Adidas ORIGINALS updates

These Stan Smiths use deer leather (as I was told by the adidas Originals store clerk) and it's a super soft and supple feel.

The LA trainer has a very high quality authentic nubuck and leather upper with heavy duty mesh (material quality on par if not better than NB1300JP).

This is the first time I've managed to purchase a pair of Consortiums, I've read about them since 2008 but nobody carries this line here in Toronto until recently. The adidas Originals flagship store doesn't carry Consortium or the Spezial line (they are too busy milking NMDs these days).

I can imagine it wouldn't be hard to buy the limited runs in Germany?
The nearest Consortium account from where I live is TGWO which is still a 90 minute drive. So I usually rather try online.

I've had the MIG Stan Smiths in hand but passed on them due to some other releases and the price. Since then I got the deer skin Reebok x HAL Classic NPC, which are a nice consolation price but I still might try to get the Stans one day. I wasn't that impressed with the LA Trainer though. The quality is very good but "only" as good as I'd expect from a 200+ Euro pair of sneakers.

I would recommend the Adidas X AKOG collab on the New York model. This pair is undeniably a piece of art, IMO.

Yes it's Made In Germany.

http://www.hanon-shop.com/the-blog/adidas-consortium-x-a-kind-of-guise/
I have the navy pair and I totally agree. Great pair of shoes that have an everyday feeling about them but still have a very distinct and special design. Got them for an amazing price as well but they're definitely worth the retail.

I wasn't that impressed with the LA Trainer though. The quality is very good but "only" as good as I'd expect from a 200+ Euro pair of sneakers.
My only beef with Adidas these days is their declining craftsmanship regardless of where their shoes are made, mainly with glue stains. I figured that I'm just paying for high quality materials with these German Made sneakers, not workmanship which is unfortunate.

A decade ago while on a trip to Florida, the Adidas outlet at Orlando was selling Marathon 80s for 10 bucks, and I picked up two SL76s for 20 bucks a pair. The quality of those shoes were amazing (Made in China). I've never came across such shoes ever again.

Last edited:
My only beef with Adidas these days is their declining craftsmanship regardless of where their shoes are made, mainly with glue stains. I figured that I'm just paying for high quality materials with these German Made sneakers, not workmanship which is unfortunate.

A decade ago while on a trip to Florida, the Adidas outlet at Orlando was selling Marathon 80s for 10 bucks, and I picked up two SL76s for 20 bucks a pair. The quality of those shoes were amazing (Made in China). I've never came across such shoes ever again.

General quality of adidas and puma GR'S still better than Nike tbh. I'd take a standard BOG or EQT 93 retro over an average AM90 OR BW retro right now

My god the leather on the Kasina.

Went with my usual 8 and perfect!

Guys trust me. Do not pass up on these!!!

hey guys new to adidas

looking to get the equipment support adv in the all black.  

I need help on sizing though, ive read alot of this thread but still am unsure.

I am an 11.5 in AM90, and 11 in NB made in USA.  i have a 12 available to me but want to make sure they wont be huge, read some ppl going up half size from their TTS.

Any help is appreciated

hey guys new to adidas

I am an 11.5 in AM90, and 11 in NB made in USA.  i have a 12 available to me but want to make sure they wont be huge, read some ppl going up half size from their TTS.

Any help is appreciated
i'd personally go 11 for the perfect length, but the toe tapers a lot, and can feel quite tight for wider feet. So 11.5 would be doable as well.

12 would be way too long.

Yesterday

When you got too much heat on your feet, it burns a hole through your socks :lol:

I never got around to copping the black pair. Those are fire too. What holds me back is the bubble that forms in the toe area

i'd personally go 11 for the perfect length, but the toe tapers a lot, and can feel quite tight for wider feet. So 11.5 would be doable as well.

12 would be way too long.
really im surprised by that, most of what i read said to go .5 up.

thanks for the response tho

Hey folks, my triple black EQT ADV Supports came in last week and I finally had a chance to try them on but they are too snug for my liking. Super bummed as the shape is amazing and the shoes themselves are fire.

So, if anyone needs a size 12 in the triple black (for retail) pm me!
are you normally a 12 is say nike?

^^ Glad I was not the only one who loves them. People will regret sleeping on these.

They really stood out to me when I first saw pics. Glad I copped. I'd been holding out on shelltoes for years so I'm glad I got a special version as my first pair

hey guys new to adidas

Any help is appreciated

I got the OGs in 9.5 and 10, 9.5 being my all-around TTS and the 10s were ok but just a bit long and my foot was slipping a smidge. I gave those up and kept my TTS. I have a semi-wide foot, too.

hey guys new to adidas

Any help is appreciated

hey guys new to adidas

Any help is appreciated
I got the OGs in 9.5 and 10, 9.5 being my all-around TTS and the 10s were ok but just a bit long and my foot was slipping a smidge. I gave those up and kept my TTS. I have a semi-wide foot, too.
I have a pretty normal width foot, but wear the same size it appears and MrBupp. Like he mentioned, I'd go with your TTS unless your foot is really wide. Originally I bought a .5 up  (size 10) in the ADV 91-16 OGs and they work, but purchased a TTS 9.5 to compare and they feel better. .5 up will probably work, but  you're more than likely going to have a little bit of slippage on the heel. 

Long story short, go with your TTS unless you think you have a wide foot. This way you don't have to waste your time selling your extra pair like me now 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
My kasinas came in today. Definitely look nice and glad I picked up. I went a full size down(10.5 -> 9.5) and they are a fairly snug fit. I'll see if I can get a 10 to try on, but otherwise I'm fine with how it feels, and they will probably wear in a little. 

Is there still love in the clima cool 1s? I didnt get them back then but after it collabs with coca cola. And with 40% staff discount. Cant resist to get them on my feet.

Back
Top Bottom