admired film character(s) with real life character flaw(s)

Tony Montana from the film Scarface.  Quite a few people revere this fictional character.   The film tells the tale of an immigrant to the USA and his rise.   But, if Tony Montana was your homey would you respect him?  
  • He wants his boss's woman, Elvira.  
  • Kills his boss, Frank.  
  • Kills his friend, Manny.
  • Challenges Sosa, the guy who put everyone on.  

If you watch Scarface backwards, it's about a man who gives up cocaine and crime to follow his dream of becoming a dishwasher to earn enough money so he can visit Cuba.

Originally Posted by RaWeX05

If you watch Scarface backwards, it's about a man who gives up cocaine and crime to follow his dream of becoming a dishwasher to earn enough money so he can visit Cuba.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I remember they did a VH1 special on Hip Hop and Scarface. And Andre 3K was talking about people loved him cause he was the anti-hero. The way he popped dude who was gonna kill the snitch's wife and kids. The way he never told where the drugs (or money I forget) were at and almost got chopped up for it and saw his friend get chopped up. The way he was looked down as scum and stepped on so he stepped on those same people to climb the top. Went from being the tag a long to the boss. I think that's why people admire him. I'm sure most people aren't friends with drug dealing murderers who over react to their best friend dating their sister.

*DEAD*

lol. becoming a "dishwasher to earn enough money to visit cuba."

any other films/characters come to mind

Someone call the coroner.

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

I remember they did a VH1 special on Hip Hop and Scarface. And Andre 3K was talking about people loved him cause he was the anti-hero. The way he popped dude who was gonna kill the snitch's wife and kids. The way he never told where the drugs (or money I forget) were at and almost got chopped up for it and saw his friend get chopped up. The way he was looked down as scum and stepped on so he stepped on those same people to climb the top. Went from being the tag a long to the boss. I think that's why people admire him. I'm sure most people aren't friends with drug dealing murderers who over react to their best friend dating their sister.

Pretty much. It's a rags to riches story and that is why a lot of hip-hop artists can identify with the character in the movie Scarface. Even in the documentary, most of the rappers even knew the flaws of Scarface..."never get high on your own supply". In retrospect, a lot of those hip-hop dude's took it way to serious. Trick Daddy with the Scarface blinds on Cribs was OD.

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Pretty much. It's a rags to riches story and that is why a lot of hip-hop artists can identify with the character in the movie Scarface. Even in the documentary, most of the rappers even knew the flaws of Scarface..."never get high on your own supply". In retrospect, a lot of those hip-hop dude's took it way to serious. Trick Daddy with the Scarface blinds on Cribs was OD.

I remember watching this when that 20th anniversary edition of Scarface dropped... 
Face was honestly kind of a jerk. He was horrible to his wife, heavy drug abuser (nothing wrong with some green every now and then but I could never rock with dudes who keep mountains of coke on their desk, although George Jung may be an exception). Face also shot his best friend without even allowing him to justify what was going on, in other words he was a hot head which I also don't rock with too many of.

Now in comparison. Omar from the wire would be a better character to analyze. He is easily one of my favorite characters of all time but in real life he'd be that AYOOOOOOOO thug I'd stay as far away from as possiible

Scarface is admired because its how people would be if they could. Screwing your boss over to get on top and taking his wife?? Coming up from nothing to running the show. He was a gangster, he took +%%% from no one. My favorite part is when he is in Bolivia with Sosa and tells him make your move, here is this guy just saw his associate get killed and he still dont give a **#!.

I like this new perspective.  Makes me want to watch all movies backwards now.  
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Let's do a thread on telling movie plots backwards, only the clever may apply.

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

laugh.gif
this, the potential is there

Originally Posted by GUILLERMO GUTIEREZ

dr manhattan
super smart and can smash any woman on earth but for some reason still suffers from blue balls

roll.gif

but for real, that backwards movie thing has a twitter.

Originally Posted by Mags on fire

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

laugh.gif
this, the potential is there

If you watch Goodfellas backwards its about a police informant who turns to a life of crime and by a crazy time warp becomes a kid 
tongue.gif

If you watch the curious case of benjamin button backwards- it's about a boy who grows up, falls in love, joins the military, gets old, goes to a nursing home and dies as a baby. 

Back
Top Bottom