ADIDAS x YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL THREAD *2016 thread link 1st page*

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I catch them for retail so be it. I wouldnt pay 1k+ for any shoe. Its not about not wanting it or not being able to afford it, I actually have a pretty good job with a fortune 500 company. Its about what I can do with 1k for my family. Hell I feel guilty paying 200 on Js anymore, and actually will only grab them when i can get them below retail. Thankfully I've been able to do so. So if Adidas choses to restock than I will attempt again to get a pair, if not I will wait til season 2. Congrats to all you dudes who got them, and good luck to those trying saturday in person, you're going to need it.

If I catch them for retail so be it. I wouldnt pay 1k+ for any shoe. Its not about not wanting it or not being able to afford it, I actually have a pretty good job with a fortune 500 company. Its about what I can do with 1k for my family. Hell I feel guilty paying 200 on Js anymore, and actually will only grab them when i can get them below retail. Thankfully I've been able to do so. So if Adidas choses to restock than I will attempt again to get a pair, if not I will wait til season 2. Congrats to all you dudes who got them, and good luck to those trying saturday in person, you're going to need it.

Well said , im in the same boat as you. I'm 27 living in NYC and I'm saving for important things -

I can afford to buy them but it isn't worth it
(Unless it's For retail )

Last edited:
Well said , im in the same boat as you. I'm 27 living in NYC and I'm saving for important things -

In new york these are EVERYWHERE. The temptation would be there for me lol..

Living out in LA actually sucks right now... lol... no chance in hell of finding a pair

Living out in LA actually sucks right now... lol... no chance in hell of finding a pair

I hear yah fam, I hope Kanye Barber is legit when he said ReStock-

If not wait until the black pair

(Unless it's For retail )
Same thing here. I'm trying to move out of NYC so paying $1k for these just isn't smart for me right now.

after all the commotion of living in NY i finally took a second and realized how much it sucks for your dudes in other states.

although, the app was def not as easy as many of you think it was. hell it was downright awful, you had to get lucky with maneuvering around the app without knowing your tactic would work...

but im sitting here just thinking like wow id be heated if i were in another state because i never realized that even if you wanted to pay resell with a transaction in person, thats even cut dry on your end.

when thinking along the lines of say someone in Cali, it really makes you realize how botched this release was.  

Can't lie. I'm very upset with adidas the more I think about it. I know I'm echoing most of everyone's sentiments here. I just can't understand some of these moves. YOU HAVE TO HAVE AN EAR TO THE CULTURE AND THE STREETS AND THE MARKET. There's no way adidas was caught off guard by this release and the hype surrounding it. I can understand how it's beneficial to maintain a buzz around product and build momentum, and we'll see how the rest of Yeezy Season 1 plays out, but damn, there's no way adidas didn't know how this would play out or the crazy resell value with these. If the 750 Boost are going to release again and in larger quantities, as Kanye has said, you have to issue a statement. I don't condone anyone dropping racks on kicks, but I'd be furious if I was one of these dudes paying resell because they love kanye and/or his shoes or whatever, only to have the shoe be made available again down the road. You have to have some kind of balance between business practice and consideration for your customers. It's not asking a lot. If the shoes are going to re-release, then just say it. We don't need dates right away. Just let us know it's coming eventually. If the shoes are in fact super limited and that's the route they want to take it, which they have all the right to do, then say it. BUT if that is the case, adidas straight up BLEW IT by providing pairs to these other accounts to mostly have "raffles." There is too much shadiness, too much collusion, and frankly, too much unnecessary danger in having people camp out, line up, and crowd together only to be let down.

I'm choosing to believe adidas will release more pairs down the road. If the shoe was straight up limited, I think adidas would handle the release of all pairs through their site and app. Like I said, we have to wait and see how this all plays out. I'm not sweating it. Already got my eye on a sweet consolation prize, would just be nice to be in the loop.

ALL DAY.

Has Nike EVER came out and officially announced a restock? Never. Only reason we know about NDC restocks in advance is because an employee leaks the info or SoleMartyr or others hack into Nike and find out.

As for feeling bad for people dropping $1K plus on these... why? They obviously felt the shoes were worth what they paid. If they had an issue with dropping $1.2K on these, they wouldn't have paid that amount and waited for a restock that's likely not coming.

after all the commotion of living in NY i finally took a second and realized how much it sucks for your dudes in other states.

although, the app was def not as easy as many of you think it was. hell it was downright awful, you had to get lucky with maneuvering around the app without knowing your tactic would work...

but im sitting here just thinking like wow id be heated if i were in another state because i never realized that even if you wanted to pay resell with a transaction in person, thats even cut dry on your end.

when thinking along the lines of say someone in Cali, it really makes you realize how botched this release was.  
That's where I'm at. Being in Cali all my transactions are mostly in person.

I've never used ebay. Now I have to for this pair and IDK what to expect. Paying 1,500 and get sent a yeezy boost keychain lol...

Just a fear.

IBN is more than his barber. He's his stylist and has had his hand in a lot of designs brought to you YE.

The only new info is that ADIDAS and YE already have tension behind the drop. A lot of "b-grade" pairs and slowed production is cause for concern.

March release will be limited and more than likely the last high drop.

Spoke to my boy at Undftd and he said their initial allocation was 2 fsr for each store but were only sent 1.

IBN is more than his barber. He's his stylist and has had his hand in a lot of designs brought to you YE.

The only new info is that ADIDAS and YE already have tension behind the drop. A lot of "b-grade" pairs and slowed production is cause for concern.

Spoke to my boy at Undftd and he said their initial allocation was 2 fsr for each store but were only sent 1.
thanks bro and i figured he would

so thats it? no more restocks throughout the year after march?

so thats it? no more restocks throughout the year after march?
looks like it. 

I wish Adidas would do what they did in NYC but for every big city. Make the App make 9000 pair for all major cities and let the consumer do the rest. Then they're limited but not seemingly impossible to obtain. Form what I know there were no major problems with the APP.

Found a dude who is selling his pair on the LA craigslist page. His number is from Long Island, NYthough. I hit him up and he sounds sincere but desperate to sell. He has them up for $900 on his site, but is willing to negotiate with you. Take a look and let me know what you guys think.

https://squareup.com/market/few-pairs

If anyone in here at least has a pair of Yeezys whether it be with Nike or Adidas you should be happy!

Especially if you got it for retail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom