersGotMe

Im just shocked half the cats saying there +28 have not been on NT for more than 2 years

I was originally from kick fiend before it was hi jacked then I went to sneakerfiles who is ran by the original kick fiend admins, I always peeped NT ,but I had AOL and when I would try to register it told me my server wasnt compatible to yuku, after I got fiber optic service I was able to join NT, that explains why Im 28 but only been a member for limited amount of time , I alway lurked on here ,but like I said I wasnt able to join until recently....
i was a registered member too..i remember those days.

Originally Posted by s dubl

Im 29 and love kicks, always have...always will. Cant see myself in anything else than a T shirt, jeans or shorts and some kicks.

Just re-evaluate your collection and see which pair you can do with out and sell those pairs.

If you really love shoes keep em...you might regret selling later.
My thoughts exactly.
Im 28 though.

Its funny when I read advice like be selective or keep what you like get rid of the rest.... lol

As if even with Priorities in order its somehow easy to be selective and tell yourself...."hmmm... I dont REALLY like those.. so I'll pass"

In the history of buying shoes....and IF you are up in age like some of us in this thread.. you have ALWAYS bought what you liked and SELECTED what YOU LIKE.

Unless of course you are a 30+ Hypebeast....and then you'd have different problems.

F that.... Im buying anything and everything I like... STILL even if it is on the weekends... Its what gives me joy in just standing there wondering whatoutfits will I wear with these kicks or vice versa.

We are a small breed of dudes (shoe heads, collectors,wearers) who can actually buy a pair of kicks to go with a shirt we have and LIKE it.... I can count onmy hand ten million times I have put on an outfit and knew I could pick from a jillion pairs to wear with the fit and all of a sudden change my entire outfitcause I realized I really wanted to wear another pair of shoes.

To me thats what being a 30+ shoe dude is.. hookin up something nice with something else nice.... Anyone can throw on a Multicolor Dunk or LRG Hoodie with allthat stuff on it and hope for the best... but for us who are into solid colors....putting together the right fit head to toe is something nice.

Damn Im old.. lol

Call it quits and just keep like 10-15 of your favs.

50 pairs isnt that many anyways for being almost 40. No disrepect.

Im 19 and have about 80 pairs. All paid with my money I made. I'm already cutting down to around half. I see college is no joke. I havent bought Jordans ina minute,due to the poor quality and BS colorways. I'm keeping my favorites, and I'm out.

id just consider keeping your favorites and like others have said, just be more selective in what you buy. im also at the point in my life where i will nothave the chance to wear out my sneakers..so ill slow down.

Back
Top Bottom