ADIDAS x YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL THREAD *2016 thread link 1st page*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely disagree. Maybe in 10-15 years, but adidas has the infrastructure and the brand recognition across multiple signgifcant product lines. For adidas it's about reshuffling and setting better strategy. While UA still has many markets where their brand is not established. Don't get me wrong I think UA is on the right path, but if you talk to people on adidas and Nike campuses they're not too worried about them right now.
I know Adidas account owners are pissed because reps didn't not clarify that apparel was needed to get MR allocation.

I won't name the store, but one owner took a loss on the apparel because people started returning all their purchases because it didn't resale well....so, he took his allocation and sold it via consignment to make up for the loss.

He said adidas just doesnt sell. UBs are offered but only in all colorways and he has to sit on anything NOT white UB. He says stans and shell toes sell but YBs are the only thing he sees real bread off of.

Nike letting Kanye go was one of the best things to happen to them.

He pitched the same bum line clothing to them and they said "we don't see the value in your collection"

That's what set him off. 

Fax no printer.

Now let me stop typing before I get another text from my folks at both HQs

Today was a good day 
smokin.gif

mean.gif

instagram.com/benjaminkickz
just think about him cryhing on the phone w/ Khaled about OVOs, all salt washes away
How does this story exist? Is there audio of this?
"I know this kid, name is Benjamin. Lives in Aventura (suburb of Miami) he's only 15 years old and is neighbors with DJ Khaled. We we're in line for the OVO 10's at Unkwn see the OVO thread for the story on that but one excerpt I will tell is how he tried to buy me and a couple other peoples pair so he could get them for Khaled. Bottom line is the kid needed like 10 pair and he walked out with only his personal pair. His Dad flipped out because Unkwn wouldn't let him walk up and get a pair and only let Benjamin get 1 pair. Benjamin started to literally shed tears and called Khaled on speakerphone to apologize. Khaled literally talked like he does in the videos and told him 'It's okay!..., You're a young hustla,,,, I believe in you...'"

I think a lot of people also forget that Adidas seems to be using Kanye's product to help launch and lure us to other product lines, like the Ultra Boost. Just as Nike made us settle for other widely available all red sneakers. They stated awhile ago they had the ambitious goal of selling millions of pairs and spinning the hype off of these ttowards more general release stuff.

Which seems to be working (as UBs are damn near sold out, restocked and then sold out again).
Kanye helped Nike sell flyknits too. All athletic manufacturers pretty much rely on hype whether it is generated by athletes or celebs. If you look at Js, I don't know if there was anything groundbreaking about the shoe itself when they launched. Mike's name was what sold them. This is an old playbook. At least UBs are great shoes and when the undersole turned out to be trash adidas listened and made the necessary changes. I don't mind hype as long as it accompanies substance. 

Wasn't really speaking to you...but I did read the above post and quickly gathered you don't have the slightest idea of what you are talking about. Companies not really caring how much $ they make overall???...hmmm...yeah...ok bruh.

Read my post again papi. I literally said that companies care about how much money they make overall. I can tell your comprehension is poor

No wonder y'all struck out on yeezys

I know Adidas account owners are pissed because reps didn't not clarify that apparel was needed to get MR allocation.

I won't name the store, but one owner took a loss on the apparel because people started returning all their purchases because it didn't resale well....so, he took his allocation and sold it via consignment to make up for the loss.

He said adidas just doesnt sell. UBs are offered but only in all colorways and he has to sit on anything NOT white UB. He says stans and shell toes sell but YBs are the only thing he sees real bread off of.

He pitched the same bum line clothing to them and they said "we don't see the value in your collection"

That's what set him off. 

Fax no printer.

lol whatever, adidas getting sneakers only from kanye from now on so they're butter

someone posted it in the UNC thread i think; was hilarious.

he could only get one pair of OVOs; went with his dad to pickup 2 pairs and they wouldn't let him cop. so he went outside and called khaled and started crying lol
I gotta see/hear this

someone posted it in the UNC thread i think; was hilarious.

he could only get one pair of OVOs; went with his dad to pickup 2 pairs and they wouldn't let him cop. so he went outside and called khaled and started crying lol
I gotta see/hear this
from unc thread:

I know this kid, name is Benjamin. Lives in Aventura (suburb of Miami) he's only 15 years old and is neighbors with DJ Khaled. We we're in line for the OVO 10's at Unkwn see the OVO thread for the story on that but one excerpt I will tell is how he tried to buy me and a couple other peoples pair so he could get them for Khaled. Bottom line is the kid needed like 10 pair and he walked out with only his personal pair. His Dad flipped out because Unkwn wouldn't let him walk up and get a pair and only let Benjamin get 1 pair. Benjamin started to literally shed tears and called Khaled on speakerphone to apologize. Khaled literally talked like he does in the videos and told him "It's okay!..., You're a young hustla,,,, I believe in you..."

Do you guys read? At all?

For the final time: IFFFFFF Nike were to have competition, it would be with UA. Not adidas. That's my ENTIRE point.

was not directed at you. Was just a simple statement.

You have UA stock, we get it. You're their biggest cheerleader because you have an investment.

He never had any intention of doing that despite what he said. He adores this Hype!
True, I hope they at least do multiple restocks. Sell the same shoes over and over again. We'll line up fam...
roll.gif

Today was a good day 
smokin.gif

mean.gif

instagram.com/benjaminkickz
Are these the construction jean shorts and timbs of our generation? Sorry to offend any of y'all that might be fresh out.

Kanye helped Nike sell flyknits too. All athletic manufacturers pretty much rely on hype whether it is generated by athletes or celebs. If you look at Js, I don't know if there was anything groundbreaking about the shoe itself when they launched. Mike's name was what sold them. This is an old playbook. At least UBs are great shoes and when the undersole turned out to be trash adidas listened and made the necessary changes. I don't mind hype as long as it accompanies substance. 
Na. EU sold Flyknits for Nike.

I will agree certain colorways Kanye wore sold those but Flyknits were Nike's bread and butter by themselves.

True, I hope they at least do multiple restocks. Sell the same shoes over and over again. We'll line up fam...
roll.gif

Are these the construction jean shorts and timbs of our generation? Sorry to offend any of y'all that might be fresh out.
those bape hoodies are the jncos of our generation

That's what set him off. 

Fax no printer.

THIS

would have loved to see the faces of those Nike execs who sat through the meeting with Kanye's people telling them about the clothing line.

Could you imagine Nike even getting involved with bum clothing like that? I just see Jaguars GIF in my head.

was not directed at you. Was just a simple statement.

You have UA stock, we get it. You're their biggest cheerleader because you have an investment.

Far from it. I own zero under Armour apparel. I prefer Nike everything.

But if I cheerleader is what you've gathered from my posts about market share, then so be it.

Na. EU sold Flyknits for Nike.

I will agree certain colorways Kanye wore sold those but Flyknits were Nike's bread and butter by themselves.
What did EU do? But, Kanye conversely helped EU come up on Js as well. I saw the evolution in EU from people walking in on release day to buy BRED 1s at 10 AM and walking out no problem to being featured on all the fashion blogs and the lineups getting out of control. NDC EU used to be so sweet....no longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom