ADIDAS x YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL THREAD *2016 thread link 1st page*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It varies person to person. These can sell for 20k, but you ain't gonna convince me they worth over 400 :lol:

Once you get some perspective you realize how stupid a lot of this sneaker thinking is....took me awhile to really get it. But if you're the seller hype through the roof

QFT

Too much real in this post for most NTers can't even begin to understand.

Its crazy. Some of the cats in these threads think a particular dneaker like the yeezy will give them cool points. The fact is if you are lame you still will be a lame bum. You just a lame bum with some yeezys LOL

I also never understood why people would paya resell price that high for yeezys. For 2k i could by 2 pairs of Hermes sneakers.

Man why does everyone on here gotta worry about what others do with their money? For 2Gs you can buy a lot, if someone wants yeezys though that's on em.

Man why does everyone on here gotta worry about what others do with their money? For 2Gs you can buy a lot, if someone wants yeezys though that's on em.

for $2k my mans alp can buy up the remaining Pelle Pelle collection :tongue:

just having fun.... it seems like dudes really take shoes too seriously tho. they are just shoes. nothing to lose sleep over.

some guys should take an economics class to learn about supply and demand and stuff like that. might help them sleep better.

for $2k my mans alp can buy up the remaining Pelle Pelle collection
tongue.gif

just having fun.... it seems like dudes really take shoes too seriously tho. they are just shoes. nothing to lose sleep over.

some guys should take an economics class to learn about supply and demand and stuff like that. might help them sleep better.
gotta keep in mind that this is a sneaker forum so people do take sneakers a bit more serious than the general public...

gotta keep in mind that this is a sneaker forum so people do take sneakers a bit more serious than the general public...

This is a sneaker forum? Didn't know that.

I guess what it really comes down to is our society's 'socially constructed definition of 'cool.' You can try and get a handful of people on board with standing against 'hyped' prices, but you're not going to be able to undo what's already been done. I would have paid $350 for these if I could have locked in a pair, unfortunately I struck out like most.. would not even consider paying $1000 for them. But I will say, RO for $1k? As long as the quality is on point, I might try to justify it. Although, with $1k I would have a lot more fun with a new combination optic/scope on my rifle (cue my wife nudging me). Sometimes it's hard being a responsible adult 8) lol

for $2k my mans alp can buy up the remaining Pelle Pelle collection
tongue.gif

nthat.gif

my point exactly in my last post.. people in general take sneakers way too seriously. gotta stop worrying about others and what they do with their money and / or shoes.. and worry about yourself..

problem with the so called "supply" and "demand" aspect is that there's no consistency in the pricing

the prices of sneakers on the resale market is about as stupid a model as I've ever seen

prices are literally made up out of thin air...... and the supply is often made up too.... no one knows the actual production numbers 

it's the wild wild west out here... no order what so ever

problem with the so called "supply" and "demand" aspect is that there's no consistency in the pricing

the prices of sneakers on the resale market is about as stupid a model as I've ever seen

prices are literally made up out of thin air...... and the supply is often made up too.... no one knows the actual production numbers 

it's the wild wild west out here... no order what so ever
Repped. Someone literally bought a pair of Yeezy Boost and immediately put it on eBay for $900 - $1.2K it's like where do these numbers come from...

Repped. Someone literally bought a pair of Yeezy Boost and immediately put it on eBay for $900 - $1.2K it's like where do these numbers come from...
Exactly. And that's how it works with supply and demand and reselling hyped limited/exclusive items. I've ran a successful store for YEARS.. I don't sell sneakers, but I do deal with other limited/exclusive items. Some items which at times I am the only one on the market with and guess who sets the price.. me. I set the curve. Let's say I spent $50 on said item, but seeing as I'm setting the curve, I can easily mark it at $1000. Why? Because I can. So then what, someone else pops up with the same item for sale.. can you guess where he'll set the price? Probably either slightly lower than my price, or possibly even higher... which will still be WELL above MSRP. Why? Because again, as being the only ones with said items, WE set the price curve and last time I checked, businesses are out there to turn a profit. 

Exactly. And that's how it works with supply and demand and reselling hyped limited/exclusive items. I've ran a successful store for YEARS.. I don't sell sneakers, but I do deal with other limited/exclusive items. Some items which at times I am the only one on the market with and guess who sets the price.. me. I set the curve. Let's say I spent $50 on said item, but seeing as I'm setting the curve, I can easily mark it at $1000. Why? Because I can. So then what, someone else pops up with the same item for sale.. can you guess where he'll set the price? Probably either slightly lower than my price, or possibly even higher... which will still be WELL above MSRP. Why? Because again, as being the only ones with said items, WE set the price curve and last time I checked, businesses are out there to turn a profit. 
you could set the price at $1k but that doesn't mean someone is going to buy it....  your post makes it seem like you can get whatever you want for an item

in most cases, markets have some sort of comparable that makes sense of the price

in the sneaker world, no such thing exists..... prices are as random as they come

this here hobby we have, is unlike any other that i've seen.... again, it's the wild wild west out here

People telling others 'it's only sneakers stop taking it so seriously' yet we all are members of a sneaker forum. Oh, the irony.

This is a sneaker forum? Didn't know that.
I joined this forum to talk about the ancient greek goddess and you guys keep talking about shoes

where can I find the discussion topic on the merits of greek deities and culture? 

:lol: for 2k I would and slowly flip em, them joints still command $600 each in NYC. But about ppl complaining over high resell on a forum it's childish. You don't see me whining on here when a shoe flops and I can't even get my money back. I'm grown, I live with the decisions I make, even the bad ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom