ADIDAS X YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL 2016 THREAD - (NO LC PICS PLEASE!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

What did that guy do with the 100 pairs?

Does he have his own store / website?  Sells them on eBay / FlightClub / GOAT / Grailed?

The fakes still aren't 1:1 so anyone who bought off of him would probably have noticed (unless they dont really care) 
I believe they went to Sole Stage.

Been offered to buy these VNDS Moonrock for 650$. I'm so tempted even though I already have a pair lol because they're in awesome condition! Bought a pair in this condition for 600$ a few months ago.

Been offered to buy these VNDS Moonrock for 650$. I'm so tempted even though I already have a pair lol because they're in awesome condition! Bought a pair in this condition for 600$ a few months ago.
at that price I might go for a pair. 

http://hypebeast.com/2016/7/allen-kuo-yeezy-boost-750-100-pairs-explained

Hypebeast questioning Allen Kuo's claims and stating:
 There could be a big issue of the legitimacy of some of these 100 pairs of Yeezy’s
That article is terrible.  Whoever wrote it doesn't understand or let alone believes backdooring occurs on the level that this dude did it on.

A look at ebay/flight club or any other medium to purchase shoes proves legitimate pairs are out early for every release, even those that china could care less about counterfeiting.

Wow the dude just lowered his price to 590$ if I could do a meetup today but unfortunately we don't live close to eachother. Gonna try and get him down if he can send them too!

laugh.gif

im only hurt cause the color i wanted #feelsbatman

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]
[VIDEO]

What a nonsense ... Wow, they cut the most sought after Yeezy boost to find out that the boost goes through the entire shoe. Terrific investigation![/video]

Last edited:

Yeah, but you will pay for the shipping both ways.
so I can sell a shoe on there and then be forced to return someone their money a while later?
Nah, I'm almost positive goat just keeps the shoe in the case of a buyer returning them. They probably end up just re-listing them.

Regardless, every time I've sold on there, I cashed out immediately in case they tried to tell me I had to refund the buyer. I don't keep any funds in my goat account.

That article is terrible.  Whoever wrote it doesn't understand or let alone believes backdooring occurs on the level that this dude did it on.

A look at ebay/flight club or any other medium to purchase shoes proves legitimate pairs are out early for every release, even those that china could care less about counterfeiting.
Yeah it's a terribly written article rife w/ flawed logic. 99% of these sneaker blog writers are complete & utter garbage writers.

Right off the bat, the author keeps referring to him/herself in the first person when the article is credited to "Staff". Makes no sense. Regardless of Allen Kuo's legitimacy, HB has basically no ******* clue what they're talking about haha

Backdooring pairs early is all about who you know. You cant just walk into a store and ASK for a pair of yeezys, you gotta talk to the big dawgs that run that store. And you know with doing that those guys want a piece of profit in return. Its a mutualistic relationship between store and backdoor-ee. Who knows what that guy was offering for those yeezys. Unless hes shopping there everyday or has an invisible hand of celebrity influence in his inner circle, you cant claim this dude went to china to buy counterfeits.

missed out on a pair of GG in 10.5 at $1060 on GOAT. Pretty sure it was that size as I got a notification overnight there was a pair within 10% of my bid.

Backdooring pairs early is all about who you know. You cant just walk into a store and ASK for a pair of yeezys, you gotta talk to the big dawgs that run that store. And you know with doing that those guys want a piece of profit in return. Its a mutualistic relationship between store and backdoor-ee. Who knows what that guy was offering for those yeezys. Unless hes shopping there everyday or has an invisible hand of celebrity influence in his inner circle, you cant claim this dude went to china to buy counterfeits.
Pretty sure in his interview Allen alluded to the fact that he paid well above retail to re-resell his yeezys.

Last edited:
So he paid resell, just so he could resell. This is why collecting sneakers isn't fun anymore. Cornballs like him turned it into a day and night job. 

Last edited:

So he paid resell, just so he could resell. This is why collecting sneakers isn't fun anymore. Cornballs like him turned it into a day and night job. 
Pretty much...  Probably paid $600-$700 per pair in hopes of flipping it for $1500+ but I guess he miscalculated the resell market for GGs after 1st week of initial drop...  Then there was that guy who supposedly made $200K with in 48hr when GG dropped.

Pretty much...  Probably paid $600-$700 per pair in hopes of flipping it for $1500+ but I guess he miscalculated the resell market for GGs after 1st week of initial drop...  Then there was that guy who supposedly made $200K with in 48hr when GG dropped.
i don't remember the interview too much, but i remember they were hoping ot make like 30 or 40% on their money? so they probably paid more than 6 or 7.

He likely paid an average of at least $1,000 a pair. His investment was sound but people like him that aren't really into shoes have no idea why hype is higher on some releases and not on others.

Worst case scenario for him is he can find another bulk buyer like him to take the pairs for what he paid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom