Adidas TS Commander LT

Has anyone tried the new TS Commanders? I really like the new CLOTaritys out this month, I never really considered them before with the bland colorways andhuge size 20s seen on Dwight howard but they look quite decent in this colorway.

adidas-ts-commander-clot-5-1.jpg

i tried them on and i wasnt impressed at all. the first thing i noticed was they were extremely heavy, so i figured it must be a comfy shoe. wrong. thecushioning is very hard and has no give to it whatsoever.

it seems like they just used a very dense rubber compound that adds a ton of weight to the shoe.

mt, I thought these were on th elightweight side? I remember back in the summer, after the finals, it got out that these were the new light, post player shoe,and rumors of almost Hyperdunk weight?

mt, where u saw them? the biggest sz in hk is only US 10, n i thk its pretty light for adidas bball already, i mean, dun compare it to hyperdunk or ZK4

Wasnt exspecting to hear they are heavy cus they are pitched at being a light shoe. Im not surprised to hear they are hard cus they look real low to theground.

The Chelsea LTs look a lot different, hopfully Adidas will come up with a better colorway in these.

kevin-garnett-chelsea-fc-bodega-05-570x427.jpg

adidas usually disappoints in the comfort dept. i dont seem to understand why a lot of ballplayers rock adidas. im starting to think that adidas gives theconsumers the wack versions and the hoopers get the shoes with the gel insoles..lol..i might be overthinking the situation!

Originally Posted by astroox805

adidas usually disappoints in the comfort dept. i dont seem to understand why a lot of ballplayers rock adidas. im starting to think that adidas gives the consumers the wack versions and the hoopers get the shoes with the gel insoles..lol..i might be overthinking the situation!
Sounds like you have a swoosh tattooed on your palms and nether regions.

mt, I thought these were on th elightweight side? I remember back in the summer, after the finals, it got out that these were the new light, post player shoe, and rumors of almost Hyperdunk weight?

not even close. if the shoe had a normal sole, that might be the case. im not sure if this helps describe what im talking about with the weight, but if youhold a tennis shoe it feels like the shoe pulls your hand down because all of the weight of the shoe is in the outsole due to the rubber used. thats exactlywhat i felt with these, so the upper and midsole may be very light, but the outsole adds significant weight.

i saw them at *%++'s sporting goods. they had four colors: black, white, royal blue, and navy blue. all of the uppers were patent leather and the stripeswere silver.

ill go wednesday with a scale and camera in hand to show you guys the colors available and compare the weight of these commander lt's to the hyperize.

dark chocolate- looks like your tryin to come off like an internet warrior with your imaginary sword! cool it! i like all adidas that have the "feet youwear" system. those always seemed to be the most comfortable kicks from adidas!

mt, saw them myself at the same store. I know what you mean - that adidas patent material is extremely light, and the stripes and support structures had almostno weights, but it seemed the sole weighed twice as much as the rest of the shoe. I still thought they fel pretty good in the cushioning and the ankle cut feltgreat. Just wish they would do some white-based colors in normal leather, not this TB patent of the last couple years.

agreed...i got some pics for those who havent seen them. i must say that im extremely disappointed in the basketball shoes for this year across the board.
21sig3.jpg

23tjjm9.jpg

15ga2yw.jpg

24y7brc.jpg

Originally Posted by KenJi714

Adidas fail at the cushioning department
basketball shoe

After the Bromium series, Kobe Is and T-Mac Is, its been going downhill for their basketball shoes ever since. Most of them are butt ugly, heavy, and havehorrible cushioning. They need to bring back the shoes I mentioned, or even the feet you wear, like someone else mentioned. Their best basketball shoeshappened almost 10 years ago.

Let's be honest then: Nike's best came out 10-13 years ago. The Zoom 95, Jordan XI, Uptempo Max years. If not, explain why every major shoe from thatera has been retro'd to waiting masses, while Nike's new shoes all sit in dust (except Kobe IV). Get off the Swoosh-wagon.

Originally Posted by mjd77

Originally Posted by KenJi714

Adidas fail at the cushioning department
basketball shoe

After the Bromium series, Kobe Is and T-Mac Is, its been going downhill for their basketball shoes ever since. Most of them are butt ugly, heavy, and have horrible cushioning. They need to bring back the shoes I mentioned, or even the feet you wear, like someone else mentioned. Their best basketball shoes happened almost 10 years ago.
the ts creators and lightning creators were awesome, they last longer than nikes too.

but i aint feeling these, i'll just save up for the cut creators and pray they're better or as good as the creators and lightnings.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by mt3130

agreed...i got some pics for those who havent seen them. i must say that im extremely disappointed in the basketball shoes for this year across the board.
21sig3.jpg

I just tried these on at Gart sports and their not as heavy as I thought they would be, in fact their not heavy at all. They fit about a half-size small andtheir very comfortable and well cushioned. I had tried on a pair of powermaxes they had there, compared the two and these are way lighter.

No offense to you Mt3130
ohwell.gif
, but this shoe didn't feel heavy at alland the cushioning didn't feel hard. The shoe was light and well cushioned.

Most of the TS signature line have been comfy straight out of the box. Of course, I gotta pickup the Timmy D version.
embarassed.gif

As far as, the pros getting a better version than the general population, that's HIGHLY LIKELY. Remember these dudes go through shoes probably every 2games or less with the rigors of the professional level ( double/triple stitching and tougher materials). Also, THEY ALL use ORTHOTICS for that custom fit andcushion. This doesn't apply to AdiDas but to the other brands as well. But what did you expect for $100.
happy.gif
It's better than the wack Jordan fusions
indifferent.gif
going for $140 and up
eyes.gif

Im not really feelin the colorways above other than the KGs, the other shoes don't look right in patent. Im sure they're comfy though.

Not my pic, but this colorway is
eek.gif
smokin.gif

142dm2v.jpg

2co51u1.jpg

zjxdnk.jpg

Candace Parkers CW

w7fyaf.jpg

2eqe928.jpg

Edit- I didnt want to make a separate post but here are the new Cut Creators (Official Adidas Post?
nerd.gif
). If they perform anything like the OG creators or the lightning creators thesewill most definitely be in the rotation.

bi9bgx.jpg

21jr3gg.jpg

25he70w.jpg

was gonna post the lows but they don't look that smooth.

i like the cut creators, but adidas shoes always give me shin splints. i really wanna get away from nike because they always seem to let me down, but reeboksare terrible and adidas always gives me shin splints.

Back
Top Bottom