Adidas x Fear Of God Athletics

Adidas dropping dude. He fudged it up heavy with them weakass releases. FoG mainline in general is mid too nowadays. All he wants to make are goddamn coats. He should def of went back to more streetwear looks. I could see Essentials sticking around for a min since hoodies, sweats and that will always be a thing. The only thing he has going for the brand really.

Do y’all think it was timing, pricing, or designs that had the most impact on the failure of the line?

If I were to order them:
Pricing - I know it's FOG and not Essentials, but Adidas' customer base is priced at Essentials level.
Designs - Same old ish. Nothing new except for the performance shoes which are meh.
Timing - Hyped it up like 3 years early. You announce a collab after having a successful solo run, you best not miss when it drops.

My take it was pricing and timing. I like his simplistic yet unique takes. I definitely would’ve bought more if the pricing wasn’t as high.
If I were to order them:
Pricing - I know it's FOG and not Essentials, but Adidas' customer base is priced at Essentials level.
Designs - Same old ish. Nothing new except for the performance shoes which are meh.
Timing - Hyped it up like 3 years early. You announce a collab after having a successful solo run, you best not miss when it drops.

as much i like the shoes, im not sure making them cheaper or having them release 3 years ago would have us talking about them as something monumental today. there might have been more initial hype if they released years ago but nothing ive seen from this line would warrant being mass produced to likes of yeezy or boost shoes. and i say this as someone who bought some of the stuff.

this line is a casualty of addias not knowing who they are post yeezy imo. they should have taken more risks which might mean not branding this as an athletics line.

Last edited:
as much i like the shoes, im not sure making them cheaper or having them release 3 years ago would have us talking about them as something monumental today. there might have been more initial hype if they released years ago but nothing ive seen from this line would warrant being mass produced to likes of yeezy or boost shoes. and i say this as someone who bought some of the stuff.

this line is a casualty of addias not knowing who they are post yeezy imo. they should have taken more risks which might mean not branding this as an athletics line.

Them releasing years ago when there was still Yeezy hype would absolutely of made a difference. Design wise they are mid, but alot of the talk is “oh we waiting all this time for THIS”. If it just released a little after he signed people woudnt have that notion.

Them releasing years ago when there was still Yeezy hype would absolutely of made a difference. Design wise they are mid, but alot of the talk is “oh we waiting all this time for THIS”. If it just released a little after he signed people woudnt have that notion.

there might have been more initial hype if they released years ago but nothing ive seen from this line would warrant being mass produced to likes of yeezy or boost shoes.

I think releasing them would have made a difference then and there but I don’t think what we got would be something worth get hyped over 3 years post release. Meaning that if they released 3 years ago, the basketballs wouldn’t be some coveted model today.

Do y’all think it was timing, pricing, or designs that had the most impact on the failure of the line?
It was all THREE imho. Took him 2.5-3 years to debut and then the price point was too high for things that were similar to essentials.
Sure, materials is one thing but why buy a mock neck for $300 when Essentials sells an identical one for a fraction of the price?
Who was this middle pillar supposed to cater/aim to? None of it was Athletic at all or could be used for real athletes; too baggy for your normal consumer/athlete.

Definitely the timing of it all, and I'm talking a window that extends outside of a few years.

In an economic climate where people are tightening the reins on their budgets, niche fast fashion just isn't as much on the radar as it once was.

So many items that were once highly sought after are now more accessible as consumers are not so easily baited into hype as they once were in the past, quality or not. Stuff is hitting discounts and hitting new lows on resell sites that we never would've imagined 3-5 years ago.

As a few posts have mentioned, this Adidas FOG release would've been golden, or at least had more success, during the Yeezy Era.

Last edited:
Kind of feel bad for Jerry to be honest. Essentials was never meant to be exclusive or limited which is why it's sold in nearly every mall in America and dozens of other places but people just followed the hype and made it "exclusive". And now people don't want it cause everyone wears it even though that was always meant to be the point of it in the first place.

Another issue with the essentials line is that once you have a handful of pieces, you don’t really need much more as it all looks mostly the same season after season. So then making all the adidas stuff 3x priced essentials basically just shrunk their customer base to a microscopic level.

And I say this as someone that bought 2x pairs of the basketball 1, the LA runner, the 86’ lo, and the slide lol.

IMG_9164.png
IMG_9165.png
IMG_9166.png
Draw….. what a lazy change…might still go for it tho 🤣

I just want to know who is going to pay for those slides?

Adidas did everything wrong possible with this line.

Back
Top Bottom