ADIDAS x YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL THREAD *2016 thread link 1st page*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nike YZY 1 may not be an "original" in terms of some of its look, but the concept and the idea of the sneaker was ground breaking IMO.. also the 3 versions all had subtle features that made each pair different.. and the materials..mainly the leather on the 1s.. are A1...  But in terms of style and look..  

Solars > Boost > Y1's > Plats > RO's

LV are in a different category price point alone sets them apart.. But thats his best work 

Nike YZY 1 may not be an "original" in terms of some of its look, but the concept and the idea of the sneaker was ground breaking IMO.. also the 3 versions all had subtle features that made each pair different.. and the materials..mainly the leather on the 1s.. are A1...  But in terms of style and look..  
Solars > Boost > Y1's > Plats > RO's

LV are in a different category price point alone sets them apart.. But thats his best work 
I mean Nike as a whole has had ground breaking shoes period, there's nothing on Y1's that hasn't been done before by Nike or any other shoe company.

Reactions: God

Hey, struggling student slash yeezy stan over here.  I'll take them RO's off your hands.  
outside of the hype, and the circumstances of their release... the quality, materials, and craftsmenship of the sneaker... its not even close to the other pairs released

Remember, the original Air yeezy was an all original shoe with lights at the bottom.  Nike wanted him to used a tooling from one their lines, so at first Ye picked the AJ 6s which are his favorite Jordans, then the 3s and NIKE said no to Jordan toolings, and he found a loop hole with the Air Revolution tooling which is basically a longer version of the Air Jordan 3 tooling ( for facts, the original name for the Air Jordan 3 was the Air Jordan Revolution due the tooling used). 

Anyways to me, the Net/Net air yeezy 1 are the my favorite. At first they were my least desired pair, I got them for $600 at flight club before they went to 1,000 plus price. After a while, They were just a clean color. That tan color way is dope. I wanna get another pair DS. I think  FC got em for 2300 which isnt too bad, if they are still around when i do overtime I might pick em up. I just love that color way and shoe. Air Yeezys were such a crazy shoe. There were the first shoes where people stopped in their cars and gave props. I was the first to cop from DQM for $500 for the Zens. 

As for the Air Yeezy 2s, I love the solar red. They are the DEFINITIVE YEEZY shoe because he rocked them every night of that Watch The Throne tour. And they are just fashionable. I saved up for about 3 months to cop for about $2.2k. I love the shoe and they are comfy and durable. I rocked them in the club and bars, had beer on em, still clean, no paint chipping, the scales are still nice. I wish I could afford the red octobers but 5gs thats just... i couldn't. I just couldn't. Thats a car. Only if I win the lottery or something. Its sad some of  those pairs will wither into dust and never been worn. Then those resellers won't ever see that 5k and it will just be a waste. 

As for these, after one wear, watch ya denim. Believe it or not, those jeans are skinny jeans from Ralph Lauren's Denim and Supply line. Already got minor denim stain on the top but some cleaner will get that out. Its a nice shoe. I walked to my aunts house, even she wanted a pair. My uncle liked them too. Their appeal seems to be just fashionable shoe. All the tech is on the inside, where as Nike, those look like performance shoes (and they are, Tinker designed the Yeezy 1 with Kanye's vivid live shows in mind. He want them to be comfy so he can perform as if he was playing a sport). I love the rubber sole. I love the color. I hope a black pair comes out. More colors. A black and gum sole would be KILLER. A nice Navy and white, Tan and white, A olive color would be dope. All the muted colors he rocks, he needs to make it happen. Adidas... MAKE MORE ******* SHOES. thanks 

I seen somebody say they ready to pay 1.8k for these the other day :x wth I shoulda copped when they were 7 bills.

I don't think I've ever made a good decision when it comes to YEEZYS lol.

-Shoulda skipped school when the 1s came out, but didn't :smh:
-Stayed on the comp all day waiting for the 2s and left real quick to go to the pool with some girls, then they drop :x
-didn't go to ASG in NY because of the turn up at school :smh:

Oh wells looks like I'm paying resell this summer [emoji]128557[/emoji]

I seen somebody say they ready to pay 1.8k for these the other day
sick.gif
wth I shoulda copped when they were 7 bills.

-Shoulda skipped school when the 1s came out, but didn't
mean.gif

-Stayed on the comp all day waiting for the 2s and left real quick to go to the pool with some girls, then they drop
sick.gif

-didn't go to ASG in NY because of the turn up at school
mean.gif

yambs > yeezy anyday , 

Also one thing I LOVED about the air Yeezy 1 is that each shoe was different. Not just a different color way

Zens: Y graphic on the suede part 

Blinks: Neonprene upper instead of the leather and a clean suede 

Nets: Glow in the dark Nike check, deeper Y graphics on the suede part. 

Each shoe had these minor changes that made them unique. I know the red octobers got rid of the scales but I wish it was more variation (plus more pairs) 

I seen somebody say they ready to pay 1.8k for these the other day
sick.gif
wth I shoulda copped when they were 7 bills.

-Shoulda skipped school when the 1s came out, but didn't
mean.gif

-Stayed on the comp all day waiting for the 2s and left real quick to go to the pool with some girls, then they drop
sick.gif

-didn't go to ASG in NY because of the turn up at school
mean.gif

No, you made the right decision. These are just shoes. Honestly for the 1s, I didn't think about camping out and my gf at the time was SUPER PISSED I decided to go out and stay out all night for some shoes. Never heard the end of it. Anyways, you're in school, you're learning, hopefully getting a degree and making something of youself. I mean, the air yeezys were easy to cop because not a lot of people didn't have $215-500 for em. I went from 11 to number 2 when DQM said they were $500. But ever since then, the yeezys have been a crap shot. Anyways man, what if you stay at the computer and missed them anyway? You would have been with the ladies in the pool. Memories are more important than some shoes. I'm not just saying this cause I have them, but I remember wasting days and nights on camp outs meanwhile my lady is home by herself, i miss parties and i just missing living LIFE. Don't let these shoes steal your time. You can always make the money back. But you can't get your time back. Live your life. 

Ill probably get bashed for putting yeezy 2 last. But this is my top 4, favorite colorways of each shoe also..  Nothing touches the Yeezy 1 imo. Paid resale first day(600) I Wish Kanye would do another collaboration with LV again every shoe in that collection is a serious problem. Got lucky and got boosts for retail (was in a starbucks in the city before puff & snoop concert) Paid resale first day for solars (1.6k)

Good Yeezy dialog going on. All the Yeezy's bring something interesting to the table. If they made 750's in black with a translucent anthracite sole it would be game over. 

No, you made the right decision. These are just shoes. Honestly for the 1s, I didn't think about camping out and my gf at the time was SUPER PISSED I decided to go out and stay out all night for some shoes. Never heard the end of it. Anyways, you're in school, you're learning, hopefully getting a degree and making something of youself. I mean, the air yeezys were easy to cop because not a lot of people didn't have $215-500 for em. I went from 11 to number 2 when DQM said they were $500. But ever since then, the yeezys have been a crap shot. Anyways man, what if you stay at the computer and missed them anyway? You would have been with the ladies in the pool. Memories are more important than some shoes. I'm not just saying this cause I have them, but I remember wasting days and nights on camp outs meanwhile my lady is home by herself, i miss parties and i just missing living LIFE. Don't let these shoes steal your time. You can always make the money back. But you can't get your time back. Live your life. 

True, the 1s probably wouldn't have happened for me anyways since I was in HS and no way my parents let me stay out 3 days lol

The Yeezy 1 was like a love letter to the shoes of the 80s-90s to me. They had all the characteristics of a shoe from that era with a bit of a modern touch. The Y2 transitioned from the Yeezy 1 like the AJII transitioned to the AJIV, then the AJV and so on....you could tell where the Y2 had come from, yet had its own flare. I miss the days when a shoe had a limited set of colorways.

I'm not one to really give a damn about what people post, but why try to act like that pic was coming from some source? Maybe the pic was given to him from the "source" or whatever, but really what are we doing as a culture. Trying to impress people online with fake images for props? Trying to get people to view a watermark and logon to your site?

Why would you even want to try to market your site by using fake material? If your content is not real, the site won't last. No one is going to want to get information from a website that is clearly just fabricating its content. 

Didn't pay much attention to prices of yeezy 2's when they dropped but what was the resell like right after release compared to what it is now. seems that the best option is to buy now instead of waiting.

Didn't pay much attention to prices of yeezy 2's when they dropped but what was the resell like right after release compared to what it is now. seems that the best option is to buy now instead of waiting.
resell within the first few months after Y2 drop was around $1.2k and up to a little under 2k, with the solars going for a little more than the plats. I bought my solars for 1.3k 2 weeks after drop. The thing is that most of us then expected that was it for the Yeezy 2's, we knew it was limited and wasn't going to be produced more. But a lot of people felt it was/is different with adidas, so some people are holding out for incase they restock or produce more.  

Last edited:
If we talking brand new I don't ever remember a time the solars were going for under 2...dudes were buying out the local boutiques pairs for over $2.5k a pop. I managed to score a worn pair for 1.7 a couple years ago for a customer but I have never seen a DS pair go for under 2. Hell I think I got my Pass as DS pair for 2 a couple years ago

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom