ADIDAS X YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL 2017 THREAD *NO LC's PLEASE*

Status
Not open for further replies.
really hope no one is paying resell on these 2.0s right now. Theres going to be some serious undercutting going on with all these double and triple ups already :smokin

This. Paying resale prices def won’t hurt as much.

First things first though—I’m trying to eat for retail.

Cmon SNS

giphy.gif

Waitng for SNS. Congrats to all the Ws. Hopes aren't high though.

Only entered 1 Livestock raffle in the city.

Hope .ca have over at least 1-2K of these

really hope no one is paying resell on these 2.0s right now. Theres going to be some serious undercutting going on with all these double and triple ups already :smokin
Yeah I think most people don’t understand how the market works. The sneaker market has become more efficient w stockx and goat. Prices NOW should reflect the info we have on eventual supply, if after this wknd it is determined that more pairs were made than thought, yes it will go down. If it’s determined these were scarcer, will go up. If as many pairs were made as we think now, today’s price is a good reflection of where these will settle. That’s why when news hits of a restock on a shoe, price immediately drops as this info was new unexpected info on supply. Today’s price should price in all available info as of now.

One thing, there is always the temporary phenomenon where prices dip once pairs get delivered after the pre release pairs. My point is that the simple argument, “resale will drop, don’t pay resale” doesn’t factor in that market price today should Be reflecting the eventual supply.
Someone is buying these pairs now.

My personal view is if these were made in a bit more supply than creams, the beluga 2.0 price should settle around cream price, if not slightly higher, because this colorway is more desirable and versatile than an an all white shoe, so that desirability should counter the slightly higher supply over the creams. Sorry if ranting but sneaker prices are more predictable know than years past.

Last edited:
Yeah I think most people don’t understand how the market works. The sneaker market has become more efficient w stockx and goat. Prices NOW should reflect the info we have on eventual supply, if after this wknd it is determined that more pairs were made than thought, yes it will go down. If it’s determined these were scarcer, will go up. If as many pairs were made as we think now, today’s price is a good reflection of where these will settle. That’s why when news hits of a restock on a shoe, price immediately drops as this info was new unexpected info on supply. Today’s price should price in all available info as of now.

One thing, there is always the temporary phenomenon where prices dip once pairs get delivered after the pre release pairs. My point is that the simple argument, “resale will drop, don’t pay resale” doesn’t factor in that market price today should Be reflecting the eventual supply.
Someone is buying these pairs now.

My personal view is if these were made in a bit more supply than creams, the beluga 2.0 price should settle around cream price, if not slightly higher, because this colorway is more desirable and versatile than an an all white shoe, so that desirability should counter the slightly higher supply over the creams. Sorry if ranting but sneaker prices are more predictable know than years past.

I think you’re highly underestimating the number of kids that are going to just try a quick flip to help offset the cost of the 1 pair they want to keep for themselves. The time to buy for resell is never before a release, and stockx/goat have proven that about a week after (once pairs are in hand) the undercutting begins.

Hmm so i would be good if i put my pair up now (pick up tomorrow morning) and take it to UPS tomorrow ?
That’s your call. I personally don’t list anything until I for sure have them in hand or only do deals direct for the ones not in hand. That way I don’t get screwed if I somehow can’t fill the order.

gambit11 gambit11 it's 3 business days, so if you sell before 1 pm today you have until Monday to ship out. If you sell after 1pm today you have until Tuesday to ship out. They just updated their shipping policy and count Saturday as a business day.

Guys I’m gonna post a longer thing about stockx later but I want to say I’ve studied how their bids and asks move and I think they manipulate pricing. They are artificially capping some Beluga sizes at $500 whereas on goat they are going higher.

Stockx is not a transparent exchange, they see bids and asks and can manipulate prices to benefit themselves when they see too much volume on one side vs the other. Plus, they themselves can be the “buyer” without you knowing. They hold inventory. Ask yourself where they get all the shoes they display in their HQ and where they get all the inventory for contests- they are buying in their own exchange too most likely.

Example- there is a ask of 500 and bid 485. Stockx makes money on the seller selling (12-13%) and the buyer buying (inflated 13.95 shipping). They make no money in a stalemate, so they can easily make a transaction “happen” by meeting in the middle and making the seller believe he sold at 500 and buyer bought at 485. They make their 70 and 5 on shipping and eat the 15 spread. Worth it to them and victimless crime. Or they can undercut the ask themselves to force real sellers to bring their asks in, if a buyer wants to hit this fake ask, they can either not do a sale or claim there were “authentication errors” and cancel your buy (suspiciously happened to me 3 times w creams). You’d never know as their “exchange” is not transparent.

Anyway, I used to think stockx prices were the Gold standard in current pricing but it’s my view that they are hitting the ask on many shoes where there is an imbalance of too many low buyers and stubborn high ask sellers, creating stalemates that make them no money. They can facilitate more liquidity by manipulating the spreads.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom