ADIDAS X YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL 2017 THREAD *NO LC's PLEASE*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the 700s are a great shoe. There is a saying: If you’re not pissing someone off, you probably aren’t doing anything important. And i think Tinker said something similiar along the lines of; if people don't hate your design then you didn't do enough. I feel like this applies to the 700. I think it pushes just far enough. For me there is a line (the jeremy scott line). Where things are just outlandish for the sake of being outlandish. I don't think this shoe is that...i think it is just enough to be different and new...but with the old school vibe. I love it.

Tinker did say something like that. But I think it's important to note that he's produced several designed that are iconic. The Yeezy 700 isn't. The 350v2 might be. Time will tell.

Tinker did say something like that. But I think it's important to note that he's produced several designed that are iconic. The Yeezy 700 isn't. The 350v2 might be. Time will tell.

I'm pretty sure most would consider 350s an iconic design simply by how many shoes have knocked off their cws and design.. Even by Adidas themselves (Tubular Shadow, Tubular Doom lows, etc.).

That said, I do not see this happening with the 700s-they are simply too polarizing with their dad/normcore aesthetic and aren't as wearable as the 350s, or even 750s, for that matter. I see them being closer in reception to the Powerphases, than any of the other Kanye-designed Adidas shoes.

Last edited:
Season 6 soon for anyone who cares
IMG_20170927_103703.jpg

Definitely looking forward to the 700s. I'll be wearing my pair. I'm in my 30s and 700s are definitely more my style now than 350s, which I wear now and then, but sparingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom