ADIDAS x YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL THREAD *2016 thread link 1st page*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it sounds like it is, not to be stalking but I've been in this thread since early double digit pages, and I recalled reading that you missed out on the app (as well as many nyc people including me on 5 phones), that salt was understandable. Then you said you were going on vacation (cancun?) and you'll be on the airplane when they released his saturday. You and everybody else experienced the same 3-4 hr training message. Every post after that, you've been coming in page after page of anger and saltiness and blaming adidas for everything, meanwhile the shoe hasn't even officially released globally. Like I said, even if you're impatient, at least wait 5 days for the official global release or until Adidas make an announcement (which they didn't) regarding the release details. Adidas specifically said their flagship stores will be receiving this, so maybe if you weren't complaining so much, you would've read that and put 2 and 2 together to realize that you have a flagship store in your city. There will be other chances (even if it's a small chance) to get this shoe, you're acting as if that's it for this shoe. Production and releases are not finished yet.
So you truly believe they will restock these. If i were Adidas i wouldnt and just allow them to fight for resale and wait for the lows since the reception was lukewarm. This honestly gives them best chance  to make numbers on the lows, boots, and clothes. I think they will limit those too but not boost limit. But this is my opinion. I do hope your right but i dont see adidas appeasing people simple supply and demand   

Well it sounds like it is, not to be stalking but I've been in this thread since early double digit pages, and I recalled reading that you missed out on the app (as well as many nyc people including me on 5 phones), that salt was understandable. Then you said you were going on vacation (cancun?) and you'll be on the airplane when they released his saturday. You and everybody else experienced the same 3-4 hr training message. Every post after that, you've been coming in page after page of anger and saltiness and blaming adidas for everything, meanwhile the shoe hasn't even officially released globally. Like I said, even if you're impatient, at least wait 5 days for the official global release or until Adidas make an announcement (which they didn't) regarding the release details. Adidas specifically said their flagship stores will be receiving this, so maybe if you weren't complaining so much, you would've read that and put 2 and 2 together to realize that you have a flagship store in your city. There will be other chances (even if it's a small chance) to get this shoe, you're acting as if that's it for this shoe. Production and releases are not finished yet.
wow i don't know if I should be impressed or frightened lol

it doesn't take long to type things and when you write here its usually about the topic. at hand. Wouldn't it be weird if we all started talking about other random things going on in our lives. Like hey just picked up some apples at the store, I can't believe the mark up on them! thats not what you talk about here. So I understand why you think people who post a lot seem to allow the shoe to control their life, but thats not the reality. (at least in my case)

So you truly believe they will restock these. If i were Adidas i wouldnt and just allow them to fight for resale and wait for the lows since the reception was lukewarm. This honestly gives them best chance  to make numbers on the lows, boots, and clothes. I think they will limit those too but not boost limit. But this is my opinion. I do hope your right but i dont see adidas appeasing people simple supply and demand   
Yea I do hope he's right. 

Literally in the process of checking out at FC for a size 13 ($750) and I was either cart jacked or the price seemed to good to be true because it jumped up to $2,000. Something's off there.
My boy was going to purchase the same pair yesterday morning and it disappeared off the site when he got to checkout with no additional pairs available so its def sold and they just didn't remove the price from the inventory until you get to checkout. 

I truly believe they will, even vamp and edshoe said it would. Even if you don't take their word for it, you have to think that adidas aren't much of a hype machine. Even they probably don't believe they can EVER compete with the colossal company as Nike. Adidas know they should milk kanye and this release as much as possible, charging $350 and still selling out? They should cash in as much as they can. They know majority of their shoes hit sales rack all the time, so they should take the opportunity to produced more of a show that will sell out for retail and more.

Even if they restock, they'll probably be little restock over a month time here and there, it will still sell out and still generate the hype and keep it going

I truly believe they will, even vamp and edshoe said it would. Even if you don't take their word for it, you have to think that adidas aren't much of a hype machine. Even they probably don't believe they can EVER compete with the colossal company as Nike. Adidas know they should milk kanye and this release as much as possible, charging $350 and still selling out? They should cash in as much as they can. They know majority of their shoes hit sales rack all the time, so they should take the opportunity to produced more of a show that will sell out for retail and more.

Even if they restock, they'll probably be little restock over a month time here and there, it will still sell out and still generate the hype and keep it going
I truly believe what Vamp and Ed are saying and trust them but in this case the numbers have been very low. I get it they rushed it. A lil restock will be 100 pairs online lol. the online release had to be less than a 1000. I do get that 350 milk it and Ye has said they are limited so i mean why restock. Hve the hype and make them buy the lows  

Yeah this thread is for discussing of the shoe and sharing and finding information about the shoe, not your venting diary. You ask a lot of the same questions as if you've never been in this thread or not even looking up the most available information such as "are these releasing on the 28th?" "What stores?", these are answered countless times and even if you don't believe the members info, this info is available directly from Adidas. And if you can't find it, then just WAIT for the official announcement from Adidas. What the other member said is true, you need to learn patience which you don't seem to have because you're stressing over a shoe that was unveiled and soft released within a 2 week span.

I truly believe what Vamp and Ed are saying and trust them but in this case the numbers have been very low. I get it they rushed it. A lil restock will be 100 pairs online lol. the online release had to be less than a 1000. I do get that 350 milk it and Ye has said they are limited so i mean why restock. Hve the hype and make them buy the lows  

Well Ye did say that he didn't want them to be limited and it was Adidas. Maybe he meant this first batch release is limited. But don't write that in stone.

as far as the lows go, they will sell themselves because of what they're associated with. The hype is there without the need of limiting the 750's. That trick can also backfire, if limiting a shoe is meant to make consumers get the next best thing (boost lows), it can also make people not want anything to do with the company like you said. Not everyone is willing to settle for the next best thing.

Any marketing majors? How many times Does a whole stock clear out especially for addidas. Having only a X amount for a shoe only brings more hype for the next shoe. I'm pretty sure Ye signed a contract where he'll be releasing x and y number of materials. At the end of the day it's a business and anyone's goal is to make the most profit you can without any loss. If there were more than enough shoes, then the shoes wouldn't even sell out as much causing a loss. Plus a huge abundant supply all of the people who did cop wouldn't have really copped. If anyone wants to invest the best thing to invest is an Adidas stock right now. It's like would you want to make 100k in one month or 100k in a year. Time is money.

Last edited:
Well Ye did say that he didn't want them to be limited and it was Adidas. Maybe he meant this first batch release is limited. But don't write that in stone.

as far as the lows go, they will sell themselves because of what they're associated with. The hype is there without the need of limiting the 750's. That trick can also backfire, if limiting a shoe is meant to make consumers get the next best thing (boost lows), it can also make people not want anything to do with the company like you said. Not everyone is willing to settle for the next best thing.
Exactly they are not nike and they dont have that clout to be pulling stuff like this off. I can see the lows sitting if they make GR. The duck boots are fire in my opinion but im almost certain will be limited. The lows are going to be where Ye gets that royalty money from in the long run.

No company is taking a loss when it doesn't sell out. Even on sales rack, the company profits off of it. You really think that yeezy shoes won't sell out? Even if they mass produced and its one for everyone, it will sell out, and that's not even calculating there are plenty of people who want more than 1 pair.

No company is taking a loss when it doesn't sell out. Even on sales rack, the company profits off of it. You really think that yeezy shoes won't sell out? Even if they mass produced and its one for everyone, it will sell out, and that's not even calculating there are plenty of people who want more than 1 pair.
So you think that if the lows are massed produced(100k) and sell for 250 they wont sit alil. They will def sell i just think they will be sold out very quickly

So you think that if the lows are massed produced(100k) and sell for 250 they wont sit alil. They will def sell i just think they will be sold out very quickly

Yes i think so, a shoe doesn't have to be sold out in a few hours to be deemed a success. 100k is not even anywhere near considered mass produced. Y-3 shoes sell out at $350-$400 retail all the time. Sure a few pairs will hit sales rack or discounted, but majority of the pairs will have been bought at retail by fans of the shoe, and that will be considered a profit and a success.

Yes i think so, a shoe doesn't have to be sold out in a few hours to be deemed a success. 100k is not even anywhere near considered mass produced. Y-3 shoes sell out at $350-$400 retail all the time. Sure a few pairs will hit sales rack or discounted, but majority of the pairs will have been bought at retail by fans of the shoe, and that will be considered a profit and a success.
That is real and before i go farther i appreciate the civil conversation we are having lol. Y-3 do sell well but they sell out in my opinion over a course of weeks like 3-4 when they restock, and thats what im referring to when i talk about the lows 

this might sound odd to most of you but i believe anything he puts out with adidas that has a strap will sell out.

that strap is what is consistent with all the shoes hes put out, nike or LV.

i think that will more or less signify his "signature" model. and those will be the most sought after, coveted pairs.

he will release boots, runners etc but i expect once a year, we'll get the STRAP shoe that no matter, it will be limited and THE yeezy to get.

as releases go by, no matter how many times they pop up, the Boost will be extremely hard to get because each launch is/has been so limited.

people who got the NYC release, tried for the online release. People who got the online release will go for the 28th, those will go for the March release and so on. Nobody is content with one pair, and the allure of it in a sick way makes it fun to try to get. its not like another shoe where once somone cops theyre content. Theyre so limited and so sought after that everyone tries for every release no matter if they were successful or not which is what will make this shoe so hard to get. 

Last edited:
^I honestly thought the same about the strap. Funny was a strip of material across the forefoot can do.

Last edited:
Found some more consortium accounts:
No.74 Berlin
Norsestore
Overkill (Berlin)
Highs-n-lows (Australia)
Siivasdescalzo

All in store only. Doesn't really help us here in the states that much but I just thought I'd share the info.

People in UK already camping 5 days ahead.
***** ridiculous. February 28th looked so healthy. And now with hanon and Adidas looking doubtful on the online release. There's no point in camping and there's nowhere to cop online. Look like everyone's last resort is March and EVERYONR is gonna cop there

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom