Votes: 267 21.3%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Cream White’

Votes: 38 3.0%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Semi-Frozen Yellow’

Votes: 46 3.7%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Beluga 2.0’

Votes: 102 8.1%

• Total voters
Sock sneakers will probably always persist in some form, they're just a more recent departure from traditional shoe design so we haven't seen fashion cycle back around to them yet. As we approach a decade from that initial boom in the next couple of years I'm interested to see if/how they come back as a reaction to big chunky overdesigned silhouettes that have dominated over the past several years.
There has to be a balance IMO.

To bulky or to slim are turnoffs for me.

So theres a Yeezy Gap Truck running around Miami tomorrow letting you buy merch from 12-3.

I’m gonna be triggered if I wait in that line for a chance at only the balenciaga stuff :smh:

When people think of “Yeezys”, first silhouette that comes to mind is the 350, no questions asked. It’s an iconic shoe, I don’t get all the hate.
No hate, just gave my opinion. When being in the sneaker world people forget about average consumers. The price point alone will turn off a good amount of people. I’ve had a good amount of 350s and still have like 3 left. I just can’t call something iconic because I like it or people around me do. It has to reach outside of the regular demographic. Me not liking white Air Force 1s takes nothing away from how iconic they are.

When people think of “Yeezys”, first silhouette that comes to mind is the 350, no questions asked. It’s an iconic shoe, I don’t get all the hate.
Sounds like an opinion. Slides and foam runners might be the front runners right now. Even wave runners might take the cake. Ye is super polarizing and so is his kicks. Right now people hear yeezy and thing about them big a** rain balenciaga boots he wears

I hear you on price point jaysfordays9 jaysfordays9 , but I literally see hoodboogers to soccer moms rocking 350 v2s.

I also live in the Houston area, so people rather have a $1500 car note, with $300+ shoes, and get evicted, so take it with a grain of salt.

I would love for someone in Nebraska or either of the Dakotas to chime in on the number of 350s. I know Air Forces and Mid/low 1s are much more accessible in those rural towns, but I expect Yeezys to be in the 20 years as well. Especially as Kanye ages. Right now, he's in that Mid-2000s Jordan 40s era. When he hits 60, he gonna flood the market to keep the money coming like MJ.

I hear you on price point jaysfordays9 jaysfordays9 , but I literally see hoodboogers to soccer moms rocking 350 v2s.

I also live in the Houston area, so people rather have a $1500 car note, with $300+ shoes, and get evicted, so take it with a grain of salt.

I would love for someone in Nebraska or either of the Dakotas to chime in on the number of 350s. I know Air Forces and Mid/low 1s are much more accessible in those rural towns, but I expect Yeezys to be in the 20 years as well. Especially as Kanye ages. Right now, he's in that Mid-2000s Jordan 40s era. When he hits 60, he gonna flood the market to keep the money coming like MJ.

I feel you. I’m from NY and I understand how people live that type of lifestyle, even if I don’t agree with it. I chose burgundy 5s and a matching RL Polo in 06 over paying for my senior trip. Growing up here it’s like second nature to try to be apart of the fashion show. Yea 350s get worn a lot here but I see more slides than anything and I work for MTA so I look.

There’s a reason why the air monarch sold so well before the sneaker community even knew what they were. We are in a bubble a lot of the time. I have 38 pairs of Yeezys left and 3 are 350s, most are QNTM’s, 500 highs and 700 V1s and V3s. Most normal consumers don’t have 38 pairs of shoes on a whole. Not everyone is into fashion their into function.

I would say look at the people that normal people emulate. White forces, Ye slides, foam runners, 1s, and dunks (outside of designer)are on the feet of the fashionable ppl. That tends to trickle down the pipeline.

I’m not sure Kanye will stay with adidas to be honest, especially with them spoofing his designs. I don’t even see Ye in Yeezys any more, just to push his own brand. If he leaves adidas, just like he left Nike, we will just see iterations of his shoes but not the pairs we swore were so iconic.

Sounds like an opinion. Slides and foam runners might be the front runners right now. Even wave runners might take the cake. Ye is super polarizing and so is his kicks. Right now people hear yeezy and thing about them big a** rain balenciaga boots he wears
To a non-sneakerhead, when someone says Yeezy, they think of some 350. Like no one automatically thinks “Yeezy slides”.

Here in Kentucky, I’ve seen many more 350’s than I have slides. I was up in DC and NY a few weeks ago, and there the number of 350’s, Foam runners, and slides that I was were pretty equal.

But we talking about which silhouette is more iconic here.

Were you from bro?

Change your circle .....

Aint noone thinking about Yeezy boots when talking about Yeezy or yeezy footwear.

A lot of people that aren't into sneakes think about Yeezy because his collabs like the Gap.

Also when it comes to the majority of sneakers .... the ones that makes them classic are normally sneaker heads or culture group / region.

AF1 NYC
AM NYC / Sneakerheads
NB DMV
Cortez Cholo/Mexican/Cali
Etc ...

So ... 350 V2 with a 6 year run can be consider a classic. That's not to say that it will be 10 years from now, but short term I think they are.

When most people that know sneakers think about Yeezys they think about Air Y 2 / 750 boots / 350 ~ 350V2s.

I feel you. I’m from NY and I understand how people live that type of lifestyle, even if I don’t agree with it. I chose burgundy 5s and a matching RL Polo in 06 over paying for my senior trip. Growing up here it’s like second nature to try to be apart of the fashion show. Yea 350s get worn a lot here but I see more slides than anything and I work for MTA so I look.

There’s a reason why the air monarch sold so well before the sneaker community even knew what they were. We are in a bubble a lot of the time. I have 38 pairs of Yeezys left and 3 are 350s, most are QNTM’s, 500 highs and 700 V1s and V3s. Most normal consumers don’t have 38 pairs of shoes on a whole. Not everyone is into fashion their into function.

I would say look at the people that normal people emulate. White forces, Ye slides, foam runners, 1s, and dunks (outside of designer)are on the feet of the fashionable ppl. That tends to trickle down the pipeline.

I’m not sure Kanye will stay with adidas to be honest, especially with them spoofing his designs. I don’t even see Ye in Yeezys any more, just to push his own brand. If he leaves adidas, just like he left Nike, we will just see iterations of his shoes but not the pairs we swore were so iconic.
I still have my Burgundy NDS along with my Olive Green ... I should wear them. Shame I used to buy a pair weekly and didnt truely enjoy my kicks. Ugh.

it’s safe to change your previous post. I’m not going to even return fire.
I just made an observation.

You can return fire if you'll like, I was asking a serious question.

I just can’t call something iconic because I like it or people around me do.

Right now people hear yeezy and thing about them big a** rain balenciaga boots he wears

I have never heard of someone being told yeezys and automatically respond with the balenciaga boots. Like you said, most people outside the sneaker world don't even know about sneakers so the statement IMO is a fallacy.

People outside the sneaker world would automatically say 350 maybe slides or waverunner or even clothing and people inside the sneakerworld would just mention the hottest yeezy or the next drop.

BTW ...I Wasn't clowning.

Just some random - I need the 750s grey gum or white bottom don’t matter
I feel you. Everyone hyped about the Turtle Doves coming back, I just want some 750s to return.

Researched that there were a lot of issues with the zipper, so that’s a possible reason for no 750s since 2015/16. Pretty positive tech has gotten better that he could fix the zipper issues.

Side note: I wonder why Kanye never dropped a 750 V2 with minor changes to the upper (no zipper and possibly no strap) and the 350 V2 sole change. Just seems to make sense to me.

I feel you. Everyone hyped about the Turtle Doves coming back, I just want some 750s to return.

Researched that there were a lot of issues with the zipper, so that’s a possible reason for no 750s since 2015/16. Pretty positive tech has gotten better that he could fix the zipper issues.

Side note: I wonder why Kanye never dropped a 750 V2 with minor changes to the upper (no zipper and possibly no strap) and the 350 V2 sole change. Just seems to make sense to me.

Kinda dumb though, i mean, adidas is workin with grade a manufacturers. They have good zippers available…0 reason why it should even be an issue at this point. Its like we are backin 1700 or something man lol

I think its because they dont sell as much of 750s compared to 350s, and they cost more to manufacture since they use real, high grade suede leather.

That being said, im pumped too, if i can get 350 TD for retail, im game to get em to break em in.

750 v2 = air fear of god 1 (which also had zipper issues)

If you hit in Adidas Confirmed, are you likely to hit/miss the next time?

Participation in slides but don't really want them.

Back
Top Bottom